Greatest Superfight Ever... Shogun Vs Spider

BigJoe

This is finally what we've all been waiting for, a real superfight.

Yes, they've dangled this carrot in front of our face before, and with such monumental failures as BJ Penns so called attempt at Georges belt (undeserved as it was) people have grown very weary of such a money draw as the word "superfight" can be. But this, this is something worth watching.

Anderson has been lacking real desire to finish fights, since he is one of the greatest pound for pound fighters on the planet. Now that Shogun has dethroned Andersons close friend, maybe this will be the fire under andersons **** that will finally deliver both the greatness anderson can posses, as well as the greatest superfight we have ever witnessed.

And, for once, I think most people will agree that Anderson deserves this shot. Not only has he cleared his division and is now into re-runs, he has stepped up in weight and destroyed two notable (though not "super" caliber) fighters. This, again, is more than we saw from BJ Penn who lost against george and matt hughes in the 170 division and still expected a title shot.

Please, Dana, PLEASE make this match happen. Its what we ALL want to see.

and PLEASE Dana, send me free front row tickets ; )

Pound 4 Pound best?

Fedor

Anderson Silva

Georges st pierre

Jon Jones

Shogun

machida

and anyone that beats the Hilo fat ****!

This is finally what we've all been waiting for' date=' a real superfight.

Yes, they've dangled this carrot in front of our face before, and with such monumental failures as BJ Penns so called attempt at Georges belt (undeserved as it was) people have grown very weary of such a money draw as the word "superfight" can be. But this, this is something worth watching.

Anderson has been lacking real desire to finish fights, since he is one of the greatest pound for pound fighters on the planet. Now that Shogun has dethroned Andersons close friend, maybe this will be the fire under andersons **** that will finally deliver both the greatness anderson can posses, as well as the greatest superfight we have ever witnessed.

And, for once, I think most people will agree that Anderson deserves this shot. Not only has he cleared his division and is now into re-runs, he has stepped up in weight and destroyed two notable (though not "super" caliber) fighters. This, again, is more than we saw from BJ Penn who lost against george and matt hughes in the 170 division and still expected a title shot.

Please, Dana, PLEASE make this match happen. Its what we ALL want to see.

and PLEASE Dana, send me free front row tickets ; )

Pound 4 Pound best?

Fedor

Anderson Silva

Georges st pierre

Jon Jones

Shogun

machida

and anyone that beats the Hilo fat ****![/quote']

epic faill. BJ is one of the only people i can remember ever remember deffending one of georges take downs. so it kind of was deserved and that fight was awesome i don't know what your b!tching about.

plus shoguns gonna be fighting the winner of rashad V rampage next so by the time the fight you propose should be aranged now comes around he might not even still be champ.

plus silva would destroy him and every other LHW worse than george did to BJ.

epic faill. BJ is one of the only people i can remember ever remember deffending one of georges take downs. so it kind of was deserved and that fight was awesome i don't know what your b!tching about.

plus shoguns gonna be fighting the winner of rashad V rampage next so by the time the fight you propose should be aranged now comes around he might not even still be champ.

Silva would not destoy every other lhw,you are dilusional.If he fought a top light heavy he would be average at best.Forrest and Irvin are no measuring stick for that division,so quit dreaming.If he's so effen good,move up and earn a shot at the most sought after title in the UFC.GSP is in the same boat but he does not pull the crap that the Spider does.

Silva would not destoy every other lhw' date='you are dilusional.If he fought a top light heavy he would be average at best.Forrest and Irvin are no measuring stick for that division,so quit dreaming.If he's so effen good,move up and earn a shot at the most sought after title in the UFC.GSP is in the same boat but he does not pull the crap that the Spider does.[/quote']

Dan henderson?

Shogun would easily be Andersons toughest fight. The guy would never risk a fight with shogun. Anderson said it himself that he would not take a fight with Mauricio win or loose against Machida prior to Machida/Shogun1. His excuss was because it would get Lyotos way? Win or Loose huh? Rua is Too dangerous 4 the spider, 1 might argue that shogun has a better chance in winning that fight than Silva. Im 1 of them and this is b4 Shogun Machida 1

Rear naked choke is not demolishing.Dan did quite well' date='but remember.He just lost to a ww,and your measuring stick is no good either.[/quote']

yeah he JUST lost to a WW. the fight was a while ago. maybe i was wrong to say demolish every LHW but i stand by the fact that i think he would beat them.

and the spider will never look ordinary.

speaking of epic fail you think because someone defends a takedown it deerves a title shot? lol.. lucky BJ is a very marketted fighter because he would never have gotten this. Everyone knows the only reason why the first fight looked close is because BJ poked GSP in the eye right at the start and then by some miracle just swept GSP's nose tip with a missed uppercut that made him bleed and forced him to breathe through his mouth the whole fight. As soon as he recovered GSP dominated.

