Brazilian Champions need a UFC event in Brazil!

Leal47

I take this subject really personal i think the Brazilian fighters deserve a UFC event in Brazil. Not only have they fought a lot of fighters in the UFC in their home town but they strip belts from opponents in their home town. Now a lot of people say Brazil won't bring in numbers for PPV which is not true the US would watch and UK and Canada and there is a lot of Brazilian fans that would also watch. Now the second issue would be security i don't think this would be a problem if they picked the right city to have the event.

I hope a lot of you agree i think Dana needs to make this happen he went all the way to Abu Dhabi i understand its a rich country but come on. They have no UFC fighters he needs to respect the fact that Brazilian fighters helped the UFC and has always been fighting.

ufc went to brazil in the early days' date=' it wouldnt be a first. about the same time they were over in japan.[/quote']

Yeah i understand the UFC had a event in Brazil it was when Vitor beat Wandy. But the UFC then was nothing like the UFC now. Specially having the Brazilian fighters they have now in the UFC come on don't tell me it wouldn't be awesome to watch Wandy, Vitor, Anderson, Shogun, Thiago Silva all on the card fighting. lol Dana would make so much money. He needs to make this happen

I think the problem is safety and there is a lot of poverty in Brazil. This would be directly invloved in the gate ($$$) of the event. International fans with money would have a hard time going to a place where they don't feel safe.

Then again there are going to be the olympics there soon, so who knows

I think the problem is safety and there is a lot of poverty in Brazil. This would be directly invloved in the gate ($$$) of the event. International fans with money would have a hard time going to a place where they don't feel safe.

Then again there are going to be the olympics there soon' date=' so who knows[/quote']

Hey no offense but seriously you guys have been watching to much movies. Brazil is not that bad its a safe country with a lot of tourists visiting every year. Not every city has slums. There is a lot of rich cities in Brazil that would draw in the Middle and High class residents its not that hard to make an event there. If Britany spears and boy bands can have concerts there i don't see why UFC can't have an event. Stop stereotyping a country, Olympics and the next world cup will be in Brazil. Come on now

Hey no offense but seriously you guys have been watching to much movies. Brazil is not that bad its a safe country with a lot of tourists visiting every year. Not every city has slums. There is a lot of rich cities in Brazil that would draw in the Middle and High class residents its not that hard to make an event there. If Britany spears and boy bands can have concerts there i don't see why UFC can't have an event. Stop stereotyping a country' date=' Olympics and the next world cup will be in Brazil. Come on now[/quote']

Hey buddy I agree with you but those people with the money to attend internationally have the same stereotype of the country as I previously stated.

Hey buddy I agree with you but those people with the money to attend internationally have the same stereotype of the country as I previously stated.

Yeah i understand and the ones that want to go will go. The ones afraid to go wont go why should a country that brings so many good fighters suffer and not have an event because you are concerned about international fans being scared to attend a event in Brazil. I understand your point but the fans with international money to attend the event decide not to attend it will not hurt the UFC because no matter what the Event will be sold out. A lot of Brazilian that live in the US and Brazil with money will go me for example would go. You know how many of my American friends have gone to Brazil with their Brazilian gf's/friends and had fun and didn't run into no problems whats so ever. Brazil is not a racist country.

Yeah i understand and the ones that want to go will go. The ones afraid to go wont go why should a country that brings so many good fighters suffer and not have an event because you are concerned about international fans being scared to attend a event in Brazil. I understand your point but the fans with international money to attend the event decide not to attend it will not hurt the UFC because no matter what the Event will be sold out. A lot of Brazilian that live in the US and Brazil with money will go me for example would go. You know how many of my American friends have gone to Brazil with their Brazilian gf's/friends and had fun and didn't run into no problems whats so ever. Brazil is not a racist country.

LOL - I'm not stating that Brazil is a racist country but you do have to consider that there are a lot of kidnappings that occur there. That's the fear people have. You have money and people know it, there's a good likelyhood that you will be targeted.

