Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans

brewster

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All i know is, Rampage better win.... he needs to save face with ufc, with the fans,and with the mma world imo. I do think this is a very good fight for Rampage, Sugars chin is questionable if you can touch it, also imo. But i give alot of props to Rashad and i agree it will not be an easy night for Rampage both of these guys have run those mouths and invested alot of pride in this thing. with that being said Rampage 3rd round stoppage....TKO.

Here is what I am hoping happens. Rashad takes Rampage down in the beginning of tne 2nd and works in his guard for awhile. Rampage rolls it over and works in Rashad's guard. Rashad goes for a triangle with his "BJ Black Belt". Rampage picks Rashad up until the top of his head is pointing at the ceiling and then slams him so hard on the canvas that his body goes limp and Rampage is declared the winner.

Rashad via decision.

Watch the primetime stuff again guys. Rampage clearly says in the last episode that "it's hard on his family when he's in England for 6-8 weeks" and that he came in at 250lbs+.

That means 2 things, A, he didn't exactly keep in tip top shape while he wasn't fighting, and B, regardless of how hard he has trained, 2months wont cure over a years worth of ring rust. Especially when he is only apparently doing basic workouts. As Rashad's trainer said "Thats how you used to train 10 years ago".

Rashad proved in his last fight that he wont get drawn away from his gameplan(Silva dropping his hands and sticking out chin in the 3rd round and such), and regardless of how good 'page's "Wrastlin'" USED to be, he isn't training with top people anymore. Rashad practices with Carwin.

'Page has a punchers chance in this fight. I don't see him having anything more than that.

I see Rashad working the leg kicks and keeping a distance while standing then when the opportunity presents itself go for the takedown. Rampage is not comfortable off his back as seen in the forrest fight and he'll get his body worked early and often. If Page hasn't landed that shot by the third round, I don't see how he can win as he'll be extremely gassed by the pace Rashad sets.

Rashad by Unanimous Decision

Rampage by KO..... Rashad's only chance is to ground and smother Jackson for 3 rounds.

Although i think this will be a good portion of his gameplan i see Rampage getting the knock-out.

The thing is - is that it's practically impossible to land a clean hook or uppercut while on your back. If Rashad can wrestle with Carwin then Page shouldn't be a problem.

With that said, there's very, very few people in the world that can absorb a clean shot from Rampage

The thing is - is that it's practically impossible to land a clean hook or uppercut while on your back. If Rashad can wrestle with Carwin then Page shouldn't be a problem.

With that said' date=' there's very, very few people in the world that can absorb a clean shot from Rampage[/quote']

I hear ya mate, but that's assuming Rashad can keep rampage down.

Rampage has fought and beaten GREAT wrestlers.

Yes Carwin would be a great training partner but what can Rashad really do to Carwin.

Carwin could'would squash Evan's into oblivion on a whim, so don't look into that as a big thing.

Just as it would be "practically impossible" as u put it for rampage on his back, the same applies to Rashad if/when he gets KTFO.

A fit and mentally healthy Rampage wins this all day long for me, and it appears he

is in that category.

lol what are you on bro ? :P

Happiness!

Rampage KO' date=' no if, ands, or buts[/quote']

Until he loses. :P ^

You all watch! Rashad will take him down, get him up against the cage, posture up, and hammer him until he's either senseless or completely out cold.

Happiness!

Until he loses. :P ^

You all watch! Rashad will take him down' date=' get him up against the cage, posture up, and hammer him until he's either senseless or completely out cold.[/quote']

you do realize Rampage has three TKO/KOs, all of them consisting of over 10 knees to the face and soccer kicks. Rashad simply does not have that power.

Rashad will not be able to control rampage on the ground IF he gets him there, and while they're standing rampage is gonna pound his face in. The only chance for rashad is survive the early storm and outpoint him striking (kicks and such) and avoid rampage bombs.

you do realize Rampage has three TKO/KOs' date=' all of them consisting of over 10 knees to the face and soccer kicks. Rashad simply does not have that power.[/quote']

Oh no? Nobody can handle getting repeatedly smashed in the face, and Rashad KTFO'ed Chuck Liddell way harder than Rampage did.

I am NOT about to go into another arguement.. Either I'm right, or your right, but neither of us will know for sure until the fight is over.

Oh no? Nobody can handle getting repeatedly smashed in the face' date=' and Rashad KTFO'ed Chuck Liddell way harder than Rampage did.

I am NOT about to go into another arguement.. Either I'm right, or your right, but neither of us will know for sure until the fight is over.[/quote']

i'm just saying Rashad doesn't have big big power, and it doesn't help when your arguement when Rampage has an extremely solid chin.

i'm just saying Rashad doesn't have big big power' date=' and it doesn't help when your arguement when Rampage has an extremely solid chin.[/quote']

Rampage has been destroyed by the onslaught of Shogun because he smashed him a bunch of times, and Rashad is able to do the same with his superior wrestling... Well anyways, without any further talk, may the best man win.

interesting fight. I think the key to success for Rampage will be the jab, and of course, his great use of the over under game to avoid take downs. The problem for Rampage in this fight is that his primary power punch is a hook from either hand. Rashad actually has good head movement although pathetic footwork, but he does keep his hands up. He also has really long arms. this gives him a wide guard making him more succeptible to the straights up the middle through his hands than the power hooks.

On the flip side, Rashad has faster hands than Rampage but he really doesn't the same class of boxing. Rampage is defensively sound. Rashad also can't exploit him with kicks because he doesn't really have any, that I've seen, anyways. Leg kicks, I mean. it's interesting because it could go many ways. How will the over aggression play out and who will it help or hurt? Will Evans be able to get going faster than he usually does? Will Rampage use all of his tools instead of just standing there and boxing? it's impossible to properly call this fight beforehand because there are so many factors. I am goign to say that Rampage wins, but in a sloppy decision, because he won't land the big one but Rashad won't be able to take him down either and I see Rampage winning with the jab if he uses it properly because it will score. If no, Evans might beat him. I will likely be way off on this one though because like i said, there are too many factors.

I'm interested in what Rashad's gameplan will be. Will he shoot for the takedown and do the lay and pray like he did against Thiago Silva, or will he want to clash with Rampage on the standup? While the former is a better strategy on paper, ego might dictate the latter.

Oh no? Nobody can handle getting repeatedly smashed in the face' date=' and Rashad KTFO'ed Chuck Liddell way harder than Rampage did.

I am NOT about to go into another arguement.. Either I'm right, or your right, but neither of us will know for sure until the fight is over.[/quote']

u must remember , he lost round 1 to chuck ..

Archived