Sign in to follow this  
UFCGOD1

UFC 116 : what will happen when Lesnar's suspect chin meets carwin KO punch ...

you say we turn our opinions into facts' date=' then look at the rest of your post! OPINION! yet you try and make it sound like fact. good job contradicting yourself! and the bolded part is a definite fail![/quote']

People seem to forget that carwin has 5 submissions and 7 knock outs.

5 submissions in 12 fights and only a punchers chance huh?

People around here seem to only remember the last fight and how that went down as proof of what skills they do or don't have. Shane can wrestle, he can submit people, he has skill on the ground, he just prefers to KO people. When has Brock submitted anyone other than by strikes? When has Brock just knocked anyone straight out? Never. Shane has 4 plain KOs, 3 TKOs, one sub by strikes, and 4 subs by choke.

That's the kinda stuff I base my opinions on, not just what happened last fight.

People seem to forget that carwin has 5 submissions and 7 knock outs.

5 submissions in 12 fights and only a punchers chance huh?

that's exactly what i'm saying man. people just don't like to think before they speak. Carwin is a pretty well rounded fighter. Now i'm not saying he's as well-rounded and as skilled of a fighter as GSP, but if anything Carwin is over looked everytime he fights. The same does kind of go for Lesnar tho too, seen as how he has only had 5 MMA fights. I'm not counting Lesnar out because i know very well that he could win. But i feel with Carwin's experience in the sport of MMA will give him the edge in winning this fight. Oh... and you can't forget his cinderblocks for fists. They are just deadly!

and what if it's the other way around?

Neither man will end the others career. If Brock and Carwin can't end Mir's career with the brutal beatings they put on him, they aren't going to end each others.

What I really want to know is where Brock has proven that he has brutal one punch KO power? I have yet to see him straight just knock someone out with one punch. I've seen Carwin do it 4 times. It took Mir much longer to get off the floor after Carwin than it did after Brock.

Of their common opponent Mir, I'd say Carwin has a much more impressive win over Mir.

Have any of you Lesnar fans though about this ? how do i know lesnar has a suspect chin you ask ? well we are talking about the guy that was rocked by a 40 + year old guy and admitted seeing " tweety birds " after that " flying knee " from frank mir ! so to make stuff more simple of mir would have been able to connect with a strike during the time brock was seeing "birds" ' date=' lesnar would have collapsed on the ground , well when carwin punches him Lesnar will be seeing the grim reaper !

Carwin got a good chin and can keep the fight standing where basically my mom would beat lesnar , Lesnar's title reign and the wwe noobs reign on these forums are about to end !

After July 3 Lesnar will be giving chair shots again in the wwe ! and the black cloud over this sport will be over ....

[b']carwin 2 round KO [/b]

ps : People replying with no logic or facts and / or being retarded will be ignored

So a flying knee from a 245-250lb Frank Mir is not as powerful as a Carwin punch? Did you pay attention to your own words after the "ps" lol:p

Carwin wasn't a very good liar at his post fight conference but his fanbase will believe every word from him

EXACTLY!!!

Further, Carwin is not stupid and realizes it is not in his best interest to admit openly that he could not take down Mir. Carwin's fan base is EVERY BIT as delusional as what Lesnar fan's are claimed to be.

I like both these guys but imho not many are capable of actually looking at these two with less bias and more facts (real facts not self proclaimed poorly supported b.s.).

It took Mir much longer to get off the floor after Carwin than it did after Brock.

Of their common opponent Mir' date=' I'd say Carwin has a much more impressive win over Mir.[/quote']

How many shots did Carwin land on the back of Mir's head in the temple area while swinging away from a dominant position. How many shots did Lesnar land directly to the front 3/4 of Mir's face laying down on top of him much closer with less room to generate power? If you think about this a second I think you'll see that the length it took Mir to get up off the matt doesn't bring much to the table in the argument of one man's power vs. the others when considering the nature of the shots delivered from each. They are not apples to apples.

what will happen when Lesnar's suspect chin meets carwin KO punch ...

