Australian Fighters.

MoneyShot7

I'm from Perth West Aus, One of the smaller cities.

I started BJJ about a month and a half ago and realised I would probably need some wrestling if i were to compete in MMA.

There is hardly ANYWHERE where I can do it..

Just a question..

How much wrestling experience would I need for MMA?

All we have that is close to wrestling is Rugby League. But we do have a lot of BJJ schools' date=' and our Muay Thai is very strong.[/quote']

That's quite true, I don't see what parts of wrestling is used in MMA, after my first month or so of BJJ, I haven't really seen the use of wrestling (It's naive of me I know)

I'm from Perth West Aus' date=' One of the smaller cities.

I started BJJ about a month and a half ago and realised I would probably need some wrestling if i were to compete in MMA.

Just a question..

How much wrestling experience would I need for MMA?[/quote']

Im also an Australian and have had the same trouble no where to do it.

In Australian MMA fights though I don't think you would need much wrestling has every is in the same boat of not being able to do it. But if you did find someone to do it I think you could dominate most fighters.

I'm from Perth West Aus' date=' One of the smaller cities.

Just a question..

How much wrestling experience would I need for MMA?[/quote']

A lot. Like, at least 20 years nonstop training, that is, if you want to compete with the likes of GSP, Brock Lesnar, Rashad Evans, Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch, ect.

A lot. Like' date=' at least 20 years nonstop training, that is, if you want to compete with the likes of GSP, Brock Lesnar, Rashad Evans, Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch, ect.[/quote']

LOL 20 years...

I'm asking how it adds to BJJ skills..

What it has that BJJ doesn't.

There are practically no places to learn wrestling, though you could do Judo to help with throws and getting people to the ground, plenty of Judo places although BJJ does teach some Judo already. and like it was previously posted Muay thai is really strong here, probably number two in the world in relation to people who do it and people who teach it behind thailand of course.

Archived