How many times will SHOGUN defend his title?

Irish_Carbomb

We all know that since Liddell was champion only one fighter (Machida) has defended the LHW belt more than once.....So the question is how many times will SHOGUN be able to defend?

I hope he breaks and sets records, hes not only my fav. fighter but athlete as well while MMA is my 3rd fav. sport. Hes not only a speacial fighter but a speacial person that deserves to do well.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 3 times. That'll give Anderson Silva enough time to finish up in the MW division.

Shogun defeats Rashad/Rampage (still can't choose)

Shogun defeats Machida (too soon for a rematch?)

Silva defeats Shogun (becomes holder of MW and LHW titles)

Dont see Silva beating him, Anderson isnt getting any younger and Shogun hasnt even hit his prime yet. If they ever fight which I dont think they will, I got Shogun by GNP or sub 4 the upset baby.

Dont see Silva beating him' date=' Anderson isnt getting any younger and Shogun hasnt even hit his prime yet. If they ever fight which I dont think they will, I got Shogun by GNP or sub 4 the upset baby.[/quote']

You think Silva has hit his prime? I disaggree

I think he would just destroy Shogun...

And i think Rampage would beat him too :)

You think Silva has hit his prime? I disaggree

I think he would just destroy Shogun...

And i think Rampage would beat him too :)

anderson silva is 35 so yeah he hit his prime ;)

and will rampage destroy him like he did the first time :rolleyes:

I see Shogun beating Rampage/Evans. Then i heard he wanted to fight Coture. He will beat Randy. I am not sure who will have the next title shot maybe Lil Nog or Machida by then....i think he will lose that match...Lil Nog/ Machida will be the next champ IMO

I see Shogun beating Rampage/Evans. Then i heard he wanted to fight Coture. He will beat Randy. I am not sure who will have the next title shot maybe Lil Nog or Machida by then....i think he will lose that match...Lil Nog/ Machida will be the next champ IMO

yeah ok shogun beat both lil nog and machida before and he will do the same again

yeah ok shogun beat both lil nog and machida before and he will do the same again

That doesn't mean anything Lil Nog almost finished him in their fight so why wouldn't he be able to beat him? IMO means in my opinion guy...Machida/ Lil Nog are the only ones in the division who stand a chance at winning.

That doesn't mean anything Lil Nog almost finished him in their fight so why wouldn't he be able to beat him? IMO means in my opinion guy...Machida/ Lil Nog are the only ones in the division who stand a chance at winning.

so the only ones in the div who stand a chance at beating shogun already lost to shogun ?! If this is the case then shogun already cleaned out the division

I like Shogun's chances against any of the top 10 LHW. He'd be a clear favourite against either Rampage or Evans. Then hopefully in the not too distant future we get the rematch of one of the greatest fights ever against Rogerio. Add Anderson to the mix and the 205 title fights look amazing.

so the only ones in the div who stand a chance at beating shogun already lost to shogun ?! If this is the case then shogun already cleaned out the division
would you rather me have said forrest griffin? lol i think we all know what would happen if they had a re-match...so yea i stand by my previous statement. Lil nog/Machida...unless Silva moves up...

p.s. if you didnt notice shogun lost to machida then beat him...

would you rather me have said forrest griffin? lol i think we all know what would happen if they had a re-match...so yea i stand by my previous statement. Lil nog/Machida...unless Silva moves up...

p.s. if you didnt notice shogun lost to machida then beat him...

no shogun beat machida then he knocked him out.

Shogun more or less brawled with Lyoto. I don't see a brawl with Rampage going that well for Shogun. Yeah, he beat him in pride thanks I know. But so did Wandy. That was a different time with different rules applying and possibly a different Rampage.

Also, many have said a good wrestler could cause Shogun issues. Evans (if he wins which I don't think he will) could cause some problems as could Couture.

Hell lets see what Jones does against Vlad and to his likely next top tear opponent.

I don't see Thiago Silva beating gun though although I do like Silva.

Further, A. Silva has a chance but i'd lean toward Shogun winning their match up.

So my answer would be he may defend it 1 time MAYBE but I don't see any more than that. Ofcourse I was wrong when I thought Machida would be there a while so who knows.

We all know that since Liddell was champion only one fighter (Machida) has defended the LHW belt more than once.....So the question is how many times will SHOGUN be able to defend?

forever , and i believe rampage has also defended his belt once. Shogun will retire a.silva ..

No one since Chuck has successfully defended more than once. Is Shogun the guy to do it? Maybe. I think he can beat either Rampage or Rashad. After that though, all depends on the challenger.

I'm going to say he will defend twice.

i doubt that shogun will beat rampage again....only time will tell

umm hello... leg kicks!

Shogun can throw good kicks. Rampage sucks at checking kicks. Shogun would beat Rampage easily unless rampage has vastly improved his game.

Yeah' date=' your opinion defies that of qualified judges...:rolleyes:

I've scored the fight over and over (i have 104 on DVD) and Machida won 3 rounds to 2 without question.[/quote']

who cares im not gonna even talk about that last fight ... hey did you see how machida got KTFO ? no ? well here it is :

244sig7.jpg

yeah right ! lol i only wish that shogun didn't stop punching machida until the ref stopped the fight ' date=' he could have gotten in at least 2 more punches ![/quote']

He can get all the punches he wants. Machida got caught. So have other fighters. Machida ftw. Lets just hope they feed Shogun to Forrest.

who cares im not gonna even talk about that last fight ... hey did you see how machida got KTFO ? no ? well here it is :

244sig7.jpg

Oh, I watched the figh tand Machida got his **** KO'd. There's no arguing that.

Just you shogun nutsuckers won't shut the **** up about the first fight and how you always say "He won the first two" when he lost by unanimous decision, b1t@#es.

I don't even dislike Shogun. I think he's awesome and he desrved his win in the rematch. He kicked ****. I just dislike annoying pricks like you that would suck his **** if you had the chance.

Oh' date=' I watched the figh tand Machida got his **** KO'd. There's no arguing that.

Just you shogun nutsuckers won't shut the **** up about the first fight and how you always say "He won the first two" when he lost by unanimous decision, b1t@#es.

[b']I don't even dislike Shogun. I think he's awesome and he desrved his win in the rematch. He kicked ****. I just dislike annoying pricks like you that would suck his **** if you had the chance[/b].

This..you really are blinded by Shoguns dangling sack.

hey' date=' shut the **** up. Machida takes the rematch.[/quote']

They already had a rematch and he took nothing but a nap, how would it look if he actually gets himself another re-rematch and shogun submits him or something, how would that make him look and u look? Machida cant beat Shogun period. Mauricio not only has his number but hes also the better fighter and he always was.

Archived