What will happen will be exactly what intelligent MMA fans predicted would happen the second Lesnar faced an opponent of comparable size with legit KO power. He's going to get knocked on his **** and exposed as the one trick pony that he is.

What will happen will be exactly what intelligent MMA fans predicted would happen the second Lesnar faced an opponent of comparable size with legit KO power. He's going to get knocked on his **** and exposed as the one trick pony that he is.

And what happens if this doesn't come true? Which side of the equation does intelligence flow to then?

How many shots did Carwin land on the back of Mir's head in the temple area

Sorry' date=' this may be news for you, but the temple area is NOT the back of the head, in fact it's not even close. Feel the soft spot on each side of your forehead? That is your temple are. The back of the head is behind the ears, and even then if you are hit just behind the ear and KOed, it will not be considered an illegal shot.

When Lesnar was pounding Mir in the face, he was doing so with Mir pressed against the cage and those shots were coming in every bit as hard as if he was throwing hooks from the standing position. His fists were coming from his hips and that allows for the generation of quite a large amount of power.

In fact I can hit you harder holding a position like Lesnar and Mir then I could from the Carwin\Mir position because I take the need to maintain balance out of the equasion. I'm not knocking your fighting knowledge, but I've fought ever since the early 90s before injury took me out of any equasion. From a side control position postured up to throw punches you can generate some serious power without much risk of losing position. Side control once postured up properly will still allow for hip, upper body and shoulder movement to generate speed and power without the need to maintain balance. From a standing position you have to maintain control of that power because if you miss you WILL be off balance. Very rarely do you see people just throw wild uber powerful shots from the standing position but in a ground dominant position you will see shots coming from WAAAAY out in left field with some serious bad intentions. Throw the same punch on your feet and you better land it, if you don't you are WIDE open with little to no defense options.

Can't generate much power?

[img']http://blog.lehighvalleylive.com/entertainment-general_impact/2009/07/large_UFC-100-Lesnar-Mir.jpg[/img]

Lesnar-vs-Mir-pic4.jpg

I'm not the MMA moron you like to think everyone is that doesn't agree with you.

Your detail is appreciated, it's more than I usually read while getting in these threads.

That being said and I just went back and watched and in the first round there was nothing like you said but i'm assuming you were talking mainly about the 2nd round. In the 2nd round I agree with some of what you said and would like to take the time to point out that some of Lesnar's shots were behind the ear after all atleast at the very end. That being said I think it took Carwin more of them to put Mir out. Does anyone actually have an official count?

Its funny how you guys think any punch Carwin lands it will end in a KO. The guy is a beast, but his stand up isn't that good. His advantage so far has been his strength and power, but he lacks striking defense and isn't that tecnical either. BTW: I doubt he will be able to pin Brock like he did against Mir.

I love when people's opinions become facts it's amazing the bull$hit that comes out of people's mouth.

Carwin's striking: Completely overrated Carwin has slow hand speed and lacks defense but makes it up w/ power. He isn't a technical striker more in the line of a brawler that's looking for the famous KO shot.

Brock's striking: Completely underrated he has faster hand speed' date=' precise boxing, power, and very technical striking. He utilize his Mauy Thai capability too.

Standup outcome: 1 hit ko < Speed+precise boxing+power. Brock will fight the smarter fight don't expect the fight to be a standing but if it does I believe Brock's striking will overwhelm Carwin's boxing w/ speed, precision striking, power and foot work.

Ground game:

Brock trains w/ 300ib+ Div 1 wrestlers at a daily bases at his gym. Who does Carwin trains with you may ask? Willie Parker and Ron Watterman to emulate Brock Lesnar - LOL! Remember Gonzaga took Carwin down and Carwin couldn't take Mir down. Carwin will have to deal w/ 15-20ib weight on top of him, and Carwin has never had anyone maul on him inside the octagon.

The ground game clearly goes to Brock unless you're delusional.

