Dana White predicts 100 ufc events a year

PhysycadelicAdventurer

yea guys don't think of it as all american fighters fighting. think of it as every dream' date=' strikeforce, small promotions, that would have been events under their name will be under the UFC. definitely possible. and until that day comes. stfu about p4p, am i right?[/quote']

Uhhh no, sorry have to disagree with you. If the UFC took over every MMA organization or league it would fail HARD. It's good to have some competition, keeps you in check - so you don't make dumb decisions.

that would be serious over kill, theres no way to make each event worthy of buying ,or even viewing.

they should keep it like it is, one or two a month is fine, if anything start making a few more events free on spike or vs if they are going to start adding more ..

Dana must've bumped his head.

I imagine if they ink a good network deal, there could be weekly events showcasing anyone not in the Top 10 "imaginary" rankings.....PPVs would be left for the big names.

Could be good, but I think 100 shows a year is FAR too excessive. He would over-saturate himself, and the line between elite and scrub would be blurred even more than it is now....

It would be insane to think that they could possibly come out with 100 events in the course of the year.... to think that they had close to 30 last year ( including WEC ), shows how unrealistic it would be.

There are too many chances for injuries to happen to ruin shows, plus they don't have nearly enough fighters to pull off something like this, even if they did absorb other organizations..... what are they gonna have 100 fighters in every division, you know how long it would take to develop top contenders haha

Stupidity..... plain and simple

Say bye to giving ****s cash for crappy shows even when they know crap about the sport and getting some good match making and free to watch under 1 promotion for the not so A class fighters. I like it.

This will have no effect on SF/Dream and all those other mainstream promotions but it will make watching lower tier shows so much more easier and convenient. No more undercutting fighters or letting people get easy wins to build up your show. This is great for MMA.

I'm with others who say a majority of them better be free or i'm robbing liquor stores to afford them lol

I bet they will be free, which is better than they are at their current state. Most of those kinds of shows are $10-$20 USD a pop if UFC takes over all the smaller promotions then we either get them for free and if for some BS reason that we don't at least they will have control of lots of fighters and be able to set up good match making and won't risk a bad reputation by undercutting fighters.

If you don't buy them, chances are you aren't missing anything that you already are missing out on. There is tonnes of MMA on all the time that you can watch with some pretty poor matchmaking and have to pay a fee to view them.

I'm sure there are 2 boxing events in the world a week.....why not UFC if they can basically control the majority of high level mma? Will everyone want to see all of them? No, just like boxing now. But there's no reason that down the road there can't be 100 a year once the sport is truly worldwide.

Archived