Sign in to follow this  
UFCGOD1

UFC 116 : what will happen when Lesnar's suspect chin meets carwin KO punch ...

Have any of you Lesnar fans though about this ? how do i know lesnar has a suspect chin you ask ? well we are talking about the guy that was rocked by a 40 + year old guy and admitted seeing " tweety birds " after that " flying knee " from frank mir ! so to make stuff more simple of mir would have been able to connect with a strike during the time brock was seeing "birds" , lesnar would have collapsed on the ground , well when carwin punches him Lesnar will be seeing the grim reaper !

Carwin got a good chin and can keep the fight standing where basically my mom would beat lesnar , Lesnar's title reign and the wwe noobs reign on these forums are about to end !

After July 3 Lesnar will be giving chair shots again in the wwe ! and the black cloud over this sport will be over ....

carwin 2 round KO

ps : People replying with no logic or facts and / or being retarded will be ignored

Carwin's famed KO power hasn't fully been tested either. Frank Mir got beat up against the cage (not going to happen to Brock), and Gabe Gonzaga's head looks like a melon on a toothpick.

For all the talk of Lesnar using his size to his advantage, Carwin has been just as much of a bully in his fights. I don't think his hands will look as devastating against Brock.

I agree only I see the fight ending faster.

Brock - Takes down Mir almost at will, but Mir is not a natural at stopping take downs, all of his fighting career he's welcomed them. Not impressive. Admitted to being rocked by a desperate flying knee.

Really struggled to take down down Randy Couture a natural light heavyweight, landed a winging punch to win. Admitted to being rocked at one point.

He struggled with taking down Heath Herring as well. Carwin is much stronger tha Herring, and a much more accomplished wrestler.

If Brock can't take Couture and Herring down, then why should I believe that he can take Carwin down?

Carwin: Never seen him taken down, never seen him make it out of the first round, heavy hitter, and extremely powerful, BIG KO power!

Brock isn't going to just take Carwin down. Randy showed that Brock isn't the be all end all wrestler some would like to believe. Brock isn't just going to out muscle Carwin. Both are naturally big, both are fairly even in weight and strength. Carwin had a somewhat hard time with a great technical boxing heavyweight in Gonzaga. Brock is no Gonzaga when it comes to striking. So if Brock can't just take Carwin down and has to stand with him, then what? In order to get Carwin to the ground he has to be in punching distance. The meat will hit the face and it'll be nighty night.

Striking advatage = Carwin big time

Wrestling advantage = very slight Brock advantage

I think it stays on the feet and lasts maybe a minute or two before Brock crumples into the cage with his eyes looking in on his brain and stanky legged.

Carwin's famed KO power hasn't fully been tested either. Frank Mir got beat up against the cage (not going to happen to Brock)' date=' and Gabe Gonzaga's head looks like a melon on a toothpick.

For all the talk of Lesnar using his size to his advantage, Carwin has been just as much of a bully in his fights. I don't think his hands will look as devastating against Brock.[/quote']

as for the size thing

list of the sizes of opponents

brock - 240, 250, 220, 240

Carwin - 235 (i think not 100% sure) 255, 255, 265

Considering Lesnars bigger and fighting smaller opponents, can't really compare carwin using strength against mir to lesnar having trouble against a 220 pound 40+ guy

I agree only I see the fight ending faster.

Brock - Takes down Mir almost at will' date=' but Mir is not a natural at stopping take downs, all of his fighting career he's welcomed them. Not impressive. Admitted to being rocked by a desperate flying knee.

Really struggled to take down down Randy Couture a natural light heavyweight, landed a winging punch to win. Admitted to being rocked at one point.

He struggled with taking down Heath Herring as well. Carwin is much stronger tha Herring, and a much more accomplished wrestler.

If Brock can't take Couture and Herring down, then why should I believe that he can take Carwin down?

Carwin: Never seen him taken down, never seen him make it out of the first round, heavy hitter, and extremely powerful, BIG KO power!

Brock isn't going to just take Carwin down. Randy showed that Brock isn't the be all end all wrestler some would like to believe. Brock isn't just going to out muscle Carwin. Both are naturally big, both are fairly even in weight and strength. Carwin had a somewhat hard time with a great technical boxing heavyweight in Gonzaga. Brock is no Gonzaga when it comes to striking. So if Brock can't just take Carwin down and has to stand with him, then what? In order to get Carwin to the ground he has to be in punching distance. The meat will hit the face and it'll be nighty night.