Carwin only has a poucher's chance!![/quote']

No way man. Mir had better stand up than Lesnar when they fought and he showed it. He just couldn't stop the take downs. Lesnar's stand up is not good at all, he just has huge fists and can get lucky. On top of that, he goes for take downs. Lesnar would be very stupid to stand with Carwin and on top of the fact that Lesnar is coming back from a huge injury, and over a year out of the cage, the only way Lesnar is pulling this one off is to some how bully Carwin on the ground and I don't see that happening. I think it'll be a lot harder to keep the big Carwin down compared to Mir. Carwin really won me over in that Mir fight. I think Brock is over rated and even if he gets through Carwin there's still Cain and Dos Santos waiting in the wings. Can't wait to see Lesnar get KO'd.

if lesnar plays smart and uses his wrestling to get carwin to the ground we could see him tire carwin and possibly ground n pound him out, but if we see the lesnar that stayed on his feet with mir until he got rocked, then hes not gonna have the chance to take him down cause hes gonna be face first in his own blood.

if carwin has improved his boxing technique then its all over for lesnar.

i cant wait to see that guy go to sleep.

just to add, all you brock lesnar fans are idiots.

you convince yourselves that this guy is not a one dimensional fighter and that he has legitimate power in his hands, by posting pictures of a smaller fighter he lay on top of and beat up.

lesnar could win if he tired carwin out, but if he doesnt go right for the takedown he's going to sleep.

first of all carwin doesnt have that good of chin he got dropped by Gonzaga he has good cardio tho to recover and take the win stop hating on lesnar he is a human just like everybody else he has mistakes like everybody else

Don't count you eggs before they hatch.

Lesnar's weak chin? You try getting punched and kneed by guys like Mir and Randy and tell me what that feels like. He took the hits and got the win.

Carwin has to prove he has cardio. Brock ain't no 3rd rate bum like the first 10 opponints Carwin faught. Brock's gonna smother him and drag him into deep waters.

Have any of you Lesnar fans though about this ? how do i know lesnar has a suspect chin you ask ? well we are talking about the guy that was rocked by a 40 + year old guy and admitted seeing " tweety birds " after that " flying knee " from frank mir ! so to make stuff more simple of mir would have been able to connect with a strike during the time brock was seeing "birds" ' date=' lesnar would have collapsed on the ground , well when carwin punches him Lesnar will be seeing the grim reaper !

Carwin got a good chin and can keep the fight standing where basically my mom would beat lesnar , Lesnar's title reign and the wwe noobs reign on these forums are about to end !

After July 3 Lesnar will be giving chair shots again in the wwe ! and the black cloud over this sport will be over ....

ps : People replying with no logic or facts and / or being retarded will be ignored

lol idiot. ok firstly suspect chin? you ever seen him dropped? er no.. secondly how much of a tool you gonna feel when Brock beats Carwin???

haha you say peeps replyng without facts will be ignored stupid boy where YOUR FACTS for this suspect chin??? dumb ****

oh i guess this must be a 'retarded question' coz i disagree with you right?

Brock said himself that he was stunned by Randy when Randy started controlling the fight until he caught him' date=' now to your defense in context it could either mean stunned literally or surprised stunned, he didn't elaborate. Not saying Brock didn't just handle him, but Brock hasn't beaten around the Bush either. He's admitted when he's been a little stunned or had a harder time than expected. Even slightly rocked can cause you to lose the fight when your opponent has good killer instinct.

You can bet your butt that if Carwin gets Lesnar even a little stunned he's going to be like a shark on a bloody seal. If Lesnar gets Carwin just a little off balance it's going to be like a cheetah on a 2 legged Gazelle.

I'm just hoping Brock don't suffer us 5 rounds of Lay and prey. He's not going to just hold Carwin down like he did Mir. If he can't just totally control Randy at 220 the whole fight, I don't see him totally controlling Carwin the whole fight either. Brock doesn't need to stand with Carwin if he can help it.

Predicting this fight is like predicting the end of civilization. No one knows for sure until it happens. Presenting opinions as facts and using past fights as a means of saying your opinion is the only right opinions is useless.

My prediction, Carwin stuns Lesnar and it's game over, or 5 Rounds of wrestling. It's an opinion, feel free to disagree. We don't know how much Lesnar or Carwin will improve between their last fights and the up and coming fight. Either one may come out and shock the world, Lesnar may get submitted by Carwin with a triangle choke, Lesnar may pull off an anaconda choke, they may knock each other out. We'll know about 11pm July 3rd though. No amount of predicting or hoping will make your opinion truth. That requires action from the combatants. No amount of photo shopped stats will prove any point.

