getting into shape

hey im just wondering whats the best way to lose some weight and get back into great shape like i was at the start of the year, im 16 and i run and workout my abbs every day but i cant lose stoumach weight to see my 6 pack under what little fat i have im 6"1 and 170 pounds so im not fat i just cant seem to get a six pack any ody have any good ideas? thanks

You should be fine at that height and weight. I'm 5'10" 155-160 and I'm lean with abs by default.

I don't know though I guess just do a lot of sit ups maybe holding a weight on your chest. In the summer I get a good ab workout floating around at the lake or pool everytime you lift up to drink your beer it tightens your abs. It's a great way to battle a beer belly while drinking!

You should be fine at that height and weight. I'm 5'10" 155-160 and I'm lean with abs by default.

I don't know though I guess just do a lot of sit ups maybe holding a weight on your chest. In the summer I get a good ab workout floating around at the lake or pool everytime you lift up to drink your beer it tightens your abs. It's a great way to battle a beer belly while drinking!

hahaha i like that last part bro, and i do sit ups while holding weights a lot, its mostly just u cant see them because (im not fat) i just have like a thin layer of fat over them

Get your diet in check (down to the macronutrients) and do at least 45 minutes of cardio in the morning on an empty stomach or 30mins after your workout, along with crunches and hanging leg lifts.

But, some people have a hard time getting the abs, regardless of how much they train, diet and dehydrate themselves.

Ps.-cardio times are because: Your body starts burning fat after 20minutes of being at the correct bpm. The first 20 is warm up. So after workouts you've had your heart rate up already, but in the morning you gotta get the jumpstart then burn for 20-25 minutes

good luck

hey im just wondering whats the best way to lose some weight and get back into great shape like i was at the start of the year' date=' im 16 and i run and workout my abbs every day but i cant lose stoumach weight to see my 6 pack under what little fat i have im 6"1 and 170 pounds so im not fat i just cant seem to get a six pack any ody have any good ideas? thanks[/quote']

sometimes people just aren't built that way. my bud is in the best shape i've ever seen. he's about 5 10 and 180 pounds max pure muscle and you can't see a six pack on him. whereas if I were in the same shape as him I know you would be able to see one on me because my body type shows the little muscle I have. unfortunately i don't have the discipline to eat correctly nor do I have the discipline to exercise like he does.

i have a very ripped body' date=' but am thin so it wasnt too hard to get.:P

i need to bulk up, not tone myself, any tips on that anyone?[/quote']

horse meat 7 to 8 times per day.

horse meat is only in some countries lol.

If i remember correctly you are 15 right craig?

Just lift weight 3x's a week and consume 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight and you will grow. Your testosterone still hasn't peaked yet. You have almost 10 yrs it will rise, but until then, i would recommend whey protein (in the doses i rec'd) and creatine. It helps endurance, preformance, and causes the muscles to hold a bit more water, giving you the bigger, but not bloated look. And thats without compromising preformance.

Stay away from frohormones and steroids (if those were in your head) until after you are 24-25 bud. Thats the best advice i can give, and know that it works.

Abs is diet more than excersise, its also somewhat genetic.

Try doing some gymnastic style core strenghting workouts. My nephew is on the Canadian Junior gymnastics team and has had a defined 6 pack since he was around 11 years old.

Im 17 and was in the same situation as you. I found that watching what I ate had more to do with it than working out my abs. If you have high % body fat your abs wont show no matter how large they are. Try to get your % body fat down to 7-8% by eating healthy and drinking water instead of pop or sugary juice.

hey im just wondering whats the best way to lose some weight and get back into great shape like i was at the start of the year' date=' im 16 and i run and workout my abbs every day but i cant lose stoumach weight to see my 6 pack under what little fat i have im 6"1 and 170 pounds so im not fat i just cant seem to get a six pack any ody have any good ideas? thanks[/quote']

search on youtube "8 minute ab workout"

Planks, side planks, reverse plank crunches,

As to crunches I personally don't use wieghts with crunches, I sort of view it as a start to my cardio. So i do these quick.

I personally do them like this 10 normal, 10 touch right ankle, 10 left ankle, 10 normal, 10 touch right etc etc etc once you have done a total of 180 do 20 normal but go slow and high as you can. This is done without a break.

Then planks I split them like this (2 units of normal, 1 unit of side each side, 4 units of reverse) for me atm a unit is a minute but it will take time to get there.

Then some sort of twisting exercise.

Do that the above 2 times per week = 6 pack.

I have about 12-15% body fat am almost 30 and I can see them clearly.

YOu will need to shed body fat. I would say to you.. get a good protein drink with little fat it in it and lift heavy and keep your cardio routine.

to burn fat you are best getting a heart rate monitor, different heart rates do different things, to work at your fat burning rate you need to subtract your age from 220, then work out 60% of this number and that is what you need to keep your heart rate at, so for a 20 year old it's; 220 - 20 = 200, 60% of 200 = 120bpm

you need to run for at least 40 minutes although it's better if you can go for 60 mins, as you don't start burning fat for 20 mins, for someone unfit this will be quite slow, probably just over walking speed, but the fitter you are the faster it will be, i used this when i boxed, i was a natural light heavyweight but could drop down to welterweight using this,

also with your sit ups don't use anything to put your feet under when doing them as this only ends up with you strengthening your hip flexers, do your sit ups in stages, as in a 4 count, 1 is half way up, 2 all the way up, 3 half way down, 4 fully down, pause slightly a each stage and when you start a set don't let your shoulders hit the floor so you never rest during a set, make sure you keep your back as straight as you can and hold your stomach in, i had an aerobics instructor who i worked with for a few weeks before a bout who helped me with core strength work she showed me all this and the results were great

Archived