Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway

brewster

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully Hathaway can beat up the "Yes Man" but' date=' Diego is a wrestler and Hathaway is a Brit so we know what that means, no offense btw.[/quote']

Hathaway is one of the best British wrestlers, and is good at maintaining control on the ground. I can see Sanchez winning, but it won't be the walkover people are expecting.

Hopefully Hathaway can beat up the "Yes Man" but' date=' Diego is a wrestler and Hathaway is a Brit so we know what that means, no offense btw.[/quote']

You've never seen Hathaway fight have you? Wrestling is his bread and butter. If anything, I'd say that Diego has the edge on the feet and probably won't want to go to ground with John.

diego is going to go for broke after that bad loss. I expect the best and baddest diego that's ever been in the octagon. with that said hathaway is no cake walk and has everything to gain in this fight.

People people You have mistaken Hathaway as a mug and a mug he certainly is not and by the end of three hard brutal rounds Mr Yes will be saying no more welterweight fights for me

WAR JOHN BOY

^^^Doesn't surprise me...lol.I want Dirty Sanchez to win.I like Diego a lot.I haven't seen Hathaway fight(If I did it wasn't memorable).That said.I'm just rooting for Sanchez... :)

I see deigo standing with hathaway in the first..if he dont get The KO or TKO in the first i bet he goes for that TD in the second and 3rd and finishes it TKO GNP...Hathaway is good but inexperience will cost him this fight...deigo only loses against the best...KOS, Fitch, BJ, and sorry to say hathaway isnt in their league..

I see deigo standing with hathaway in the first..if he dont get The KO or TKO in the first i bet he goes for that TD in the second and 3rd and finishes it TKO GNP...Hathaway is good but inexperience will cost him this fight...deigo only loses against the best...KOS' date=' Fitch, BJ,[/b'] and sorry to say hathaway isnt in their league..

agreed. diego is a competitor.

Hathaway is one of the best British wrestlers' date=' and is good at maintaining control on the ground. I can see Sanchez winning, but it won't be the walkover people are expecting.[/quote']

He's one of the best British wrestlers. That means he can wrestle with one of our 14 year olds just before all the high school training. Too bad he isn't fighting a 14 year old.

He's one of the best British wrestlers. That means he can wrestle with one of our 14 year olds just before all the high school training. Too bad he isn't fighting a 14 year old.

It appears that you aren't really aware of what Hathaway can do. You have an entire nation that ignores football, but have still found enough players to send a team to the world cup. Britain is a nation without a national wrestling pedigree, but that doesn't mean we have no wrestlers at all.

Remember. Canada is a country without a big wrestling culture, yet its still produced one of the best wrestlers in MMA history.

Hathaway knows how to wrestle. Mark my words.

Remember. Canada is a country without a big wrestling culture' date=' yet its still produced one of the best wrestlers in MMA history.

Hathaway knows how to wrestle. Mark my words.[/quote']

I guess we'll find out. Remember that Hardy and Daley also talked about how much they had worked on TD defense. Hathaway is gonna get smothered.

I guess we'll find out. Remember that Hardy and Daley also talked about how much they had worked on TD defense. Hathaway is gonna get smothered.

The difference is that Hathaway is a wrestler by trade. That's always been the strongest aspect of his game. Hardy and Daley were both self confessed strikers with no ground game, who had to work to develop takedown and submission defence.

The difference is that Hathaway is a wrestler by trade. That's always been the strongest aspect of his game. Hardy and Daley were both self confessed strikers with no ground game' date=' who had to work to develop takedown and submission defence.[/quote']

Hathaway could be a wrestler by trade, but Sanchez learned his gaidojitsu [spelling) from Greg Jackson and everyone knows how dominant those wrestlers can be.

Hathaway could be a wrestler by trade' date=' but Sanchez learned his gaidojitsu [spelling) from Greg Jackson and everyone knows how dominant those wrestlers can be.[/quote']

But we've seen many occasions where Diego has attempted to take fighters down and take them out via GnP, but most of the time he's unable to hold guys down (see guys like Guida, Parisyan, Stevenson).

Archived