MMA orgs in UK/Wales? Please help!

siwelewis

Firstly, yes i know this is in the wrong section but i cant seem to get any help in the "outside the UFC" section which sucks

Im 17. Just recently signed up for grapple and strike org (amateur rules) for experience and just to keep me motivated during summer. Fighting semi-pro at the end of summer but the org my coaches go in say its very unorganised and not very trustworthy so i was wondering if anyone knows any orgs in UK but prefferably Wales that are good for young fighters just starting out?

Thanks!

Firstly' date=' yes i know this is in the wrong section but i cant seem to get any help in the "outside the UFC" section which sucks

Im 17. Just recently signed up for grapple and strike org (amateur rules) for experience and just to keep me motivated during summer. Fighting semi-pro at the end of summer but the org my coaches go in say its very unorganised and not very trustworthy so i was wondering if anyone knows any orgs in UK but prefferably Wales that are good for young fighters just starting out?

Thanks![/quote']

Best thing to do is joing an MMA gym and they will unlock the door to the MMA community. I didnt have a clue how many Muay Thai events were going on on my doorstep till I joined my gym, you just dont hear about them

Best thing to do is joing an MMA gym and they will unlock the door to the MMA community. I didnt have a clue how many Muay Thai events were going on on my doorstep till I joined my gym' date=' you just dont hear about them[/quote']

Yeah im with Daves gym in cardiff they have a few fighters and go to a load of events but like i said, the coaches said the rog they go with is pretty unreliable, unorganised and not to be trusted

Yeah im with Daves gym in cardiff they have a few fighters and go to a load of events but like i said' date=' the coaches said the rog they go with is pretty unreliable, unorganised and not to be trusted[/quote']

I get you, I personally dont know in that case as I dont train MMA, maybe go do a training session at a few other gyms and see if its any different there. I know someon who trains in Huddersfield and he fights regular at pro events but I dont know him that well.

Yeah dude i train at ZTfightskool, its south of england at brighton, hove, and crawley. They run pretty much monthly events from ametuer to pro. last winner of the heavyweight torn got has jus been signed by ufc, and our gym also produced John Hathway (fightin diego sanchez @ 114) so its a pretty good place to get started. also one trainer has a bjj black belt from anderson silva lineage. hope that can help

Archived