What we do know:

Brock has 1 loss in 5 fights

Carwin has no losses in 12 fights

Brock has been forced into the second round in 3 of his 5 fights, once forced to a decision.

Carwin has NEVER been out of the first round 12 wins; 7 by KO and 5 by submission, longest it has taken 3:48 against Mir, second longest 1:41.

Those are the facts we have to base our assumption. Both fighters have been stunned before, both fighters have been controlled before, but still won those fights. So no matter who or what, they have both overcome adversity to win fights. All any of this proves is that they are both big, strong and dangerous fighters with heart. That is just plain scary.[/quote']

he said he hit him hard, never was dropped his chin barely moved to the other side and about being forced? he's had 5 fights and finished his last 2 wait til he keeps doing that and read the sig cause Brock WILL take Carwin down and keep him there

he said he hit him hard' date=' never was dropped his chin barely moved to the other side and about being forced? he's had 5 fights and finished his last 2 wait til he keeps doing that and read the sig cause Brock WILL take Carwin down and keep him there[/quote']

Wirerat likes to make shat up w/ his own opinions as facts. People think Brock being held against the cage while leaning his entire weight on Randy equals being forced..

Well as of July 3rd after getting rocked from being smashed in the jaw, he will wilt. He will officially be laying on his back and Carwin will full mount. Carwin will still have intact his undefeated record, Lesnar will have his 2nd career loss, and WE will have a new Heavyweight Champion who will immediately be looking at Velasquez in his rear view.

UFC 116 = Brock takes Carwin down before Shane can KO him, anybody who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying very good attention...

You guys should read Doom's sig more.

Why does Brock have a suspect chin? He's never been KO'd' date=' never been knocked down or [b']never even been rocked[/b].

false

When was he rocked... ?

By an imaginary strike that came from an imaginary fighter during an imaginary event that did not occur in this time line or this dimension.

DUH!

When was he rocked... ?

He admitted that the flying knee Mir threw as he was trying to take him down rocked him. and im almost positive he admitted to being a little "dizzy" in the couture fight at one point.

He admitted that the flying knee Mir threw as he was trying to take him down rocked him. and im almost positive he admitted to being a little "dizzy" in the couture fight at one point.

Links..

Links..

Dude. it was right after UFC 100. i don't have any links. sorry, if you don't want to believe me, that's fine. but i watched brock say that he got rocked. that's all the proof i need.

I remember he said Mir's knee made him see a "tweety bird for a second" hardly being rocked at all, and I don't remember him being hurt at all against Couture. I know Randy gave him trouble in the clinch by standing up to him, but never hurt him.

I remember he said Mir's knee made him see a "tweety bird for a second" hardly being rocked at all' date=' and I don't remember him being hurt at all against Couture. I know Randy gave him trouble in the clinch by standing up to him, but never hurt him.[/quote']

deny it if you want, but it's still being rocked. like when you get up too fast and become light headed, that's just like being rocked. if you were to get punched, kneed, or kicked right after that it'll only make the feeling worse.

Yes' date=' you are an MMA veteran who can see things normal people can't see. You know nothing about me. And it's apparent at this point you don't seem to know nearly as much about MMA as you would like to think you do. Muay Thai from Brock Lesnar. Yeah, you are deffinately an MMA expert. I took Muay Thai for 8 years, what Lesnar does is NO Muay Thai.

Casual fan LMAO. I was fighting when you were swimming in your daddys sack.

8 years Muay Thai

2 years [b']Thai Kwan Do[/b] (what a joke)

4 years Jiu Jitsu (No not brazilian, just plain Jiu Jitsu)

4 years freestyle wrestling in high school

Trained practical MMA 3 years while in the military until I blew 3 discs out in my back doing log drills, then later slipped a disc in my neck in grappling practice.