Striking advatage = Carwin big time

Wrestling advantage = very slight Brock advantage

I think it stays on the feet and lasts maybe a minute or two before Brock crumples into the cage with his eyes looking in on his brain and stanky legged.[/quote']

Gabe took Carwin down

I'm not so sure Lesnar has a suspect chin. The man did a back flip off the top ropes and landed on his face in the WWE. Say what you will about Wrasling, but that landing was real and he never went out. A stage 3 concussion I think they called it.

Carwin has a suspect chin as well, because Gonzaga almost knocked him out and he's not really known for his punching power. The thing is both of these guys have been hit hard and recovered fast enough to win the match.

Carwin had a somewhat hard time with a great technical boxing heavyweight in Gonzaga

WHAT?!? Gonzagas boxing sucks ****

if Gonzaga can rock Carwin, Brock will KO him.. Brock hits much harder and has a speed advantage.. Carwin will get outclassed and Brock will win by TKO in the 1st round

Gabe took Carwin down

I must have been outside puffing a cigarette when that happened. I got back inside in time to see Gabe with some nice stand up, then being taken over by a bad case of narcolepsy.

if Gonzaga can rock Carwin' date=' Brock will KO him.. Brock hits much harder and has a speed advantage.. Carwin will get outclassed and Brock will win by TKO in the 1st round[/quote']

Mirs doesn't though and he done okay with him, I don't think that Brock hits much harder, Rolling Herring over, Hitting Couture on the temple and G 'n' P'ing Mir compared to all Carwins KO's

I must have been outside puffing a cigarette when that happened. I got back inside in time to see Gabe with some nice stand up' date=' then being taken over by a bad case of narcolepsy.[/quote']

Gabe took down Carwin with relative ease. And if Brock takes him down Carwin is not gettin back up. Brocks ground control is very good plus he is a extremely large man on fight night.

if Gonzaga can rock Carwin' date=' Brock will KO him.. Brock hits much harder and has a speed advantage.. Carwin will get outclassed and Brock will win by TKO in the 1st round[/quote']

Been watching MMA long? 11 wins 5 by KO, 6 by Sub. And you need to put the pipe down if you think Brock can punch harder and faster than Gonzaga. Brocks speed advantage comes in his take down shot, when he shoots it's exceptionally impressive. But he couldn't even out wrestle Couture, and he was being outboxed until that winging punch. In fact, Randy put him against the fence a couple of times. Carwin will do it with ease. Watch and see.

Put Brock and Gonzaga in a striking war and Gonzaga wins 9 out of 10 times lol...

Have any of you Lesnar fans though about this ? how do i know lesnar has a suspect chin you ask ? well we are talking about the guy that was rocked by a 40 + year old guy and admitted seeing " tweety birds " after that " flying knee " from frank mir ! so to make stuff more simple of mir would have been able to connect with a strike during the time brock was seeing "birds" ' date=' lesnar would have collapsed on the ground , well when carwin punches him Lesnar will be seeing the grim reaper !

Carwin got a good chin and can keep the fight standing where basically my mom would beat lesnar , Lesnar's title reign and the wwe noobs reign on these forums are about to end !

After July 3 Lesnar will be giving chair shots again in the wwe ! and the black cloud over this sport will be over ....

This fight is very hard to call for me didnt carwin get rocked by gonzaga? In the carwin vs frank fight carwin tried to take frank does but couldnt and he also got taken down by gonzaga but got back up so i dont know if he can get back up underneath leasner but well see Either carwin by KO or lesner by TKO due to ground and pound

[b']carwin 2 round KO [/b]

ps : People replying with no logic or facts and / or being retarded will be ignored

This fight is very hard to call for me didnt carwin get rocked by gonzaga? In the carwin vs frank fight carwin tried to take frank down but couldnt and he also got taken down by gonzaga but got back up so i dont know if he can get back up underneath leasner but well see Either carwin by KO or lesner by TKO due to ground and pound

Brock might buckle s little bit so Carwin needs to keep going and avoid any kind of take down. He needs to do to brock what he did to Mir!!

I love when people's opinions become facts it's amazing the bull$hit that comes out of people's mouth.

