Someone who knows about muscle strains help

Alexx

My lower left leg is swollen and bruised in the back from the knee down and a little on the ankle. I get cramps every time i put too much weight on it. The swelling went down slightly since yesterday, but i also don't know why it's bruised.

At no time during sparring did i get kicked nor did i kick, but the night before i might have pulled a muscle at the beach. So, the bruising is a mystery to me. I iced it last night, but it still hurts like a btch. I looked on line and it says maybe i should go to the doctor. Anyone familiar with this injury?

Hard without a picture, but from the sound ofit, you probably strained it on the sand at the beach, and moving heavily on it may have worsened or made it evident that there is a strain now. The bruising sounds weird though for a strain, but its not unheard of.

Try using heat for 20 min then ice for 20 min. If you can't fix it within a couple days with that, then its probably tendons or something.

Take it easy for a couple days, and ice/heat 20/20.

Good luck

My lower left leg is swollen and bruised in the back from the knee down and a little on the ankle. I get cramps every time i put too much weight on it. The swelling went down slightly since yesterday' date=' but i also don't know why it's bruised.

At no time during sparring did i get kicked nor did i kick, but the night before i might have pulled a muscle at the beach. So, the bruising is a mystery to me. I iced it last night, but it still hurts like a btch. I looked on line and it says maybe i should go to the doctor. Anyone familiar with this injury?[/quote']

If its the back of your leg below the knee its obviously your gastrocnemeius.. (or calf muscle)

Pulling this isnt abnormal, especially is sand where the sand gives a bit putting more stress on your leg muscles.

The bruising worries me, and sounds as if your either have a deep muscle pull, or a slight tear. (i doubt the tear tho)

my question is can you walk on it?.. can you stretch it? and these cramps.. are they like charlie horse cramps, or are they just a shooting pain caused by the fact your muscle is damaged?.. (2 different pains)...

Goodluck,

~Jimmy

NYS Health Education board certified.

sounds like a tear to me......

should try get to a doctor if its bruised badly and swollen, and you havent been hit there or anything

but depends how bad the swelling bruising and pain is.... (i tore my achilles tendon and didnt go to the hospital for 2 days.... . . . . . . . . . . .. lol first tendon tear i experienced, didnt know what was going on.... same thing when i tore my biceps, but that didnt hurt nearly as much...)

sounds like a tear to me......

should try get to a doctor if its bruised badly and swollen' date=' and you havent been hit there or anything

but depends how bad the swelling bruising and pain is.... (i tore my achilles tendon and didnt go to the hospital for 2 days.... . . . . . . . . . . .. lol first tendon tear i experienced, didnt know what was going on.... same thing when i tore my biceps, but that didnt hurt nearly as much...)[/quote']

That's because you tore your bicep doing leg press.:confused: Still amazes me to this day by the way.

Archived