Sign in to follow this  
sjameson6969

Who's the most underrated fighter in the ufc? According to the forum

IMO it must be Bisping.

His only losses have been to top contenders/former champions.

Now I'm not a huge Bisping fan. Just think he's very underrated.

He just really needs to move camp!

Who you guys think?

Bisping is a gatekeeper. Can't beat legends or champions, but wins over everyone else.

I've noticed a good deal of contempt and general disregard for Fitch. I understand his style isn't favorable, but some people even question his status as a contender, when for my money I'd put him in the top 5 WW easily, and possibly a spot on the top 10 current p4p.

Evan Dunham comes to mind. One of only 2 undefeated fighters in the lightweight division. But everyone talks about Maynard (the other undefeated fighter; 10-0 like Dunham), Penn, Edgar, Tyson Griffin, Clay Guida, KenFlo, etc. They're all awesome, just saying.

Brock.... Everyone gives him sh*t and nobody gives him the credit that he deserves. And for that they are fools.

I gotta agree with this.

Everyone talks sh*t about Brock, saying that he hasn't fought anybody, blah blah blah.

That's because he's only been doing this for a few years!! What will people say if he wins his next 4 fights against Carwin, Velasquez, Dos Santos and maybe Mir again? Oh, I know.. they'd say that they are all cans, and that Fedor would still crush Lesnar.

IMO it must be Bisping.

Who you guys think?

How do u go 4rm overrated to underrated? Bispings most crediable win is Dennis Kang and he gassed after the 1st round, hes still overrated mate.

Bisping is a gatekeeper. Can't beat legends or champions' date=' but wins over everyone else.

I've noticed a good deal of contempt and general disregard for Fitch. I understand his style isn't favorable, but some people even question his status as a contender, when for my money I'd put him in the top 5 WW easily, and possibly a spot on the top 10 current p4p.[/quote']

I think the contempt comes from how Fitch fights.

But undeniable, he has one of the best records in mma.

Guy just hardly ever loses.

I gotta agree with this.

Everyone talks sh*t about Brock' date=' saying that he hasn't fought anybody, blah blah blah.

That's because he's only been doing this for a few years!! What will people say if he wins his next 4 fights against Carwin, Velasquez, Dos Santos and maybe Mir again? Oh, I know.. they'd say that they are all cans, and that Fedor would still crush Lesnar.[/quote']

If he beats these guys then he will most likely start getting more respect.

The whole Fedor arguement is because people were claiming Brock was the better fighter without any real record to base this on, by this i mean he had just beat Herring and people were already claiming he was the greatest of all time, a title Fedor has undeniably earnt throughout his career and a lot of his fans feel like his achievements are constantly undermimed by Brock fanatics.

Brock no doubt has the potential to be great, he should however earn this reputation by beating guys like you have mentioned as opposed to gaining it because of things he has done before MMA.

IMO it must be Bisping.

Who you guys think?

So far he has exceeded only in defeating cans. If anything this guy is far overrated. Dana fed him cans at uk shows for most of his ufc career to build British fan base. Anytime he has peeked his head above mediocrity its gotten smashed down.

How do u go 4rm overrated to underrated? Bispings most crediable win is Dennis Kang and he gassed after the 1st round' date=' hes still overrated mate.[/quote']

Bisping I don't think is overrated.

People on here stick up for him because they're British.

I know he has work to do, just think he needs to get on with it.

Those fights and losses can only help give him experience.

People on here talk like he couldn't hang with anyone, lets be honest he hung with Rashad and Wandy ok.

And say his chins weak, like Henderson only skimmed his chin!!!

So far he has exceeded only in defeating cans. If anything this guy is far overrated. Dana fed him cans at uk shows for most of his ufc career to build British fan base. Anytime he has peeked his head above mediocrity its gotten smashed down.

I hear this "can" word thrown about on here, can you define a "can" for me?

Bisping I don't think is overrated.

People on here stick up for him because they're British.

I know he has work to do' date=' just think he needs to get on with it.

Those fights and losses can only help give him experience.

People on here talk like he couldn't hang with anyone, lets be honest he hung with Rashad and Wandy ok.

And say his chins weak, like Henderson only skimmed his chin!!![/quote']

Evans is overrated 2, and Wanderlei is not the same, I hope Miller chokes him out.

If he beats these guys then he will most likely start getting more respect.

The whole Fedor arguement is because people were claiming Brock was the better fighter without any real record to base this on' date=' by this i mean he had just beat Herring and people were already claiming he was the greatest of all time, a title Fedor has undeniably earnt throughout his career and a lot of his fans feel like his achievements are constantly undermimed by Brock fanatics.