Carwin's striking: Completely overrated Carwin has slow hand speed and lacks defense but makes it up w/ power. He isn't a technical striker more in the line of a brawler that's looking for the famous KO shot.

Brock's striking: Completely underrated he has faster hand speed, precise boxing, power, and very technical striking. He utilize his Mauy Thai capability too.

Standup outcome: 1 hit ko < Speed+precise boxing+power. Brock will fight the smarter fight don't expect the fight to be a standing but if it does I believe Brock's striking will overwhelm Carwin's boxing w/ speed, precision striking, power and foot work.

Ground game:

Brock trains w/ 300ib+ Div 1 wrestlers at a daily bases at his gym. Who does Carwin trains with you may ask? Willie Parker and Ron Watterman to emulate Brock Lesnar - LOL! Remember Gonzaga took Carwin down and Carwin couldn't take Mir down. Carwin will have to deal w/ 15-20ib weight on top of him, and Carwin has never had anyone maul on him inside the octagon.

The ground game clearly goes to Brock unless you're delusional.

Carwin only has a poucher's chance!!

LESNAR hasnt been caught with a serious k.o power hit, carwin is the professor about to give lesnar a crash course in taking a big hit..

for all the lesnar fans try thinking logical for a change, stop assuming the guys made from hercules ejaculations and think the guys never been tested, so can he manage to take a blast from carwin.

as for carwin, the guys unbeaten, and yet hes just now started to face top knotch competition, hes never left a match in question, and in my mind that speaks tons.

watch out lesnar, carwin via k.o 1st rd

In the carwin vs frank fight carwin tried to take frank down but couldnt

I never saw Carwin commit to a take down in that fight. They started off standing, felt each other out, Mir tossed a punch, Carwin ducked under, pushed him to the cage dirty boxed a minute, then restarted in the middle, Mir throws a punch, lands on Carwins forehead, Carwin presses to the cage, a little dirty boxing, ref complains, Carwin starts blasting, Mir desperately hangs on to a single leg take down attempt while getting blasted in the face, Mir flattens, GAME OVER.

Carwin was rocked by stand up when Gonzaga got the take down, and Carwin was right back up shortly after against a pretty solid submission fighter in Gonzaga. I'm not saying Gonzaga is the best of the best. But don't downplay his talent and dismiss his ability because he's lost a few fights against really good opponents..

Been watching MMA long? 11 wins 5 by KO' date=' 6 by Sub. And you need to put the pipe down if you think Brock can punch harder and faster than Gonzaga. Brocks speed advantage comes in his take down shot, when he shoots it's exceptionally impressive. But he couldn't even out wrestle Couture, and he was being outboxed until that winging punch. In fact, Randy put him against the fence a couple of times. Carwin will do it with ease. Watch and see.

Put Brock and Gonzaga in a striking war and Gonzaga wins 9 out of 10 times lol...[/quote']

Go watch the entire Brock vs Randy Couture, you're making false claims that "Brock couldn't outwrestle Randy Couture" Did you watch Randy get taken down 3 timesk? Who has taken Randy Couture down? Nobody! You're trying to discredit every Brock's accomplishment w/ nonsense.

Go watch the fight w/ your eyes open and if you think Randy Couture was beating Brock from R1-2 then you're fraking blind

Brock's striking: Completely underrated he has faster hand speed' date=' precise boxing, power, and very technical striking. He utilize his [u']Mauy Thai capability[/u] too.

And we're supposed to take you seriously after that comment? LMAO Muay Thai capability from Brock. BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAAA!!!

Everything you say from this point forward is null and void.

everybody forgets mir was a solid 265 when he fought carwin, while he was a flabby 230 or so when he fought lesnar, come on you cant compare the guy being taken down by one guy when he was smaller and not using the same strenght and conditioning program in the lesnar match.

I never saw Carwin commit to a take down in that fight. They started off standing' date=' felt each other out, Mir tossed a punch, Carwin ducked under, pushed him to the cage dirty boxed a minute, then restarted in the middle, Mir throws a punch, lands on Carwins forehead, Carwin presses to the cage, a little dirty boxing, ref complains, Carwin starts blasting, Mir desperately hangs on to a single leg take down attempt while getting blasted in the face, Mir flattens, GAME OVER.