And seriously Silva SHOULD be fighting Shogun next. That should have been arranged the minut Machida lost his title but instead Dana was so pissed at him after UFC112 that he decided to throw another can at his head. Honnestly, if I was Dana, I wouldn't give a **** and I would cancel this fight and make UFC117 or 118 Silva vs Shogun. Everyone would want to see this fight. Everyone. It would probly be the greatest matchup of all UFC's history. actually I think I'll make a poll

speaking of epic fail you think because someone defends a takedown it deerves a title shot? lol.. lucky BJ is a very marketted fighter because he would never have gotten this. Everyone knows the only reason why the first fight looked close is because BJ poked GSP in the eye right at the start and then by some miracle just swept GSP's nose tip with a missed uppercut that made him bleed and forced him to breathe through his mouth the whole fight. As soon as he recovered GSP dominated.

And seriously Silva SHOULD be fighting Shogun next. That should have been arranged the minut Machida lost his title but instead Dana was so pissed at him after UFC112 that he decided to throw another can at his head. Honnestly' date=' if I was Dana, I wouldn't give a **** and I would cancel this fight and make UFC117 or 118 Silva vs Shogun. Everyone would want to see this fight. Everyone. It would probly be the greatest matchup of all UFC's history. actually I think I'll make a poll[/quote']

i think clearing out the LW division and being the greatest LW in the history of the UFC and loosing a very close decision to GSP in their first fight made him deserve the shot. the defending the take down thing was just a means of saying compared to the WW's GSP has been fighting none of them defended one or ever looked like doing anything against him whereas BJ although he got stomped when he gassed at least he made a fight of it. hence he deserved the shot.

and i almost fogot he was actualy the former WW champ.

as for the silva shogun fight i never said i wouldn't want to see it i would. but i think it would be more lopsided than the GSP BJ fight.

yeah he JUST lost to a WW. the fight was a while ago. maybe i was wrong to say demolish every LHW but i stand by the fact that i think he would beat them.

and the spider will never look ordinary.

There is fights he could win in the lhw top ten,but it would not be the cakewalks he gets in mw.Dan Henderson was the biggest puncher he has ever faced,and there is alot more of those in the lhw div.Time will tell because the mw div is no longer a viable div for him.Move him up to the top shelf of mma and see how he does,my guess is he will never be a lhw champ period.

i think clearing out the LW division and being the greatest LW in the history of the UFC and loosing a very close decision to GSP in their first fight made him deserve the shot. the defending the take down thing was just a means of saying compared to the WW's GSP has been fighting none of them defended one or ever looked like doing anything against him whereas BJ although he got stomped when he gassed at least he made a fight of it. hence he deserved the shot.

and i almost fogot he was actualy the former WW champ.

as for the silva shogun fight i never said i wouldn't want to see it i would. but i think it would be more lopsided than the GSP BJ fight.

To compare BJ vs GSP to Shogun vs Spider is ludacris.Silva has never ever fought a guy of Shoguns caliber,so to think it would be lopsided is a joke in it's self.I'll take Shogun in that fight indeed!

There is fights he could win in the lhw top ten' date='but it would not be the cakewalks he gets in mw.Dan Henderson was the biggest puncher he has ever faced,and there is alot more of those in the lhw div.Time will tell because the mw div is no longer a viable div for him.Move him up to the top shelf of mma and see how he does,my guess is he will never be a lhw champ period.[/quote']

although i said demolish earlier i never thought the fights would be ake walks obviously its a superior division to MW and he's be fighting bigger stronger dudes. but i think he could be champ. if he fought shogun it'd be a muai thai fight watching both of them i think his is much beter. he might have trouble with a good wrestler with good sub deffence.

To compare BJ vs GSP to Shogun vs Spider is ludacris.Silva has never ever fought a guy of Shoguns caliber' date='so to think it would be lopsided is a joke in it's self.I'll take Shogun in that fight indeed![/quote']

shoguns never fought a guy lke silva though. cuz no one else is like silva #1 p4p for a reason.

he has looked dodgey in a few fights due to lack of motivation. if he was fighting someone like shogun he woud bring his A game.

To compare BJ vs GSP to Shogun vs Spider is ludacris.Silva has never ever fought a guy of Shoguns caliber' date='so to think it would be lopsided is a joke in it's self.I'll take Shogun in that fight indeed![/quote']

You should be able to tell just by looking at the way they fight, who will win.

It's not rocket-science.

Has anyone ever really put Silva in trouble in the stand-up?