All of that ended in the fall of 1999. You do the math.

so 21 years of martial arts experience and you can't spell tae kwon do? why dont you stop hating on peoples posts and just talk about the fighters.

Dude. it was right after UFC 100. i don't have any links. sorry' date=' if you don't want to believe me, that's fine. but i watched brock say that he got rocked. that's all the proof i need.[/quote']

I know what interview you are on about, and he did not say "I got rocked". He said "I saw a tweety bird for a second". Big difference.

I know what interview you are on about' date=' and he did not say "I got rocked". He said "I saw a tweety bird for a second". Big difference.[/quote']

that's not the one i was talking about, but yes, seeing a tweety bird means you were some sort of rocked. again, deny it if you want. it doesn't really matter to me.

that's not the one i was talking about' date=' but yes, seeing a tweety bird means you were some sort of rocked. again, deny it if you want. it doesn't really matter to me.[/quote']

Dude, being rocked is when you say "WHAT DID HE HIT ME WITH!?". When you start thinking like that, then you KNOW you were rocked.

If you are hit with a big hit and feel dizzy but there is little to no memory loss, then you are fine, especially if you knew what you were hit with.

Dude' date=' being rocked is when you say "WHAT DID HE HIT ME WITH!?". When you start thinking like that, then you KNOW you were rocked.

If you are hit with a big hit and feel dizzy but there is little to no memory loss, then you are fine, especially if you knew what you were hit with.[/quote']

that's your opinion of what being rocked is. anything that causes you to stumble, stagger, lose balance, see something that really isn't there. that's what rocked is. how about we agree to disagree?

that's not the one i was talking about' date=' but yes, seeing a tweety bird means you were some sort of rocked. again, deny it if you want. it doesn't really matter to me.[/quote']

What ever you say, but it is a big difference.

Anyone would see tweety birds after a flying knee from a HW MMA fighter ****.

that's your opinion of what being rocked is. anything that causes you to stumble' date=' stagger, lose balance, [b']see something that really isn't there[/b]. that's what rocked is. how about we agree to disagree?

Fine... we can agree to disagree.

they had to use a jackhammer to cut brocks umbilical cord imagine what it takes to knock him out unless carwin has super powers hes not knocking out that freakazoid brock.

they had to use a jackhammer to cut brocks umbilical cord imagine what it takes to knock him out unless carwin has super powers hes not knocking out that freakazoid brock.

yeah yeah. we've heard it all before! but unfortunately for you' date=' your "invincible" idol is 4-[b']1[/b]. So he has lost and isn't as almighty as you make him out to be. No doubt he's tough, but he can be beat.

so 21 years of martial arts experience and you can't spell tae kwon do? Why dont you stop hating on peoples posts and just talk about the fighters.

lmfao

If Brock keep that enormous head away from Carwins even bigger fist - He will molest him on the ground, otherwise the 265lb Juggernaut is going to make an almighty crash onto the ground

But then probably drink some beer and get on his wife.

yeah yeah. we've heard it all before! but unfortunately for you, your "invincible" idol is 4-1. So he has lost and isn't as almighty as you make him out to be. No doubt he's tough, but he can be beat.

i wouldnt say he is my idol hes one of my faves,and yea he lost to a sub in his first ufc fight but hes also made it throught a whole fight,carwin on the otherhand is looking for a KO in the first round what u think is gunna happen when he gets to later rounds hes gunna gass and that ko power is gunna go to crap and lesnar is gunna be on top of him while hes exhausted.atleast thats how i see it going.

i wouldnt say he is my idol hes one of my faves' date='and yea he lost to a sub in his first ufc fight but hes also made it throught a whole fight,carwin on the otherhand is looking for a KO in the first round what u think is gunna happen when he gets to later rounds hes gunna gass and that ko power is gunna go to crap and lesnar is gunna be on top of him while hes exhausted.atleast thats how i see it going.[/quote']

Carwin lives and trains in Colorado. He trains for five round fights, as does all Greg Jackson camp fighters do, so you can't say he's going to gas if the fight goes out of the first round. Of course carwin will be looking for the KO, what's so wrong with that? This fight is going to be EPIC and i cannot wait!