Sign in to follow this  
brewster

Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway

Sanchez looked like ****! I expected way more of a bangin' out of him.. he gets beat the hell up by BJ and now he can't seem to get it figured out! When he went back up he gained wait and lost speed.. that sure would have helped tonight! That's 2 loss in a row now.. what will his future hold in the UFC?

C'mon johnny!

This..This,,,this,,, and this!!! I cant believe he pulled it off...who would of thought a rugger bugger ey?

well done son!!! made my 114!!!

Every1 is gunna say how bad and downhilll Diego has become...he is still a force and u cant take anything away from HITMAN he was awesome

Hitman v Fitch?

You guys notice that the knee + punches did way more damage than the punch that dropped cain and the one or two that hit him on the ground, but they stopped cain?

Meh. Early stoppage I say.

Impressive stuff. Sanchez really needs to move back down to LW. He is way too small/short to compete at WW.

No.. he was just shellshocked by the straight right and the knee of course...John is gunna be huge....22 years old man!!!!

im pissed.. i can't believe diego looked like crap in this fight.. i was expecting alot more from him.. well still no one has been able to knock him out/finish him.

Wow. . Diego was slow, sloppy and simply overpowered and undersized vs. Hathaway. Hitman showed some real potential I just hope they dont throw him to the lions in his next fight, I still dont think hes ready. Good, but not ready.

im pissed.. i can't believe diego looked like crap in this fight.. i was expecting alot more from him.. well still no one has been able to knock him out/finish him.

Give Hathaway credit, he looked awesome!

Bring on GSP :)

WAY too early.

He looks like he has a very promising future. But I'd like to see him going through some other WWs first for some look and feel :-)

I don't know if you can judge from his TDD this evening, casue Diegos TDs are not on par (not even close) with GSPs.

I want to see him fight Kos, Alves and Fitch to start with.

Give Hathaway credit' date=' he looked awesome![/quote']

yea i do.. he looked fresh and was aggressive most of the time. hes reach advantage was the key. diego is still my fav.

You guys notice that the knee + punches did way more damage than the punch that dropped cain and the one or two that hit him on the ground' date=' but they stopped cain?

Meh. Early stoppage I say.[/quote']

sorry but, what on earth are you talking about?

wrong thread sunshine, hathaway outclassed the TUF winner tonight

x

im shocked by that performance, sometimes you just dont recover from a huge loss, like tyson never really recovered from losing to buster douglas.

you can handle losing decisions but the way BJ beat diego uip he may never really recover from it, or maybe he needs a few more fights with with the weight back on.

i think his next fight will determin his future, maybe diego v hardy

im shocked by that performance' date=' sometimes you just dont recover from a huge loss, like tyson never really recovered from losing to buster douglas.

you can handle losing decisions but the way BJ beat diego uip he may never really recover from it, or maybe he needs a few more fights with with the weight back on.

i think his next fight will determin his future, maybe diego v hardy[/quote']

Thats a fight I'd like to see.

Big name for Hardy to beat..... :)

ahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha

where is UWILLSUBMIT please i'm waiting for excuses

no excuses, beat by a better fighter if you read my post on page 12 u dumb fcuk

no excuses' date=' beat by a better fighter if you read my post on page 12 u dumb fcuk[/quote']

hahaha

man your one wrong dimwit...i love when your wrong and so far you've been wrong about everything so my night is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

tell Sanchez if he can beat Maynard or Guillard maybe he'll get another shot at Kenflo.

Sanchez by a "nightmare" of a ko! Maybe tko if hathaway is lucky lol

Diego Sanchez by 1st round tko' date=' anyone who thinks hathaway has a chance doesnt know anything about buisness, hes a steppign stone for a more marketable YES MAN.[/quote']

diego sanchez is gonna win. there is no way he is going to lose two times in a row.

He's one of the best British wrestlers. That means he can wrestle with one of our 14 year olds just before all the high school training. Too bad he isn't fighting a 14 year old.

I guess we'll find out. Remember that Hardy and Daley also talked about how much they had worked on TD defense. Hathaway is gonna get smothered.

diego wins this fight hads down. jon has no chance against diego. When people realizee that diego didnt cut weight for this fight and he just came off a TITLE SHOT. thats big. yea he got beat. but to even make it to a title shot is something crazy.

Looks like some of the yanks vastly underestimated the Hitman!

I admit, Hathaway was the much better fighter tonight. I was very surprised. BUT that wasn't the Diego Sanchez we've all grown to love either - dude wasn't even aggressive at all...

I admit' date=' Hathaway was the much better fighter tonight. I was very surprised. [b']BUT that wasn't the Diego Sanchez we've all grown to love either - dude wasn't even aggressive at all[/b]...

i dont get it neither... whatever though im still sticking with my boy diego. props to hathaway for the win.

I admit' date=' Hathaway was the much better fighter tonight. I was very surprised. BUT that wasn't the Diego Sanchez we've all grown to love either - [b']dude wasn't even aggressive at all[/b]...

he was somewhat aggressive

until he got kneed in the dome and then he became \

Diego is seeing nightmares Sanchez

he was somewhat aggressive

until he got kneed in the dome and then he became \

Diego is seeing nightmares Sanchez

^ I approve this post!

What has happened to sanchez??

He looked very average.

Not the same Diego' date=' compare that to the Sanchez v Guida fight for example......[/quote']

I think the loss came down to three factors.