Carwin was rocked by stand up when Gonzaga got the take down, and Carwin was right back up shortly after against a pretty solid submission fighter in Gonzaga. I'm not saying Gonzaga is the best of the best. But don't downplay his talent and dismiss his ability because he's lost a few fights against really good opponents..[/quote']

Carwin committed to a double and single leg takedown and failed. Of course you've never done martial arts, or wrestling in your life I doubt you'll know what it is. A casual fan will miss techniques that veteran fans will notice. I bet in your mind Carwin was winning the stand up war against Mir in the middle of the ring.. Get for real Kid.

Casual fan: "That guy just tried to push him to the fence!"

Veteran fan: "No fool he was trying for a double leg"

Go watch the entire Brock vs Randy Couture' date=' you're making false claims that "Brock couldn't outwrestle Randy Couture" Did you watch Randy get taken down 3 timesk? Who has taken Randy Couture down? Nobody! You're trying to discredit every Brock's accomplishment w/ nonsense.

Go watch the fight w/ your eyes open and if you think Randy Couture was beating Brock from R1-2 then you're fraking blind[/quote']

Yeah lesner had like a 70 pound weight advantage lol

Once Brock gets Carwin down, he'll look like James Toney in there. That KO power isn't going to amount to beans when he's throwing punches from his back.

Carwin committed to a double and single leg takedown and failed. Of course you've never done martial arts' date=' or wrestling in your life I doubt you'll know what it is. A casual fan will miss techniques that veteran fans will notice. I bet in your mind Carwin was winning the stand up war against Mir in the middle of the ring.. Get for real Kid.

Veteran fan: "No fool he was trying for a double leg"[/quote']

Yes, you are an MMA veteran who can see things normal people can't see. You know nothing about me. And it's apparent at this point you don't seem to know nearly as much about MMA as you would like to think you do. Muay Thai from Brock Lesnar. Yeah, you are deffinately an MMA expert. I took Muay Thai for 8 years, what Lesnar does is NO Muay Thai.

Casual fan LMAO. I was fighting when you were swimming in your daddys sack.

8 years Muay Thai

2 years Thai Kwan Do (what a joke)

4 years Jiu Jitsu (No not brazilian, just plain Jiu Jitsu)

4 years freestyle wrestling in high school

Trained practical MMA 3 years while in the military until I blew 3 discs out in my back doing log drills, then later slipped a disc in my neck in grappling practice.

All of that ended in the fall of 1999. You do the math.

Carwin committed to a double and single leg takedown and failed. Of course you've never done martial arts' date=' or wrestling in your life I doubt you'll know what it is. A casual fan will miss techniques that veteran fans will notice. I bet in your mind Carwin was winning the stand up war against Mir in the middle of the ring.. Get for real Kid.

Veteran fan: "No fool he was trying for a double leg"[/quote']

Yeah i saw him going for a double leg

Yeah lesner had like a 70 pound weight advantage lol

Damned if you do damned if you don't. In your eyes it seems like Lesnar was in a lose lose situation in that fight. Sometimes you have to give credit, even if you dislike a fighter.

Once Brock gets Carwin down' date=' he'll look like James Toney in there. That KO power isn't going to amount to beans when he's throwing punches from his back.[/quote']

what if hes using magic beans like jack and the beanstalk>??

everybody forgets mir was a solid 265 when he fought carwin' date=' while he was a flabby 230 or so when he fought lesnar, come on you cant compare the guy being taken down by one guy when he was smaller and not using the same strenght and conditioning program in the lesnar match.[/quote']

In couple months you don't learn how to develop a take-down defense it takes years to develop. Weight or Muscles can't develop your take-down defense Brock is already comfortable tossing 300ib Div 1 wrestler like sacks of potato Mir 3.0 wouldn't be any different.

Yes' date=' you are an MMA veteran who can see things normal people can't see. You know nothing about me. And it's apparent at this point you don't seem to know nearly as much about MMA as you would like to think you do. Muay Thai from Brock Lesnar. Yeah, you are deffinately an MMA expert. I took Muay Thai for 8 years, what Lesnar does is NO Muay Thai.

Casual fan LMAO. I was fighting when you were swimming in your daddys sack.[/quote']

Ok internet tough guy no need to get angry :)

Yeah i saw him going for a double leg

He also committed a single leg AGAINST the fence and failed. Ask yourself this question 'Why would Carwin commit to a single leg if Mir is already against the fence?'

