Fedor still room for improvements?

mad182

Looking at Fedors record he is obviously already a very successfull fighter. But by lately watching some of his fights again i thought i saw some weaknesses. His TDD for example is not the very best and he is a rather small hw and not very strong (he got beaten by a women at armwrestling). A nother point is he has been training all his carrere with the same gym. Could he do even better by training more wrestling or would that work against his judo/sambo, would it be good for him to put on some muscles or would that take away his quickness and explosivness or would it be the best for him to cut down to lhw? So what do you think? And please try to stay on the subject and dont make this the next bla lesnar would kik his ****, bla fedor is ducking overeem ,bla fedor is the best just look at his record thread.

P.S. im sorry for my spelling and grammar my english isnt the best...

Looking at Fedors record he is obviously already a very successfull fighter. But by lately watching some of his fights again i thought i saw some weaknesses. His TDD for example is not the very best and he is a rather small hw and not very strong (he got beaten by a women at armwrestling). A nother point is he has been training all his carrere with the same gym. Could he do even better by training more wrestling or would that work against his judo/sambo' date=' would it be good for him to put on some muscles or would that take away his quickness and explosivness or would it be the best for him to cut down to lhw? So what do you think? And please try to stay on the subject and dont make this the next bla lesnar would kik his ****, bla fedor is ducking overeem ,bla fedor is the best just look at his record thread.

P.S. im sorry for my spelling and grammar my english isnt the best...[/quote']

Is there room for improvement when you are certifiably a God?

Looking at Fedors record he is obviously already a very successfull fighter. But by lately watching some of his fights again i thought i saw some weaknesses. His TDD for example is not the very best and he is a rather small hw and not very strong (he got beaten by a women at armwrestling). A nother point is he has been training all his carrere with the same gym. Could he do even better by training more wrestling or would that work against his judo/sambo' date=' would it be good for him to put on some muscles or would that take away his quickness and explosivness or would it be the best for him to cut down to lhw? So what do you think? And please try to stay on the subject and dont make this the next bla lesnar would kik his ****, bla fedor is ducking overeem ,bla fedor is the best just look at his record thread.

With everything in life, there is always room for improvement. Fedor included.

Preventing mammoth HWs from taking him down is just not something viable. It's likely gonna happen. He's a beast on the ground, so he doesn't care. He works magic.

Personally, the one thing I think he needs to add, are legkicks. Dunno if I've ever seen him throw one his entire career. I don't think he needs them, but they could work to his advantage in certain circumstances.

Other than that, he's as complete a fighter as I've ever seen.

He's the baddest motherf*cker on the planet who needs leg kicks when you have explosives in your hands?

His room for improvement would be not breaking his hands on other mens skulls. That's his biggest weakness and the reason his career will only last a couple more years. A lot of people don't realize it but he fought Mirko with a broken hand and took him at his own game. He would have easily subbed him if healthy Mirko was blue belt status at best back then. People complain about him not fighting enough but in the Rogers fight he destroyed one of his hands (again).

He's the baddest motherf*cker on the planet who needs leg kicks when you have explosives in your hands?

His room for improvement would be not breaking his hands on other mens skulls. That's his biggest weakness and the reason his career will only last a couple more years. A lot of people don't realize it but he fought Mirko with a broken hand and took him at his own game. He would have easily subbed him if healthy Mirko was blue belt status at best back then. People complain about him not fighting enough but in the Rogers fight he destroyed one of his hands (again).

You're preaching to the choir. I was stretching for something and came up with leg kicks. It's all I got. In reality, I'm with you. He needs nothing.

why do you want him to get better? :eek:

to come to the ufc and wreck the hw's and shut everybody up lol?

Nobody is the perfect fighter, so i'm sure fedor trains the aspects he feels are gapping or falling to keep up. He's not too old to fight, and he has already showed massive heart, the ability to take anythin(the head spike perhaps lol?) and still come back and win. He's a genius in the cage, ring, or street.

Op- there is room for improvement, and that will just show people he really is the shiz.

Maybe thats why m1 global hasn'let him come fight brock or jds ect.. Once he studies their styles while fighting at sf, when he gets here, he has filled in the gaps he has found in himself and can still romp on the ufc to shut every single hater up?

Nobody knows why he hasn't left m1 who is holding him back, maybe he will when he decides that every whole is filled.