1. Diego expected to be able to take Hathaway down easily and lay a beating on him, but was unable to.

2. On the feet, Hathaway had the reach advantage and picked Diego off every time he went in for a strike.

3. The world just underestimated John Hathaway. You can see what you want, but Hathaway was supposed to be a tune up fight for Diego, and he ended up making himself look damn good.

The better fighter won tonight. No excuses.

so the fight went just as i said it would 3 months ago when the matchup was announced, great fight from Hathaway.

like it was discussed by anybody that knew anything bout Hitman, stylistically.. this was definitely a bad matchup for Diego & it showed true. he got worked All over in every fight aspect.

can't hate though, Diego has a CRAZY chin

ask BJ & John's knee/

I admit' date=' Hathaway was the much better fighter tonight. I was very surprised. BUT that wasn't the Diego Sanchez we've all grown to love either - dude wasn't even aggressive at all...[/quote']

He was not allowed to be the aggressive Diego who pushed about LWs he was fighting a better fighter that he heavily under estimated. Was he aggressive vs BJ Penn??? No point proved

well if diego cant get you down and he doesnt figure out the striking distance too, he has nothing. At least thats what i ve noticed in the last few fights. His striking is not very polished, he sits back and drops little explosions and its always 1-2s maybe a 3rd punch too but he starts from distance and doesnt connect. He mostly does it to set up for takedown, but in fights like this where he cant take the guy down, then he has nothing else.

the brit was amazing, most exciting prospect i ve seen lately

Ah Coulda told you so, Ah Coulda told you Diego's dreams would come and go Ah coulda told you ssssoooAND I DID FOR AGES God Save The Queen Send her Victorious happy and Glorious long to reign over us god save the QUEEN

It was truly nice fto see a rising Brit take on a n established contender, outside of the UK, and win in a fashion that could not be interpreted as anything other than it actually was. Hathaway outfought Sanchez in all areas, and was humble and graceful afterwards. There have been a few UK fans on this forum who have supported the "lesser known" Brits, but this is a tag that Hathaway is certainly in the process of shaking off.

He's not the same Diego since the BJ fight,period!Until he gets over that mentally,he will remain stale.If he has an awakening,he might be more than a gatekeeper in this or any div.Not to mention,Hathaway deserves credit,He beat Diego to the punch everytime!He is only 22,promising future perhaps?

1. Diego expected to be able to take Hathaway down easily and lay a beating on him' date=' but was unable to.

2. On the feet, Hathaway had the reach advantage and picked Diego off every time he went in for a strike.

3. The world just underestimated John Hathaway. You can see what you want, but Hathaway was supposed to be a tune up fight for Diego, and he ended up making himself look damn good.

The better fighter won tonight. No excuses.[/quote']

I'm with this guy, agree completely.

Well done John from all in the UK, you did us proud, I knew Diego, and the UFC in general would underestimate him. He fought a sound, very mature fight and soundly whupped Diego and well done to him!

I was very impressed by Hathaway as well. He's just a larger, stronger, more skilled fighter than Sanchez. I think that pretty much sums it up.

mismatched thats why Hathaway won that fight. Hathaway needs to visit Jon Jones to know how to used his elbow.

You do not know much of MMA do you. This was supposed to be Diego's first fight back at WW on the road to a title shot against GSP. Diego also fought and won at Middleweight against some really good fighters so mis match ...no and Jon Jones has much to learn himself so I think Hathaway would visit someone like Delagrotte or Kenflo to learn to use his elbows

Another surprising outcome....I thought Sanchez would have this in the bag, coming back to WW with some purpose.

Did you see the size difference here? Hathaway looked like a beast compared to Sanchez.....

And Hathaway impressed the hell outta me. Used his reach to near perfection. Amazing fight, amazing win. Another WW prospect?

Another surprising outcome....I thought Sanchez would have this in the bag' date=' coming back to WW with some purpose.

Did you see the size difference here? Hathaway looked like a beast compared to Sanchez.....

And Hathaway impressed the hell outta me. Used his reach to near perfection. Amazing fight, amazing win. [b']Another WW prospect?[/b]

Definitely. He should fight Swick next.

Diego Sanchez by 1st round tko' date=' anyone who thinks hathaway has a chance doesnt know anything about buisness, hes a steppign stone for a more marketable YES MAN.[/quote']

lol This made me chuckle! Obviously you know nothing about "the business" (i thought it was a sport!)

It was truly nice fto see a rising Brit take on a n established contender' date=' outside of the UK, and win in a fashion that could not be interpreted as anything other than it actually was. Hathaway outfought Sanchez in all areas, and was humble and graceful afterwards. There have been a few UK fans on this forum who have supported the "lesser known" Brits, but this is a tag that Hathaway is certainly in the process of shaking off.[/quote']

weve been telling em about HATHAWAY for ages HH but did they listen no!

maybe they will now!

weve been telling em about HATHAWAY for ages HH but did they listen no!

maybe they will now!

Exactly now they all will listen but we best stop talking him up or he will start to attract the haters who hate the fact that he has talent and is a Brit with a fan base

1. Diego expected to be able to take Hathaway down easily and lay a beating on him' date=' but was unable to.

The better fighter won tonight. No excuses.[/quote']

Im a huge Diego fan, and agree with you 100%. The second you overlook the John Hathaway's out there, is the second your tune up becomes their stepping stone up the food chain. Well done Mr. Hathaway and all power to ya.