Carwin wasn't a very good liar at his post fight conference but his fanbase will believe every word from him

Damned if you do damned if you don't. In your eyes it seems like Lesnar was in a lose lose situation in that fight. Sometimes you have to give credit' date=' even if you dislike a fighter.[/quote']

I do like lesner i do like randy im just pointing out the facts yeah lesner did beat a legend and i give him full credit but he did have a 70 pound weight advantage

Yes' date=' you are an MMA veteran who can see things normal people can't see. You know nothing about me. And it's apparent at this point you don't seem to know nearly as much about MMA as you would like to think you do. Muay Thai from Brock Lesnar. Yeah, you are deffinately an MMA expert. I took Muay Thai for 8 years, what Lesnar does is NO Muay Thai.

Casual fan LMAO. I was fighting when you were swimming in your daddys sack.[/quote']

muzn6b.gif

Brock has a muay thai trainer at his gym. Brock's muay thai may not look very polish compared to K1 fighters but it does utilize his elbows and knees very well for a 265ib man, an elbow from Brock will rock any man ask Couture before getting KTFO.

In couple months you don't learn how to develop a take-down defense it takes years to develop. Weight or Muscles can't develop your take-down defense Brock is already comfortable tossing 300ib Div 1 wrestler like sacks of potato Mir 3.0 wouldn't be any different.

This I can agree with. If Mir thought for one minute putting on 20+lbs of muscle was going to suddenly make him stronger than someone who has been power lifting most of his life then he found out the hard way. No one trains take down defense better than wrestlers, again it's a skill developed over years, not months.

Mir beats himself. Mir is a waste of incredible fighting skill who destroys his self mentally. You put Mirs skills in someone with the physical attributes of a Brock Lesnar, then there would be no point in watching the heavyweights ever again.

Have any of you Lesnar fans though about this ? how do i know lesnar has a suspect chin you ask ? well we are talking about the guy that was rocked by a 40 + year old guy and admitted seeing " tweety birds " after that " flying knee " from frank mir ! so to make stuff more simple of mir would have been able to connect with a strike during the time brock was seeing "birds" ' date=' lesnar would have collapsed on the ground , well when carwin punches him Lesnar will be seeing the grim reaper !

[b']carwin 2 round KO [/b]

Carwin got dropped by Gonzaga, who got dropped by Werdum and last time i checked wasn't a juggernaut on his feet...

you're right about a lot of things except this...read and remember the sig come July 3rd

maybe not take defense , or some kind of greco roman wrestlers skills, but strong enough to just hold your base, why not?..

did lesnar toss around mir, yeah big time easily, man handled like mir was shirley temple..

carwin is a AA Division II Wrestler, and has shown he knows submissions on the ground with rear naked chokes and guillotines, im just saying lesnar would meet up against a tall order with carwin

Brock has a muay thai trainer at his gym. Brock's muay thai may not look very polish compared to K1 fighters but it does utilize his elbows and knees very well for a 265ib man

I don't keep up with his Gym, I could care less what he's doing. I will be the first to admit, for a man of his size, he does a good job with his striking. If Brock misses the shot he's going night night.

But with guys this size it's anyone's ball game when the meat starts flying at the face. I just think the KO advantage goes to Carwin every day of the week. If Brock can get a good shot and get em down he still has to keep him down while working ground and pound. My bet is Brock will be too busy keeping him down to do any serious GnP. Brock isn't going to hold Carwin down nearly as easily as he did Mir. Mir just layed there and prayed Brock would make a mistake before he crushed his face in.

My calls:

Carwin by KO

or

Lesnar by 5 round LnP

Carwin got dropped by Gonzaga' date=' who got dropped by Werdum and last time i checked wasn't a juggernaut on his feet.[/quote']

Carwin got stunned then swept to his back, THEN got back to his feet and KOed Gonzaga who KOed Cro Cop who KOed Heath Herring who went to decision with Lesnar.

Using this very same logic you guys use to make a case against Carwin check this out!!

Lesnar was rocked by Randy Couture who was dropped twice by Lidell who was dropped by Kieth Jardine who was dropped by Houston Alexander who was beaten by Kimbo Slice!

Lesnar was rocked by Mir who was Koed by Vera who was beaten by Tim Sylvia who was beaten by Ray Mercer who lost to Kimbo Slice!

See what I did there? Going by that kinda logic we can boil it all down to Kimbo > everyone Lesnar has fought.... And well that's just absurd. Using that kinda logic we could twist just about any fight into anyones favor.