Brock no doubt has the potential to be great, he should however earn this reputation by beating guys like you have mentioned as opposed to gaining it because of things he has done before MMA.[/quote']

Good to see a well-written, logical response.

I also know that Brock is totally unproven, and he may very-well lose to Carwin, but I can also see that the potential is there for him to defeat all of these guys. His size, strength and wrestling ability will be a handful for anybody to overcome, and if he manages to add a decent striking game and learn a couple of simple subs, he will be one hell of a monster.

IMO it must be Bisping.

Who you guys think?

Diego Sanchez. He demolished everyone before losing to BJ. And really who hasn't lost to BJ at LW? No one ever seems to talk about him in the p4p rankings though when I think that he is #2 to BJ.

Evans is overrated 2' date=' and Wanderlei is not the same, I hope Miller chokes him out.[/quote']

Now I can't stand Evans, but to say he's overrated just makes no sense.

Millar won't choke him out, TKO 2nd round Bisping for the win.

Good to see a well-written' date=' logical response.

I also know that Brock is totally unproven, and he may very-well lose to Carwin, but I can also see that the potential is there for him to defeat all of these guys. His size, strength and wrestling ability will be a handful for anybody to overcome, and if he manages to add a decent striking game and learn a couple of simple subs, he will be one hell of a monster.[/quote']

Brock is by no means unproven, will kick Carwins butt and has no obligation to take a pay cut to fight for lesser companies to prove himself. The guy ducking competition has the responsibility to come the best company show his worth.

Right now all Fedor is showing is how fast he can run. HW MMA track team, Fedor 100 meter dash starter. No doubt. He runs faster then anyone.

If he goes against the Kenyans just put Brock behind him at the starting line. Fedor will set a world record for sprinting AWAY from the competition.

I hear this "can" word thrown about on here' date=' can you define a "can" for me?[/quote']

I'm pretty sure Elvis Sinosic's picture is next to it in the dictionary.

Brock is by no means unproven' date=' will kick Carwins butt and has no obligation to take a pay cut to fight for lesser companies to prove himself. The guy ducking competition has the responsibility to come the best company show his worth.

Right now all Fedor is showing is how fast he can run. HW MMA track team, Fedor 100 meter dash starter. No doubt. He runs faster then anyone.

If he goes against the Kenyans just put Brock behind him at the starting line. Fedor will set a world record for sprinting AWAY from the competition.[/quote']

Statements like these from Brock "fans" are the reason there is so much hatred aimed towards him, of course it isn't his fault but these guys make people want to see Brock knocked out.

No logic, no grasp of MMA as a whole, just an insulting post aimed towards Fedor without any true substance.

Good one' date=' is he the only can Bisping fought? Or has [b']everyone[/b] he's beat been a can?

Now I can't stand Evans' date=' but to say he's overrated just makes no sense.

Millar won't choke him out, TKO 2nd round Bisping for the win.[/quote']

I think he is, a little to much overhyped and not an impressive fighter. Hes a good fighter but not elite by any means. I see Rampage on top with a 1st round KO. I hope Bisping gets chocked out but ur assesment on the fight is a good guess I guess lol.

Brock is by no means unproven' date=' will kick Carwins butt and has no obligation to take a pay cut to fight for lesser companies to prove himself. The guy ducking competition has the responsibility to come the best company show his worth.

If he goes against the Kenyans just put Brock behind him at the starting line. Fedor will set a world record for sprinting AWAY from the competition.[/quote']

I'm going to side with Vonyoda on this one.

You're not helping your cause. Fedor is no joke, and to say things like this, just shows pure ignorance.

Good one' date=' is he the only can Bisping fought? Or has [b']everyone[/b] he's beat been a can?

Only crediable win, Dennis Kang, maybe Leben? Nah and he should have lost the Hammil fight. So yes, just about everybody else, CANS.

I believe that the problem with Bisping is when he gets a shot against the tougher fighters he struggles with ways to win the fight, he doesnt show KO power, great submissions and due to lack of wrestling (a common problem with Brits as we don't get to do it in schools) he can't really rely on that either.

I'm not knocking him at all, like i say i'm a Brit too so i do want to see him do well.

I'd also have to say Diego Sanchez. He gets such a bad rap because he put on a lackluster performance in which he got dominated, but never gave up (UFC 107). His losses to Jon Fitch and Josh Koscheck (two of the top 5 welterweights) are still admirable. And a fighter like Diego getting dominated at 107 just goes to show how real BJ Penn is.

Brock.... Everyone gives him sh*t and nobody gives him the credit that he deserves. And for that they are fools.

what???? haha again its a GTFO

I think he is' date=' a little to much overhyped and not an impressive fighter. Hes a good fighter but not elite by any means. I see Rampage on top with a 1st round KO. I hope Bisping gets chocked out but ur assesment on the fight is a good guess I guess lol.[/quote']

Oh I don't think Evans will make it outve the first round with Rampage.

