Why Do People Say Rashad has a Bad Chin?

ShanePatrick

Machida just seems like the kind of guy that has really unpowerful hands. I mean, he landed some cleans shots to Rashad that would of been KO's if thrown by most of the LHW class.

I'm not saying Machida is bad...Just seems weak. And if you get KO'd by a weak puncher, you have a paper jaw.

Machida just seems like the kind of guy that has really unpowerful hands. I mean' date=' he landed some cleans shots to Rashad that would of been KO's if thrown by most of the LHW class.

I'm not saying Machida is bad...Just seems weak. And if you get KO'd by a weak puncher, you have a paper jaw.[/quote']

Yes, but that was also after Machida landed some vicious leg kicks. It's not like Machida KO'd him fresh... I think just about anyone would be almost done after taking all those huge kicks to the body.

When he's only been KO'd one time' date=' and it was against someone that was undefeated. From that fight, it seemed like kicks to the body were his main weakpoint to me.[/quote']

If someone gets knocked out once, everyone will say "Glass Jaw". I don't agree, but that seems to be public opinion. I personally don't think he has a glass jaw. I think he got knocked out because Machida worked into it. He got rocked by Thiago, because Thiago is a great striker. All that being said, he doesn't have a great chin, but it's not bad. If Rampage connects, Rashad will be out.

Go watch the fight with Machida again.

He got knocked out because he was talking ****.

Back when he was ****y.

Good to see he got humbled a bit after losing the belt.

no he got KO because he wasn't able to take the punches...he started talking **** because he knew he had nothing on Machida...

Rampage couldn't finish Griffin when he nailed him and Rashad ground and pounded his head in. He also didn't knockout Liddell, out cold I mean. Even with a buch of shots on the ground. Rashad did. I don't get Rampage knocking out Silva, especially after taking some heavy shots that would have killed anyone else from Liddell. Makes me wonder if he was taking something or his will to not go down was just incredible.

rashad has an ok chin in my opinion...in the machida fight he took more than just one punch but the last one he went to sleep bad....t.silva rocked him pretty good....someone with more power than machida that can land as much as machida did will ko him no doubt about it....

When he's only been KO'd one time' date=' and it was against someone that was undefeated. From that fight, it seemed like kicks to the body were his main weakpoint to me.[/quote']

Although I agree, I feel like being a fart and calling your bluff. :P Rashad was also undefeated at the time. :P

his chin might be fine but his legs arent lol

*chuckle*

Look man..that was a HUGE shot...one that would have put alot of guys down and out. Yeah Rashad wasn't okay after it landed...but he survived...and end of the day...when a grown man...not to mention a pro fighter touches your chin....you feel it..no matter who you are.

Cheers

-DR

The reality is that Rashad is going to be locked in a cage on saturday for 15 minutes with the hardest hitting opponent he has ever faced. During that 15 minutes Rampage is going to hit him in the face and likely land that shot. How Rashad reacts will determine how weak his chin is. One thing I noticed is that a determined Rampage is dangerous. Just ask Wandy and Chuck. If that guy shows up Rashad is screwed. If the Rampage that fought Jardine and Forrest shows up, its any easy desicion win for Rashad.

I hope Rampage knocks him out but i don't think it's gonna happen.He will catch Rashad but i don't think he will put him away.

Rashad's chin in my opinion is fine, Thiago Silva would of knocked out alot of guy's with the strikes he landed on Evans.

Oh well, we will have to wait and see! anybody else so ****ing pumped up for this fight?

I hope Rampage knocks him out but i don't think it's gonna happen.He will catch Rashad but i don't think he will put him away.

Rashad's chin in my opinion is fine' date=' Thiago Silva would of knocked out alot of guy's with the strikes he landed on Evans.[/font']

Oh well, we will have to wait and see! anybody else so ****ing pumped up for this fight?

My thoughts exactly.

Dont matter how good or bad rashads chin is... The only way rampage has had the fight called is when he is unconcious on the mat.. When wandy kneed him he was getting up every time pressing forward... It could be the terminator with the steel face in there on saturday and he will still get ko'd by rampage thats how serious he looked yesterday

After the stanky leg and Thiago rocking him I can see why people think he might have a not so great chin. I was thinking that myself. But, then I watched his TUF finale against Brad Imes again last night and here is a 260lb guy landing some clean shots on Rashad and didn't KO him.

When it comes to LHW and HW, really when guys this big land on the button, pretty much anyone is going to get rocked.

Can Rampage KO him? Sure, Rampage landing flush could KO pretty much anyone and I won't be overly shocked if it happened. I also wouldn't be overly shocked if Rashad landed clean and KO'd Rampage or pounded him out on the ground. Rashad has some pretty nice KO's to his credit as well.

Archived