This fight is very hard to call for me didnt carwin get rocked by gonzaga? In the carwin vs frank fight carwin tried to take frank down but couldnt and he also got taken down by gonzaga but got back up so i dont know if he can get back up underneath leasner but well see Either carwin by KO or lesner by TKO due to ground and pound

carwin wasnt trying to take mir down, his plan was to put him into the cage and dirty box, and it worked beautifully

Carwin got stunned then swept to his back' date=' THEN got back to his feet and KOed Gonzaga who KOed Cro Cop who KOed Heath Herring who went to decision with Lesnar.

Using this very same logic you guys use to make a case against Carwin check this out!!

Lesnar was rocked by Randy Couture who was dropped twice by Lidell who was dropped by Kieth Jardine who was dropped by Houston Alexander who was beaten by Kimbo Slice!

Lesnar was rocked by Mir who was Koed by Vera who was beaten by Tim Sylvia who was beaten by Ray Mercer who lost to Kimbo Slice!

See what I did there? Going by that kinda logic we can boil it all down to Kimbo > everyone Lesnar has fought.... And well that's just absurd. Using that kinda logic we could twist just about any fight into anyones favor.[/quote']

actually when did Brock get rocked by Randy? that's what i figured...

I didn't know that seeing twittie birds for 1 second after someone landed a knee backed up with basically all he had to give directly on your chin meant that you had a suspect chin...

What about being significantly rocked by Gonzaga's punches?

why the suspect chin? if you get rocked in a fight it doesn't mean a suspect chin, even getting ko'd doesn't, it means that at one point you got hit with a shot in the right spot at the right time and anyone that happens to gets rocked or ko'd, if everytime you are hit on the chin your legs go or you lie down for a quick snooze then you have a dodgy chin, most people get ko'd at some point in their career, it's what happens when your career is going inside a ring or octagon against people who train to fight!!!!

I love when people's opinions become facts it's amazing the bull$hit that comes out of people's mouth.

Carwin's striking: Completely overrated Carwin has slow hand speed and lacks defense but makes it up w/ power. He isn't a technical striker more in the line of a brawler that's looking for the famous KO shot.

Brock's striking: Completely underrated he has faster hand speed' date=' precise boxing, power, and very technical striking. He utilize his Mauy Thai capability too.

Standup outcome: 1 hit ko < Speed+precise boxing+power. Brock will fight the smarter fight don't expect the fight to be a standing but if it does I believe Brock's striking will overwhelm Carwin's boxing w/ speed, precision striking, power and foot work.

Ground game:

Brock trains w/ 300ib+ Div 1 wrestlers at a daily bases at his gym. Who does Carwin trains with you may ask? Willie Parker and Ron Watterman to emulate Brock Lesnar - LOL! Remember Gonzaga took Carwin down and Carwin couldn't take Mir down. Carwin will have to deal w/ 15-20ib weight on top of him, and Carwin has never had anyone maul on him inside the octagon.

Carwin only has a poucher's chance!![/quote']

I don't usually push a strong opinion on any of these threads. Just do alot of reading.

But when i read this I couldn't help myself. I laughed so hard when i read 'Lesnar', 'Precision Boxing', 'Technical Striking' and 'Mauy Thai' in a sentence.

I don't like Brock but that doesn't mean I don't see his impressive speed and Wrestling. But Striker he is not. BY ANY MEANS.

I'm not writing this to try and change your mind, I can see by your comment that you are so far down the Coolade Drinking, Crack Smoking, Up Lesnars A SS Rabbit hole you're bound to end up on the side of Milk Cartons any day now.

Just to bring more attention to your Ridiculousness.

So for future reference

1. Remove Head from own Buttocks

2. Then Comment

So Carwin was an almost unknown fighter till he found a victory against Mir, and now you all Lesnar haters have found ground on this to elevate him to the best HW fighter.

You know it's always difficult to tell a result in MMA, but in HWs, it's a lottery.

If you ask me, Lesnar's taking the win on round 2 via KO.

actually when did Brock get rocked by Randy? that's what i figured...

Brock said himself that he was stunned by Randy when Randy started controlling the fight until he caught him, now to your defense in context it could either mean stunned literally or surprised stunned, he didn't elaborate. Not saying Brock didn't just handle him, but Brock hasn't beaten around the Bush either. He's admitted when he's been a little stunned or had a harder time than expected. Even slightly rocked can cause you to lose the fight when your opponent has good killer instinct.

