Is GSP too small for MW?

Junglebird

i think he could do well there.... but he would be a average sized guy in the div (maybe even slightly above average.... he is 195lbs, would probably put on 5-10 more lbs......

right now he is about the biggest guy at WW, move to MW would be good, test his skill.... would be more exciting to see him try wrestle big guys

yea gsp usually walks around at 185-195' date=' i think moving up would definetly affect his speed and wrestling though, but i would still love to see him move p and fight silva[/quote']

well didnt he just beat up a guy that was easy 10 or 11 pounds heavier than gsp the big brazilian i think it was on mir brock 2 was it tiago? hey if any1 knows tiagos w8 for that fight it might give us some idea

He's perfect for MW, and could do well in LHW as well.

GSP is the same size as Rashad Evans - but GSP even has a bigger reach than Rashad, and Rashad was successful even in HW.

Actually, GSP would have a reach advantage over most LHWs and many HWs [sic!] , let alone MWs:

GSP - 76"

Jardine - 76"

Verdum - 76"

Shogun - 76"

Thiago Silva - 75"

Couture - 75"

Rashad - 74.5"

Machida - 74"

Fedor - 74"

Rampage - 73"

Cro Cop - 73"

I remember I was like "WTF o_O" when I saw Carwin standing next to GSP. They looked like they're about the same size, except for GSP having a lower body fat.

He's perfect for MW' date=' and could do well in LHW as well.

GSP is the same size as Rashad Evans - but GSP even has a bigger reach than Rashad, and Rashad was successful even in HW.

Actually, GSP would have a reach advantage over most LHWs and many HWs [sic!'] , let alone MWs:

GSP - 76"

Jardine - 76"

Verdum - 76"

Shogun - 76"

Thiago Silva - 75"

Couture - 75"

Rashad - 74.5"

Machida - 74"

Fedor - 74"

Rampage - 73"

Cro Cop - 73"

I remember I was like "WTF o_O" when I saw Carwin standing next to GSP. They looked like they're about the same size, except for GSP having a lower body fat.

No **** i didnt realize that mate.Personally i would say he does not have many fights left at WW maybe jake shields (when the UFC get him) but the rest are just rematches.By the way killer avatar pic bruce lee is the legend of legends and p4p greatest of all time in my opinion.

Just wondering your guys' opinions on whether GSP will be ok at Middle weight.

I've seen some say "GSP is too Small for MW"

I think he would be fine at MW personally' date=' and hope he goes there at some point![/quote']

I don't think he's too small for the division, but he is big and unstoppable at Welterweight... If he was put in with a bunch of guys who have the size he has, it may be a different story.

GSP said hes gaining weight slowly and naturally but I have a feeling he really doesnt want to move from WW. Why leave the division where he can beat the same guys he beat again and again and again. He knows theres less risk fighting the same guys in WW than going up to MW to fight the 8 legged spider. GSP is a mathematician, sadly he doesnt have the heart of a fighter who seeks to be the best in the world. Afterall gatorade contract is good.

GSP came into the Hardy fight weighing 191 pounds. The avg. MW usually cuts from around 200 pounds. GSP is going to have plenty of time to bulk up, because his fight with Koscheck probably wont be until November/December. After the Kos fight we could probably see GSP coming into 2011 weighing 197-200 pounds.

I think GSP would be an average-to-small middleweight. I'd love to see a matchup with Anderson Silva, who is absolutely huge for a middleweight. He's much more at home as a LHW, or if he bulked up even a HW at the lower end of the scale.

honestly i see guys like sonnen laughing at gsp if they fought, sure hes a badass at WW but he cant muscle wrestlers at MW they would just GSP, GSP. Anderson Silva wouldnt even toy with him cause hed be to scared to because if he gassed gsp would wrestle his way to victory and silva would be the laughing stock of UFC

GSP said hes gaining weight slowly and naturally but I have a feeling he really doesnt want to move from WW. Why leave the division where he can beat the same guys he beat again and again and again. He knows theres less risk fighting the same guys in WW than going up to MW to fight the 8 legged spider. GSP is a mathematician' date=' sadly he doesnt have the heart of a fighter who seeks to be the best in the world. Afterall gatorade contract is good.[/quote']

great fighters like gsp will win in their division time and time again. But, if gsp went up in weight and won he would be a legend. until then hes just a great fighter

Archived