Ken Shamrock: legend or loser?

TheJanitor

I personally don't like Ken. Never have. Probably never will. But if you question his status as a legend and true pioneer of this sport you have very little right to consider yourself a fan.

As for if he should call it quits - it's up to him. Athletes continue to compete long after they've peaked and while it's sometimes saddening to see an icon beaten by a journeyman, it never the less is the fighters choice. The hardest part of being a champion is not when you lose the title, it's when you have to accept that not only are you not great anymore...you're not even good...

I personally don't like Ken. Never have. Probably never will. But if you question his status as a legend and true pioneer of this sport you have very little right to consider yourself a fan.

As for if he should call it quits - it's up to him. Athletes continue to compete long after they've peaked and while it's sometimes saddening to see an icon beaten by a journeyman' date=' it never the less is the fighters choice. The hardest part of being a champion is not when you lose the title, it's when you have to accept that not only are you not great anymore...you're not even good...[/quote']

Sorry Champ, I didn't know you decided my rights, What do you know about being a champion fighter? An angry school girl with a wet fish would probably give you a savage flogging

If he had been smart enough to give up after Tito whooped him the first time, he would have been a legend.. but after his TuF performance and his last fights he is on his way of beeing a joke...

to bad, cause in UFC1 he had some potential:)

Shamrock is a true hall of famer. He's done a lot for the sport. He was the first to bring a UFC storey line to the WWE and attempt to bring UFC to a broader audience.

I dont particularly like him, I think he's got a massive ship on his shoulder, but I cant take away from all he's done for the sport.

Shamrock is a grafter, he'll just keep going at it, but there comes a time when it is unsafe to continue a career in fighting.

Its up to the fighter to realise that hes putting himself in danger, but its also up to the promoters and the commissioning board, who grant liscences to fight, to call time on a fighters career and keep them safe.

Ken Shamrock is a legend in the sport. Yes he was on steroids, but so have most of the other Hall of Famers. The guy suffered a broken neck when he was younger and worked through it to become a mixed martial artist. May not be the best fighter, but he is definitely a legend.

Haha ken is just the original tito, kos, lesnar ect. He brought hype to mma, in order to broaden the horizon that the ufc and mma sit on.

He has had many great fights, butmost people didn't learn who he was til it was too late in his career.

He will go into the hall of fame, mark my words.

You may think he's the biggest loser of the legends, but he's a legend none the less.

I think he's a legend. The insane training regimens at the Lions Den was revolutionary. They would commonly walk up to newer guys and choke them out, while whispering into their ears that they were going to kill them. Ken is known for being one of the toughest SOB there was. They had to set a limit for the amount of times someone could be choked out in one day. I think it was 3. They were trying to condition themselves to not fear death. He was pretty excitable, but he didn't take **** from anyone.

I think he's a legend. The insane training regimens at the Lions Den was revolutionary. They would commonly walk up to newer guys and choke them out' date=' while whispering into their ears that they were going to kill them. Ken is known for being one of the toughest SOB there was. They had to set a limit for the amount of times someone could be choked out in one day. I think it was 3. They were trying to condition themselves to not fear death. He was pretty excitable, [b']but he didn't take **** from anyone[/b].

Except Tito

Ken's definitely a legend but I think character wise he's a loser

Except Tito

Ken's definitely a legend but I think character wise he's a loser

Yeah I mean I wouldn't want to be his friend, but he's a legend in the fight game. He was too old IMO to fight a prime Tito. The whole grudge match started because Ken didn't take any ****.

ken shamrock is without a doubt a legend, i can't stand the blokes personality but to deny what he has accomplished in this sport, to help it build to what it is....to overlook all of that just because he either had a stint in the wwe, or lost his last few fights or annoys you with the way he is makes you no more than the basic 'fan boy / fan hater' and definately not an MMA fan. Same goes for Chuck...he's not done well recently, he probably will never do very well again but does that really mean he's a loser?...not in a million years. If ken still wants to fight...accept it, he's earned the right to fight any offered fight for as long as and wherever he likes. Anyone that called him a loser and not legend should really understand that the ufc, the 'big names', the UFC forum we're all on...well without guys like him none of this would be here. There are by faaaaaaaar way too many 'Glory Hunters' in here, they will turn on a fighter after 1 bad fight, they will follow a man that wins..until he loses, it's rediculous. Try and look past the man and his words and watch what he's actually doing, don't switch your brain off just because 'ground game is boring', just watch it.....oh and a big tip is not to listen too much to Joe R, he has a tendancy to 'forget' the other fighter in the ring. It's just s shame this sport is seemingly getting hijacked by fanboys who seem to think the only thing about all this mma is is 'who hits the hardest'. A true mma fan will without a doubt say ken shamrock is a Legend.

Haha ken is just the original tito' date=' kos, lesnar ect. He brought hype to mma, in order to broaden the horizon that the ufc and mma sit on.

He has had many great fights, butmost people didn't learn who he was til it was too late in his career.

[b']He will go into the hall of fame, mark my words.[/b]

You may think he's the biggest loser of the legends, but he's a legend none the less.

He is already in the UFC Hall of Fame.

He always thought too much of himself.

Look at his record, it actually isn't that great. He wasted valuable time trying to do the "WWE" crap while others stuck it out when the sport was evolving and that's why he'll never be in the UFC again.

He'll never be in a major promotion again. Career is done.

Archived