Who else wants to see T.Silva vs Shogun

NightMare1993

i would like to see that fight...thiago would give shogun a hard time.....especially with shogun unconscious

Oh you mean like when machida was unconscious ?? oh i sure wish that shogun didn't stop punching machida till the ref stopped it ! he could have landed at least 2 extra punches

I think that this fight would be extremly good and i can honestly see Silva winning by (T)ko this for the fact that he hits really hard and I dont see Shogun trying to take this fight to the ground.

with that being said who doe you think would win it and how

Who do I "know" would win it. Shogun easy. This fight would be like a replica of Griffin Vs. Silva... Shogun would KO him easy.

Saying shogun would ko thiago easy is ridiculous! yes shogun would win but easily winning by ko is a bit over the top. I'm a fan of both these guys but thiago is coming off a loss & he has some work to do before he has earnt a title shot.

Why is a Shogun KO over the top? Machida knocked out Silva, and dude has pillow hands. Shogun hits much harder I'd say, and would probably knock Thiago clean out.....

nah i seriously think t.silvas aggresive style will give shogun trouble...

Shogun has faught and beaten many aggresive fighters. Besides Shogun is an aggresive fighter himself Thiago's got nothing on Shogun...and Thiago's gotta get some W's before he even gets a title shot....What I would like to see is lil nog vs Thiago then Shogun vs Lil Nog II

People are writing Thiago off.... is it because rashad layed on him for 3 rounds? Is it because he still almost finished rashad off with herniated discs in his back? He has heavy hands and a black belt in BJJ.

Your only as good as your last fight huh? That's why everybody is convinced shogun would win.

People are writing Thiago off.... is it because rashad layed on him for 3 rounds? Is it because he still almost finished rashad off with herniated discs in his back? He has heavy hands and a black belt in BJJ.

Your only as good as your last fight huh? That's why everybody is convinced shogun would win.

Silva had some big wins, but needs to step up against the better competition. And Shogun is better competition. I don't think he's well rounded, or hungry enough to take on a healthy, champion Shogun. But, it is MMA, and anything can happen.

Silva had some big wins' date=' but needs to step up against the better competition. And Shogun is better competition. I don't think he's well rounded, or hungry enough to take on a healthy, champion Shogun. But, it is MMA, and anything can happen.[/quote']

Yeah your probably right. I wrote that in response to the people saying Shogun by Murder. I'm as impressed with Shogun as the next guy, I just think people underestimate Thiago. Plus I like the guy, he always brings it and is extremely confident. I think this would be a good fight, Shogun probably has the edge though.

Oh you mean like when machida was unconscious ?? oh i sure wish that shogun didn't stop punching machida till the ref stopped it ! he could have landed at least 2 extra punches

I'm glad he never.It shows what a class act and true champ he is.Honourable.

I think that this fight would be extremly good and i can honestly see Silva winning by (T)ko this for the fact that he hits really hard and I dont see Shogun trying to take this fight to the ground.

Ahhh no, Silva wouldn't win this fight. Yeah he hits hard, but so does Shogun. Rua also has a granite chin and way more tools than Thiago. This would be a very one sided fight IMO.

Shogun just outclasses the guy in every area. He's the better striker, has just as much power, the FAR better clinch, and his ground game is the best in the division

Easy win IMO

ok guys hear is is Shogun KO vs Machida...... Machida KO against Rashad and Thiago .... Rashad desicisive Victory over Thiago

Thiago is a tough guy but i wouldnt hes about a 7 or 8 in the rankings right now, possible if he could win his next couple fights but i see him more as a gatekeeper now

would love too see thiago vs jones!

Yeah your probably right. I wrote that in response to the people saying Shogun by Murder. I'm as impressed with Shogun as the next guy' date=' I just think people underestimate Thiago. Plus I like the guy, he always brings it and is extremely confident. I think this would be a good fight, Shogun probably has the edge though.[/quote']

No doubt. Thiago has big power.....and Shogun has a phenomenal chin. Would definitely be a matchup I'd like to see, but I don't think Thiago has earned a shot at any title holder....needs a big win over somebody (maybe a Machida rematch) before moving up.

Either way, as you said.....to guarantee murder is outlandish.

I dont know why Thiago is getting such high praise I think he is a bit overrated. Outside of Keith Jardine and Tomas Drwal he hasnt beaten anyone really good. And even those two are just good. They arent top fighters or anything.

