Wanderlei Silva Talks Yoshihiro Akiyami, Wants To Fight 6 More Years

SuperDan1406051816

Wanderlei Silva has his next challenge at middleweight when he fights Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 116 and the former Pride Champion and MMA Legend talks about the upcoming bout and also lets everyone know that he isn't going anywhere anytime soon:

?Professor Rafael Cordeiro will coordinate and give directions to the sparrings to do the way it has to be done (trainings). Akiyama is tough, a good guy who has been an athlete throughout his life. He does well on the ground and is very strong. It?s going to be a very interesting fight, a great one for me because he?s a guy who fights and open the game, not a man who runs. I believe it?ll be a big show. I want to fight for more six years, at least until forty?s. This change of category was good. I had to re-educate myself on food matter and I?m feeling very well?.

i hope wanda not only becomes as dominat as he use to be but' date=' sticks around another 10 yrs, the guys a loveable fighter, who else doesnt care what the guys strenght is, his plan is to try to knock you the fugg out!?.. thats what im talking bout wanda FTW[/quote']

I agree. Wandi is one of my favorite fighters all time. He's a fan favorite becuase he doesn't care about money or fame. He just wants to go out and and give a show for the fans and just loves fighting. Sadly that kind of heart in Wandi, Liddell, Griffin, and Couture is starting to leave the UFC.

The only thing Wandy ever says after a fight is along the lines of fighting his heart out and giving the fans a good show. While there are plenty of fighters who say that, mma fans know who truly means it from the looks of their performance. Wandy is one of those guys, and for that he will always get the respect he deserves. WAR WAND.

Archived