You can bet your butt that if Carwin gets Lesnar even a little stunned he's going to be like a shark on a bloody seal. If Lesnar gets Carwin just a little off balance it's going to be like a cheetah on a 2 legged Gazelle.

I'm just hoping Brock don't suffer us 5 rounds of Lay and prey. He's not going to just hold Carwin down like he did Mir. If he can't just totally control Randy at 220 the whole fight, I don't see him totally controlling Carwin the whole fight either. Brock doesn't need to stand with Carwin if he can help it.

Predicting this fight is like predicting the end of civilization. No one knows for sure until it happens. Presenting opinions as facts and using past fights as a means of saying your opinion is the only right opinions is useless.

My prediction, Carwin stuns Lesnar and it's game over, or 5 Rounds of wrestling. It's an opinion, feel free to disagree. We don't know how much Lesnar or Carwin will improve between their last fights and the up and coming fight. Either one may come out and shock the world, Lesnar may get submitted by Carwin with a triangle choke, Lesnar may pull off an anaconda choke, they may knock each other out. We'll know about 11pm July 3rd though. No amount of predicting or hoping will make your opinion truth. That requires action from the combatants. No amount of photo shopped stats will prove any point.

What we do know:

Brock has 1 loss in 5 fights

Carwin has no losses in 12 fights

Brock has been forced into the second round in 3 of his 5 fights, once forced to a decision.

Carwin has NEVER been out of the first round 12 wins; 7 by KO and 5 by submission, longest it has taken 3:48 against Mir, second longest 1:41.

Those are the facts we have to base our assumption. Both fighters have been stunned before, both fighters have been controlled before, but still won those fights. So no matter who or what, they have both overcome adversity to win fights. All any of this proves is that they are both big, strong and dangerous fighters with heart. That is just plain scary.

Brock's striking: Completely underrated he has faster hand speed' date=' precise boxing, power, and very technical striking. He utilize his Mauy Thai capability too.

Ground game:

[b']Carwin only has a puncher's chance[/b]!!

you say we turn our opinions into facts, then look at the rest of your post! OPINION! yet you try and make it sound like fact. good job contradicting yourself! and the bolded part is a definite fail!

Brock said himself that he was stunned by Randy when Randy started controlling the fight until he caught him' date=' now to your defense in context it could either mean stunned literally or surprised stunned, he didn't elaborate. Not saying Brock didn't just handle him, but Brock hasn't beaten around the Bush either. He's admitted when he's been a little stunned or had a harder time than expected. Even slightly rocked can cause you to lose the fight when your opponent has good killer instinct.

You can bet your butt that if Carwin gets Lesnar even a little stunned he's going to be like a shark on a bloody seal. If Lesnar gets Carwin just a little off balance it's going to be like a cheetah on a 2 legged Gazelle.

I'm just hoping Brock don't suffer us 5 rounds of Lay and prey. He's not going to just hold Carwin down like he did Mir. If he can't just totally control Randy at 220 the whole fight, I don't see him totally controlling Carwin the whole fight either. Brock doesn't need to stand with Carwin if he can help it.

[b']Predicting this fight is like predicting the end of civilization. No one knows for sure until it happens. Presenting opinions as facts and using past fights as a means of saying your opinion is the only right opinions is useless.[/b]

My prediction, Carwin stuns Lesnar and it's game over, or 5 Rounds of wrestling. It's an opinion, feel free to disagree. We don't know how much Lesnar or Carwin will improve between their last fights and the up and coming fight. Either one may come out and shock the world, Lesnar may get submitted by Carwin with a triangle choke, Lesnar may pull off an anaconda choke, they may knock each other out. We'll know about 11pm July 3rd though. No amount of predicting or hoping will make it your opinion truth. That requires action from the combatants.

i completely agree

Just so you guys know. Randy would smash Carwin in the stand up. Nuff said.

Anyone think Gonzaga stands a chance in a rematch against Couture? No?... hmm how bout Carwin then?

When did Brock's chin become an issue but every man and his chin is in trouble if Carwins hands hit it.....but This is a fight I cannot call because both are monsters and I just feel if Carwin can connect he wins but he will have to avoid going to the ground or else he is going out