He is good and exiting fighter but I dont see him beating any of the top 5 guys. Sure its MMA and anything can happen but I just dont see it that likely. I rank Thiago as slightly above or a really good gatekeeper. Thiago is in about the same boat as Cane for me. I think that those two should actually fight.

nah i seriously think t.silvas aggresive style will give shogun trouble...

What? Have u not seen any of Shoguns pride fights? there litteraly none stop action thanks to shogun lol. Mauricio has only been knocked down 1 time in his entire career while being 1 of the most aggresive fighters in mma history.

This wouldnt even be fair 4 T. Silva, the guys a badd man but his most crediable wins has come 4rm the dean of mean and Houston Alexander. Sorry to say it but T. Silva is overhyped and overrated. Thiago doesnt stand a chance against Shogun. Rua is better in everything Silva is even good at. If this fight ever goes down, I think it would look a lot like Shogun V Arona but in the ufc.

Im convinced because i dont see a single place Thiago could take this fight and have the edge, His bread and butter is BJJ and MT which is what Shogun has been training since he was the age of 6 & 7 for gods sake.

Shogun is the more technical striker by a country mile, The better MT practitioner and would dominate if it hits the ground let alone the experience advantage.

I repeat, Shogun by murder. Give me one solid piece of evidence to the contrary other then the normal "Hes got KO power" which means nothing considering we've only seen him knockout Jardine and Houston Alexander or "Hes got a BJJ Black belt" which we are yet to see him use at all.

Oh and this is coming from a Thiago Silva fan but Shogun is a better, faster, more experienced and technical version of Thiago.

they are good friends so i dont think they would fight each other. Shogun would win but thiago would give him more troubles than 95% of LHW fighters could.

Shogun has stated he would be more then happy to fight Anderson Silva, And last time i checked they werent exactly friends as more they have trained together in the past.

Maybe your thinking of the whole Anderson Silva/Lyoto Machida butt buddy thing because the only person Shogun has ever refused to fight was Wanderlei Silva and thats because of the Chute Box family.

Im convinced because i dont see a single place Thiago could take this fight and have the edge' date=' His bread and butter is BJJ and MT which is what Shogun has been training since he was the age of 6 & 7 for gods sake.

Shogun is the more technical striker by a country mile, The better MT practitioner and would dominate if it hits the ground let alone the experience advantage.

I repeat, Shogun by murder. Give me one solid piece of evidence to the contrary other then the normal "Hes got KO power" which means nothing considering we've only seen him knockout Jardine and Houston Alexander or "Hes got a BJJ Black belt" which we are yet to see him use at all.

Oh and this is coming from a Thiago Silva fan but Shogun is a better, faster, more experienced and technical version of Thiago.[/quote']

I don't know how you can be so convinced one guy is going to win in an MMA bout between two top level fighters. Your biased and people can see it from a mile away. I never said Thiago would win... what I said was this would be a great fight and I would love to see it. People talk like Thiago isn't worthy to even fight Shogun.

Thiago is a monster, a guy with a real killer instinct. So is shogun though, but he didn't start at 6 or 7. That was a mistake by a pride announcer. He actually started around 15, that's from his own mouth. Not like that even matters because we know he is nasty. Both guys are BJJ black belts and both are aggressive strikers. In my mind it's anybody's fight with Shogun having a slight edge. You say we havent seen any BJJ from Thiago, well Shogun has been submitted twice (just saying).

Thiago only real loss IMO was to Machida and that was before Machida had been figured out by Shogun. The Evans bout he shouldn't have taken because he was severely injured, but manned up because the card had been trashed due to injury. He still almost put Evans away in the 3rd round.

Beating Thiago is no easy task. Who would I have money on if they fought? Shogun, but this IMO would be fireworks. Thiago doesn't deserve it yet because he's coming off a loss, but I would love to see this fight. Most likely will happen after Shogun loses the title, because I don't think he will hold it long. We will see though.

Honestly I think Silva showed how skilled he is in his last fight.

I believe it was what? 3 shots that Rashad landed on the ground? Pathetic.

Plus Rashad, who is also a black belt and a very skilled and experienced wrestler, couldn't hold Thiago down, even with the herniated discs.

Shogun would destroy T Silva. Shogun has better stand up then Silva. Shgoun has better BJJ then Silva. Thiago is a hard hitter but so is Rampage and Lil Nog and we all know what happened when Shogun faught them...

Lil Nog dropped him?

how can i explain this... hmm... lets see...

SHOGUN >Silva

You have got to be kidding.

Check their records and try again, I see no reason to embarrass T. Silva like that.

Maybe he should start winning again first

Archived