But look he's only lost to Machida, (no shame in that)

Oh and I thought Bisping fight was a draw.

Good enough to fight and entertain for a living but not good enough to ever be competition for the belt.

To compare to Soccer or Baseball for instance, a can is a 3rd string player. Every team needs them but they will never be a star.

so the ufc is the best company because they pay more??DAMN YOU TROLL

hahaha you sir and the rest of the brock d!ck riders on here are an absolute joke

what???? haha again its a GTFO

LMAO, yeah no way Brock is underrated, who gets a title shot when there 1-1 in the ufc? Not a underrated fighter.

Only crediable win' date=' Dennis Kang, maybe Leben? Nah and he should have lost the Hammil fight. So yes, just about everybody else, CANS.[/quote']

but i thought the ufc had 'elite' fighters...but i guess when the topic turns to a fighter you dislike then you just trade the word 'elite' for 'cans' instead. If not then there are so many 'cans' in the ufc that maybe we should drop the 'U' from the title. Otherwise you're basically saying that apart from a handfull of fighters the ufc is really no different to SF

I'm going to side with Vonyoda on this one.

You're not helping your cause. Fedor is no joke' date=' and to say things like this, just shows pure ignorance.[/quote']

Everday Fedor runs away from him proves me that much more right. Nothing will stop it but Fedor nutting up and fighting in the ufc. Period. I dont think he can hang there and his record is padded. Other people like me think basically the same. Its not just Brock its pretty much all of the top UFC HW's would work him. If his fans dont like hearing it they should be sending him emails and phone calls to fight in the UFC. Not defending his padded **** record online.

Till he nuts up he wont shut us up and we will probably ensure his much padded record is tarnished. In the internet age it doesnt take much to mess up a reputation. He did it himself by ducking and his detractors have added many hundreds of pages all over the internet about him ducking. Fedor will never live down this ducking. Within another year or 2 he wont be on the top 5, much less p4p. Watch and see.

Only crediable win' date=' Dennis Kang, maybe Leben? Nah and he should have lost the Hammil fight. So yes, just about everybody else, CANS.[/quote']

Well theres two people he's beat that aren't cans then.

The Evans fight was controversial so that evens up the the Hammil fight!!:)

I thought the reason we all were so interested in the UFC is because we were supposed to have all the best mma talent in the world?

Can's just a bs made up term for people looking to play down a win by a fighter they don't like..

got to be fitch!!!!! how people couldnt put him top5 is crazy. if you scratch the gsp fight he has won his LAST 20 YES 20 fights with one loss in between to gsp (nothing to be ashamed of) i cant stand watching him but he is easily one of the p4p best in the world........his record is unreal

but i thought the ufc had 'elite' fighters...but i guess when the topic turns to a fighter you dislike then you just trade the word 'elite' for 'cans' instead. If not then there are so many 'cans' in the ufc that maybe we should drop the 'U' from the title. Otherwise you're basically saying that apart from a handfull of fighters the ufc is really no different to SF

The cavalry's here to help me!!!

Good old slapped meat :)

so the ufc is the best company because they pay more??DAMN YOU TROLL

hahaha you sir and the rest of the brock d!ck riders on here are an absolute joke

Yeah **** they are. PROFESSIONAL athletes are just that. Pros. This is how they pay their bills, pay their alimony, send their kids to college and live their lives. The best want to make the most money. So they go where the money is.

Same as the best stock brokers chase the biggest commission and the best chefs work at the best restaurants. When someone spends their entire lives training for a career they expect to make the most money they can at it.

Anyone who thinks differently is borderline retarded Guess we know where YOU are.

got to be fitch!!!!! how people couldnt put him top5 is crazy. if you scratch the gsp fight he has won his LAST 20 YES 20 fights with one loss in between to gsp (nothing to be ashamed of) i cant stand watching him but he is easily one of the p4p best in the world........his record is unreal

And heres the only Liverpool fan I actually like!!!! :)

Everday Fedor runs away from him proves me that much more right. Nothing will stop it but Fedor nutting up and fighting in the ufc. Period. I dont think he can hang there and his record is padded. Other people like me think basically the same. Its not just Brock its pretty much all of the top UFC HW's would work him. If his fans dont like hearing it they should be sending him emails and phone calls to fight in the UFC. Not defending his padded **** record online.