Say what you will, but fedor has proven himself. Can somebody tell me someone that has proven a better career?

lets start with his boxing because it sucks

LMFAO Fedor is a complete joke bud. Whats with not signing the UFC contract huh? why not fight for the UFC ( the biggest MMA company if the world ) and make loads of money? why? why? why? ITS SIMPLE ! hes ducking, he sucks, he cant hack it, His hands are nothing to lesnars, his strength is nothing to lesnars, he would completely get completely destroyed in the UFC HeavyWeight Division, hell feed him to Rampage, or griffin, or Evans down in light heavy and Fedor would get Murked.. Who does this guy fight that proves hes anything special? nobody, Fedor might aswell be a nobody ! Man i wish he signed to the UFC just so everyone could see him crumble. Get this guy out of these forums, he doesnt even deserve to be on t.v

Fedor could clean up his striking, because even though he knocks people the F out. . its very sloppy technically, add some kicks and improve his TDD. Is it likely to happen? No. Hes almost out of the fight game and I sincerely doubt he wants to start learning new things 18 months before he retires.

Fedor could clean up his striking' date=' because even though he knocks people the F out. . its very sloppy technically, add some kicks and improve his TDD. Is it likely to happen? No. Hes almost out of the fight game and I sincerely doubt he wants to start learning new things 18 months before he retires.[/quote']

why do you think he is that close to retireing? he actually has pretty good kicks but does not use them very often.

i do agree fedor's magic is something out of a movie, but the HW's these days are huge and talented as oppose to old days where they were just one skill set, beasts like the ones the ufc breeds.. (lol) fedor i think would be better suited to drop to lhw in that event, if not add some bulk and just keep working that ground game on those clowns.

other then that i guess he just needs to drink his own pee, ooh wait that doesnt work anymore. :P

Fedor is great of course, but he does get into trouble.

It's almost as if his confidence betrays him, he's so relaxed that he gets tagged (like in his fight with Rogers), GNPed (like in his fights with Roger's and Herring).

Against Lesnar he can't do that. If he get's in trouble he's probably not going to be able to get out of it like he did against Roger's and Herring. (Well, he actually didn't get out of it against Herring, Herring controlled and pounded on him till the end of the round stopped the action).

Unless he does something to keep from getting in trouble, against a guy like Lesnar he'll end up like this:

ot2lpu.jpg

LMFAO Fedor is a complete joke bud. Whats with not signing the UFC contract huh? why not fight for the UFC ( the biggest MMA company if the world ) and make loads of money? why? why? why? ITS SIMPLE ! hes ducking' date=' he sucks, he cant hack it, His hands are nothing to lesnars, his strength is nothing to lesnars, he would completely get completely destroyed in the UFC HeavyWeight Division, hell feed him to Rampage, or griffin, or Evans down in light heavy and Fedor would get Murked.. Who does this guy fight that proves hes anything special? nobody, Fedor might aswell be a nobody ! Man i wish he signed to the UFC just so everyone could see him crumble. Get this guy out of these forums, he doesnt even deserve to be on t.v[/quote']

You must look dumber then you sound.

Leg kicks could help when your hand is broken and it would be just one more thing for opponents to think of so maby he should add some.

Personally' date=' the one thing I think he needs to add, are legkicks. Dunno if I've ever seen him throw one his entire career. I don't think he needs them, but they could work to his advantage in certain circumstances.[/quote']

Did you see the video ufcgod linked to? He was practicing his kicks in training, they sounded pretty nasty.

Two of the fights he nearly lost were against guys who outwrestled him, Kevin Randleman he could have knockt him out with that nasty slam and Ricardo Arona who controled Fedor on the ground and was able to mount him holding that position for a long time (Im not shure if he would have gotten that decision in the UFC as well). In the last fights there wasnt to be seen much of Fedors groundgame but what was seen in the Rogers fight didnt look that impressive to me. So i think the best chance to defeate Fedor is by real solid GnP plus the fact that he has never submitted anyone good of his back is why i belive that he has the most need for improvment on his TDD.

i just read a comment from Dana White saying Fedor has not fought any top fighter since the late 90s just shows you what people have got to listen too and begin to believe even though Fedor did not even have his first fight till May 2000 the guy can talk crap somtimes but you got to love him

i just read a comment from Dana White saying Fedor has not fought any top fighter since the late 90s just shows you what people have got to listen too and begin to believe even though Fedor did not even have his first fight till May 2000 the guy can talk crap somtimes but you got to love him

lol well he is not the only one ** makes facts up... sounds like raffys new favorite argument!

Fedor's physique is more irrelevant than Nelson's. He's fast, powerful and has good cardio. His hips are strong (as are all successful Judo/Sambo fighters') his ground game is wicked he has by far the best GnP in mma history, his heart is big, his chin is great, he's intelligent, he has the strongest mind ever and he can KO anyone with 1 punch. He is the most complete HW in mma.

If there is one thing about Fedor it's that I wish he would mix up his punches more. He throws hooks 90% of the time. I would like to see more jabs, straights and uppercuts. He often leads with hooks. I"d like to see more straight punches.

Archived