Shogun will be back soon after surgury

xImportantThreadsx

According to reports, UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua is expected to return to training in "a couple of months" after undergoing knee surgery.

"I spoke with (Shogun just) now and he said the surgery was a success," Andre Amade, Shogun's coach told Sherdog.com. "He's very happy and very excited because recovery will be faster than expected. I don't know exactly what type of surgery it was, but his recovery will be faster than the other times.

"Shogun called me very happy with this news. In a couple of months he will be back in training."

Amade stated the UFC assisted Shogun in finding a top physician to perform the undisclosed procedure, which took place at some point after his May 8th rematch with Lyoto Machida at UFC 113.

UFC president Dana White confirmed last week that his freshly minted 205-pound champ had surgery to repair his knee, however neither he nor Amade would confirm if Shogun had the same left wheel scoped for a third time, or if the procedure was to fix a new injury on his right knee.

you dont think evans will go to the ground with shogun?? hes gonna shoot in every chance he gets lol

i agree 100% if rashad didnt want to stand with rampage there is no chance in hell hes going to want to stand with shogun. face it rashad doesnt want to stand up anymore, machida scared him. this fight may very well be the end of rashad evans.

you dont think evans will go to the ground with shogun?? hes gonna shoot in every chance he gets lol

Well, let me rephrase that, of course he will..but once he gets there, what can he really offer Shogun? I don't see a way for Evans to beat him.

Well' date=' let me rephrase that, of course he will..but once he gets there, what can he really offer Shogun? I don't see a way for Evans to beat him.[/quote']

you dont see a way for evans to beat him because there is no way that rashad can. dana might aswell call the winner right now to be shogun. im being sarcastic of course but i really dont see rashad winning this. unless he can keep control of shogun (doubt it) and wait it out.

you dont see a way for evans to beat him because there is no way that rashad can. dana might aswell call the winner right now to be shogun. im being sarcastic of course but i really dont see rashad winning this. unless he can keep control of shogun (doubt it) and wait it out.

That's what I'm saying and what I meant, he will want to take him down, but will either be swept or submitted..and than he will rethink his game-plan..

That's what I'm saying and what I meant' date=' he will want to take him down, but will either be swept or submitted..and than he will rethink his game-plan..[/quote']

ya that makes sense. i cant wait to see this fight now. i see shogun destroying evans, itll be a worse knockout then when he was KOd by machida. hopefully its one of those stiffend outcold knockouts.

you cant stuff a takedown with a weak knee

i think ur new...shogun never had a good take down defense but if you were old enough you would know everyone who takes shogun down gets in a lot of trouble or cant keep him down long enough, he gets right back up without taking much damage...shoguns jiujitsu is the most underated in the sport and has unique subs. ask randleman...a beast wrestler.

According to reports' date=' UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua is expected to return to training in "a couple of months" after undergoing knee surgery.

"I spoke with (Shogun just) now and he said the surgery was a success," Andre Amade, Shogun's coach told Sherdog.com. "He's very happy and very excited because recovery will be faster than expected. I don't know exactly what type of surgery it was, but his recovery will be faster than the other times.

"Shogun called me very happy with this news. In a couple of months he will be back in training."

Amade stated the UFC assisted Shogun in finding a top physician to perform the undisclosed procedure, which took place at some point after his May 8th rematch with Lyoto Machida at UFC 113.

UFC president Dana White confirmed last week that his freshly minted 205-pound champ had surgery to repair his knee, however neither he nor Amade would confirm if Shogun had the same left wheel scoped for a third time, or if the procedure was to fix a new injury on his right knee.[/quote']

Hmm pre Rashad/ Rampage fight, his knee is fine. Post Rampage/Rashad fight he needs surgery and time..... who kicked his **** between then and now?????

Just ducking Rashad. It wont help.

Well' date=' let me rephrase that, of course he will..but once he gets there, what can he really offer Shogun? I don't see a way for Evans to beat him.[/quote']

Stick forehead on chest, hug very close, attempt no subs, attempt no GnP, win by points control round for round. With no offense there is no separation for BJJ to do anything. If the Refs actually do their job and stand it up Rashad will just take him back down and repeat.

I see no way for Rua to win this fight. Thats why he is faking an injury.

Archived