Till he nuts up he wont shut us up and we will probably ensure his much padded record is tarnished. In the internet age it doesnt take much to mess up a reputation. He did it himself by ducking and his detractors have added many hundreds of pages all over the internet about him ducking. Fedor will never live down this ducking. Within another year or 2 he wont be on the top 5' date=' much less p4p. Watch and see.[/quote']

am with you on this one mate , i have been saying this for ages, fedor's record is a joke and he nearly got sparked by rogers.

fedor record is full of great names yes but all on the decline, the ufc's hw's might not have a record like his but most of them would smash him and everyone really knows it..........

The cavalry's here to help me!!!

Good old slapped meat :)

CHAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGE!!! lol, had a few mins and thought i'd pop by...was just watching the footy highlights of canada and the USA getting whipped in the world cup warm up matches lol. Bisping is good, pearson is good, daley is good, hardy is good...**** it all the english fighters are gooooooooood. I'm all patriotic at the min cos i just got my st georges cross flags for the car lol

Why are u attacking me with this, Im not a ufc **** and I dont drink Danas Kool Aid, u got the wrong guy on this 1 my friend. Im a fan of mma, I watch the strikeforce events and dont complain because its FREE. Im also a big Nick Diaz supporter and I want to see Joachim Hansen fight in the states.

CHAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGE!!! lol' date=' had a few mins and thought i'd pop by...was just watching the footy highlights of canada and the USA getting whipped in the world cup warm up matches lol. Bisping is good, pearson is good, daley is good, hardy is good...**** it all the english fighters are gooooooooood. I'm all patriotic at the min cos i just got my st georges cross flags for the car lol[/quote']

ye boooooy nearly world cup time and its time to smash the yanks lets have it....

CHAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGE!!!!! HA HA

Why are u attacking me with this' date=' Im not a ufc **** and I dont drink Danas Kool Aid, u got the wrong guy on this 1 my friend. Im a fan of mma, I watch the strikeforce events and dont complain because its FREE. Im also a big Nick Diaz supporter and I want to see Joachim Hansen fight in the states.[/quote']

im not attacking, im asking a question....everyone, inc you, said most of bispings wins have been against 'cans', i was simply asking in that case why is it the Ultimate FC? either the ufc is the Ufc or there are too many fighters that dont deserve to be there. Either way bisping is better than the children on here like to make out.

What you reckon' date=' 3? or 4.0? :)[/quote']

i'd go for 4-0 against them.....they said after they lost that they didnt play there big players for USA....donovan and ahh **** it i forgot that yank keepers name...you know the one lol. Big names...lol,.

Brazil FC = shogun (excellent)

England FC = BJ penn (can be great but sometimes get lazy and lose)

USA FC = Kimbo (big name and **** all else lol)

i would carry on comparing the different teams to fighters but i cant be arsed and im off to nottingham in a bit lol

What you reckon' date=' 3? or 4.0? :)[/quote']

reckon they will grab a goal but we will smash them no worries.........there used to rounders on steds and rugby for fannies lol

Yeah **** they are. PROFESSIONAL athletes are just that. Pros. This is how they pay their bills' date=' pay their alimony, send their kids to college and live their lives. The best want to make the most money. So they go where the money is.

Same as the best stock brokers chase the biggest commission and the best chefs work at the best restaurants. When someone spends their entire lives training for a career they expect to make the most money they can at it.

Anyone who thinks differently is borderline retarded Guess we know where YOU are.[/quote']

WHAT A F-CKING CLOWN-as your clearly a complete retard you dont understand what i was getting at.

so ur saying as the ufc fighters are the highest paid fighters-that means theyre the best in the world???hahahaha silly child go play in the road-and get off daddys pc

reckon they will grab a goal but we will smash them no worries.........there used to rounders on steds and rugby for fannies lol

lol....i can just see them asking for a break in the match every 20mins cos they cant keep up. 'Hey ref we need a time out' wah wah. i watched a bit of the match this morning...man they are **** lol. They had no defence at all...just players randomly dotted about. When they went forward they didnt know what to do lol. It will be a fun match to watch thats for sure.

im not attacking' date=' im asking a question....everyone, inc you, said most of bispings wins have been against 'cans', i was simply asking in that case why is it the Ultimate FC? either the ufc is the Ufc or there are too many fighters that dont deserve to be there. Either way bisping is better than the children on here like to make out.[/quote']

Thats because they have, its a fact, He got fed no names in the UK, come on man it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that he not all that he cracked up to be, the guy wins the worst decision in mma history he only has 2 decent enough wins on his resume against some what good competition. Another thing, why after all of his wins, Joe Rogan has to say something along the lines of the best performance in Bispings career. The guys not an elite fighter, great fighter nor even good fighter, hes just an ok fighter.

By the way, alot of ufc fighters are overhyped thanks to Rogan saying somebody has some of the best whatever in the sport and due to Dana hyping up the fights. Thats just how it is.