Nick Diaz Talks Strikeforce Brawl, Says They Were Attacked

Nick Diaz gives his thoughts on the Strikeforce brawl that occured on CBS between Team Cesar Gracie and Jason Miller:

"I'm the last person who wants to take a punch from somebody. I don't know who was out there that wants to hit me. All I know is this guy [Jason Miller], Gilbert pushes him back and then he runs at all of us and we're fighting now."

"You want me to be the victim here and let my boy get punched or me?"

Brother Nate Diaz also speaks on the incident:

"As far as I was concerned, we weren't jumping him [Jason Miller]. You got in my boys face and we're fighting you. You shouldn't have done that. "

"It's not my fault his boys weren't helping him or weren't with him. He should have known better and whoever don't like it, that's their bad. What the hell would they do?"

At least suck it up, be men, and say, hey we f#cked up and may have went overboard. Instead they try to act hard, like this is a street fight. I propose a fight where the Diaz's and Miller get teams of five put together for a all out street fight in cage but without weapons. You can only win by submission, KO, or death. If you lose your gone. A LOSER LEAVES HOME MATCH. Pro wrestling style.

at least suck it up' date=' be men, and say, hey we f#cked up and may have went overboard. Instead they try to act hard, like this is a street fight. I propose a fight where the diaz's and miller get teams of five put together for a all out street fight in cage but without weapons. You can only win by submission, ko, or death. If you lose your gone. A loser leaves home match. Pro wrestling style.[/quote']

haha that would be tight. Kinda like tap in and out, or, like... Everybody is in there at once lol?

Either way it would be tight, but in the end, they did go overboard, but, they weren't in a sanctioned fight either...

Either way it wasn't the "right" thing to do, but if i were in their shoes with my brother and my best friend, i think the same exact thing would've happened. We've done many similar things. Just not in the cage to disrespect the sport?

First off Miller was probably wrong for going in there at that moment. But I really think his intentions were sincere and he didn't mean for all hell breaking loose. The situation is wrong in the cage as a professional. Now with that said if that happens in the street then game on. You better kiss your a## goodbye. Right after the brawl I told my buddy how wrong it was and his exact statement was you would and have done the same thing and my response was, well that doesn'tt make it right. Verdict - In cage as professional-WRONG. In a street fight-LET THEM FLY. Unless you are attacked in the cage nad have no option, then game on.

first off miller was probably wrong for going in there at that moment. But i really think his intentions were sincere and he didn't mean for all hell breaking loose. The situation is wrong in the cage as a professional. Now with that said if that happens in the street then game on. You better kiss your a## goodbye. Right after the brawl i told my buddy how wrong it was and his exact statement was you would and have done the same thing and my response was' date=' well that doesn'tt make it right. Verdict - in cage as professional-wrong. In a street fight-let them fly. Unless you are attacked in the cage nad have no option, then game on.[/quote']

haha exactly man. I can't say that they are grusome or anything... I have done the same thing for running up on me and a couple friends.

I've also run up to a guy who was with like 6 friends in front of my house talkin bs. I hit him and mounted him thinking that his friends wouldn't jump me before my boys got into it.

To my surprise, i got soccer kicked in the face, and none of my boys came to get my back lol. So i got stomped on my face for about a minute before getting to my feet.

Needless to say, i stopped assuming friends have your back. I've been jumped several times and never had any frineds jump in for my help lol.

Like you say- in the cage=no go.... The streets=do what you do, but watch your own a$$ lmfao

it's funny how loyalty can be a one way street even between friends.

ya pretty crazy man. I mean i never thought that the time i mentioned would've went untouched by 2 friends and my little brother, but they all claimed they didn't see it cuz they were rolling on x and couldn't see?

I just no longer rely on friends even if there's more than one person in my face. Of course, i still have theirs, but i just don't count on people being the same as me.

I have one friend that i trust now to jump in even if the #'s aren't fare.

Archived