How about Shogun?

That should answer your question.

that doesn't answer the question. shoguns been in trouble and still won silva's never been in trouble. the fact that rua's dealt with trouble bodes well for him but the fact that silvas never been in it in the first place bodes well for him.

their both amazing fighters and it could go either way, personaly i think silvas muai thai is streets ahead of rua. and silva would win. but its just my opinion its not rite and its not wrong its just an opinion untill they fight if they fight.

that doesn't answer the question. shoguns been in trouble and still won silva's never been in trouble. the fact that rua's dealt with trouble bodes well for him but the fact that silvas never been in it in the first place bodes well for him.

their both amazing fighters and it could go either way' date=' personaly i think silvas muai thai is streets ahead of rua. and silva would win. but its just my opinion its not rite and its not wrong its just an opinion untill they fight if they fight.[/quote']

I guess that's true, but honestly I don't see this fight lasting long if it happened. Unless Shogun comes up with some strategy which would throw Silva off a la Machida/Shogun 1 - Silva's stand-up is legendary and would most likely prove to be winner.

Opinions are opinions I suppose.

their both amazing fighters and it could go either way' date=' personaly i think silvas muai thai is streets ahead of rua. and silva would win. but its just my opinion its not rite and its not wrong its just an opinion untill they fight if they fight.[/quote']

Muay Thai won't even be a factor in this fight.

Silva's boxing is simply amazing.. especially combined with his footwork and head movement.

Shogun can't hurt what he can't hit.

Muay Thai won't even be a factor in this fight.

Silva's boxing is simply amazing.. especially combined with his footwork and head movement.

Shogun can't hurt what he can't hit.

Same with Machida right, if Shogun can find away to hit Machida, he'll find away to hit Anderson. If the fight touches the ground, Silva gets outclassed.

Same with Machida right' date=' if Shogun can find away to hit Machida, he'll find away to hit Anderson. If the fight touches the ground, Silva gets outclassed.[/quote']

when fighting machida a fighter should ask himself how can i hit this guy.

when fighting silva a fighter beter ask himself, how do i not get hit.

silva is an ofensive master where machidas a defencive master.

yes rua will hit silva but you better believe silva will hit him too.

when fighting machida a fighter should ask himself how can i hit this guy.

when fighting silva a fighter beter ask himself' date=' how do i not get hit.

silva is an ofensive master where machidas a defencive master.

yes rua will hit silva but you better believe silva will hit him too.[/quote']

anderson is also a defensive master.. and rua is gonna get hit harder

LOL.. Anderson is way better than Machida.. Silva outclassed on the ground? lmao

You guys didnt think that when Machida was untouchable, now Andersons way better of coarse lol. And yeah Shogun would wreck Silva on the ground, u heard it hear 1st.

With the way Anderson has been fighting lately, hes been a passive defensive counter striker against non dangerous 1 dimentianal fighters. If he decides to turn it up 4 this fight and be more aggresive, hes getting KOd or taking down and getting GNPd or Subd. Shogun is as versitle and dangerous as they come. Anderson and his fans get upset at the end of this fight Im sure.

Silva would not destoy every other lhw' date='you are dilusional.If he fought a top light heavy he would be average at best.Forrest and Irvin are no measuring stick for that division,so quit dreaming.If he's so effen good,move up and earn a shot at the most sought after title in the UFC.GSP is in the same boat but he does not pull the crap that the Spider does.[/quote']

I dont mean to be an a$$ but ANYONE who says that Anderson Silva would be "average at best" in any freakin weight division is the one who is "delusional" in my opinion. Silva is light years ahead of anyone else in the sport and to even put his name in the same sentence as average leads one to believe that you either A: Don't know **** about the sport...or B: dislike the guy so much that you are letting your feelings about him as a person seriously cloud your judgment bud. wake up and enjoy the Michael Jordan of MMA while you still can...there wont be another for a long time.

With the way Anderson has been fighting lately' date=' hes been a passive defensive counter striker against non dangerous 1 dimentianal fighters. If he decides to turn it up 4 this fight and be more aggresive, hes getting KOd or taking down and getting GNPd or Subd. Shogun is as versitle and dangerous as they come. Anderson and his fans get upset at the end of this fight Im sure.[/quote']

yeah, if silva tried that sh!t against shogun he'd be going home in an ambulance. HE WOULDN'T THOUGH. silva done it against maia because he thought maia posed no threat whatsoever. fighting top quality oponents like rua though he would bring his A game and you know he would he's not an idiot.

I dont mean to be an a$$ but ANYONE who says that Anderson Silva would be "average at best" in any freakin weight division is the one who is "delusional" in my opinion. Silva is light years ahead of anyone else in the sport and to even put his name in the same sentence as average leads one to believe that you either A: Don't know **** about the sport...or B: dislike the guy so much that you are letting your feelings about him as a person seriously cloud your judgment bud. wake up and enjoy the Michael Jordan of MMA while you still can...there wont be another for a long time.

100% correct. kudos to you sir.

Alright Im done with u' date=' u clearly just saw some Anderson Silva highlights and tried to reasure urself that he cant be stopped lol.[/quote']

and you clearly just saw shogun and fell in love with his looks. tell me how can shogun stop anderson? the kid got some mediocre muay thai skills compared to anderson

and you clearly just saw shogun and fell in love with his looks. tell me how can shogun stop anderson? the kid got some mediocre muay thai skills compared to anderson

Ive said this 4 a while, Anderson wins the standup battle, some what close but Silva is too diverse with his strikes but once it hits the ground, different story, Shogun outclasses and wrecks havoc on Silva on the ground. Thats what I think would happen if these 2 ever fight which I dont think they will and its not because of Shogun.

Anderson's pin point accuracy would be way to much for Shogun's brawling style. This fight would be one of the more epic fights available right now and would be a pleasure to watch.

easy Rogan didn't you say that about Machida right after you made up an era for him....but yes it would be a pleasure to watch i agree with that.

although i said demolish earlier i never thought the fights would be ake walks obviously its a superior division to MW and he's be fighting bigger stronger dudes. but i think he could be champ. if he fought shogun it'd be a muai thai fight watching both of them i think his is much beter. he might have trouble with a good wrestler with good sub deffence.

whoever Silva defeats or humiliates you guys will always find someone to claim "Silva never fought someone like....". Silva has yet so far obliterated the UFC. He's just walked right through every single opponent he's had. Only 3 of his 11 fights went past the 2nd round.

People can say Griffin isn't a measuring stick but the guy still competed at the highest level and proven himself worthy times and times. All you Hendo lovers gotta admit Silva went through him in 2 rounds. You guys keep saying it was close but that's just how good Silva really is : we're so used of seeing him being completly 100% dominant during a fight that the minute you guys saw him lose a round you all went crazy and are sticking to it. Truth is Hendo did no damage and then lost. Luter actually did more damage than Hendo.

Keep saying that the MW division sucks but Silva has fought twice in LHW and don't forget that even if you say he didn't face the best opponents, he still ran through them like no1 else did before. And that's 2 fight, and these werent wins through big lucky overheads. They were decisive and impressive wins. Silva was miles away from Griffin so I really don't know what makes you guys think that he wouldn't be that good at LHW. He even seems more explosive at LHW than at MW.

whoever Silva defeats or humiliates you guys will always find someone to claim "Silva never fought someone like....". Silva has yet so far obliterated the UFC. He's just walked right through every single opponent he's had. Only 3 of his 11 fights went past the 2nd round.

People can say Griffin isn't a measuring stick but the guy still competed at the highest level and proven himself worthy times and times. All you Hendo lovers gotta admit Silva went through him in 2 rounds. You guys keep saying it was close but that's just how good Silva really is : we're so used of seeing him being completly 100% dominant during a fight that the minute you guys saw him lose a round you all went crazy and are sticking to it. Truth is Hendo did no damage and then lost. Luter actually did more damage than Hendo.

Keep saying that the MW division sucks but Silva has fought twice in LHW and don't forget that even if you say he didn't face the best opponents' date=' he still ran through them like no1 else did before. And that's 2 fight, and these werent wins through big lucky overheads. They were decisive and impressive wins. Silva was miles away from Griffin so I really don't know what makes you guys think that he wouldn't be that good at LHW. He even seems more explosive at LHW than at MW.[/quote']

wow, thats really impresive that you managed to get things comepltly bassakward. way to totaly missunderstand my position on this arguement, which couldn't have been clearer. why not read all the previous posts before making random statments that don't make any sense.

wow' date=' thats really impresive that you managed to get things comepltly bassakward. way to totaly missunderstand my position on this arguement, which couldn't have been clearer. why not read all the previous posts before making random statments that don't make any sense.[/quote']

yeah well you make me realize that I definitly clicked on the wrong "Quote this" button... sry bout that. Your post was obviously not the one that triggered my reply...

silva would not destoy every other lhw' date='you are dilusional.if he fought a top light heavy he would be average at best.forrest and irvin are no measuring stick for that division,so quit dreaming.if he's so effen good,move up and earn a shot at the most sought after title in the ufc.gsp is in the same boat but he does not pull the crap that the spider does.[/quote']

stop being troll forrest is the former champ and lhw gatekeeper maybe you should go back to tna wrasslin'

Archived