Imagine the security that would be neccessary for the owners (Fertitta bros, Dana), Staff of the UFC as well as the fighters.

Then again there are going to be the olympics there soon' date=' so who knows[/quote']

This is true. They have stated that they have concerns about security and safety for fans and the company. Whether it's a real concern or not, it's the main reason they have been reluctant to go.

I take this subject really personal i think the Brazilian fighters deserve a UFC event in Brazil. Not only have they fought a lot of fighters in the UFC in their home town but they strip belts from opponents in their home town. Now a lot of people say Brazil won't bring in numbers for PPV which is not true the US would watch and UK and Canada and there is a lot of Brazilian fans that would also watch. Now the second issue would be security i don't think this would be a problem if they picked the right city to have the event.

I hope a lot of you agree i think Dana needs to make this happen he went all the way to Abu Dhabi i understand its a rich country but come on. They have no UFC fighters he needs to respect the fact that Brazilian fighters helped the UFC and has always been fighting.

I'm not Brazilian. But I think they should have an event in Brazil too. It's long overdue.

Brazil is a relatively small country and it's got such a huge presence in MMA. A lot of the top fighters and champs are Brazilian. Would be no UFC w/o Brazil. Etc

But I agree with with the other guys (sort of) in the sense that there must be some practical reason why there hasn't been an event there lately (b/c on principle, it should've already happened). But I don't know what the reason is.

Its not as bad as people are making out safety would not be an Issue if they made the event in the right city. Come on do you guys really think something bad would happen when the next World Cup and Olympics will be in Brazil do you know how many tourists attend the Olympics and World Cup? Brazil is not dumb to mess up on such a event they want tourists to come and keep coming. And I think a event in Brazil would not only help the UFC but open a lot more doors for future fighters from Brazil. I think it would be a great idea to do an Event there.

Brazil is too crazy to have a ufc. Won't happen for a LONG time

I was just wondering why there wasn't a deal for events being held in Brazil yet.

Two of the five UFC champions are from Brazil, and one of them now is pretty marketable, being Shogun. He's classy, humble and honestly he's way more genuinely nice than some other fighters. Anderson might not perform as expected sometimes but he is also extremely talented, both deserve more space for their fans from Brazil.

There's a market right here, and even though people might have football as a religion here, there is room for MMA, just look at how many skilled brazilian fighters you have, even in WW you have Alves for example, that did put some awesome shows, and JDS who got some highlight reels here and there, same for Vitor. Little Nog and Big Nog had some legendary wars and they are still around, and I'm not even going to mention WEC fighters.

So, is there anything really in the way of an event in Brazil? I remember Dana talking about it but suddenly he stopped mentioning it and started to talk about making MMA grow in Europe. I honestly think it's way easier to promote your sport in a country where there are several good athletes from it, showing to the public how it's done, because many of them kick **** and would be easier to market in the country where they are from.

I was just wondering why there wasn't a deal for events being held in Brazil yet.

Two of the five UFC champions are from Brazil' date=' and one of them now is pretty marketable, being Shogun. He's classy, humble and honestly he's way more genuinely nice than some other fighters. Anderson might not perform as expected sometimes but he is also extremely talented, both deserve more space for their fans from Brazil.

There's a market right here, and even though people might have football as a religion here, there is room for MMA, just look at how many skilled brazilian fighters you have, even in WW you have Alves for example, that did put some awesome shows, and JDS who got some highlight reels here and there, same for Vitor. Little Nog and Big Nog had some legendary wars and they are still around, and I'm not even going to mention WEC fighters.

So, is there anything really in the way of an event in Brazil? I remember Dana talking about it but suddenly he stopped mentioning it and started to talk about making MMA grow in Europe. I honestly think it's way easier to promote your sport in a country where there are several good athletes from it, showing to the public how it's done, because many of them kick **** and would be easier to market in the country where they are from.[/quote']

No athletic commission and no real order for mma in brazil. Hell Renzo got stabbed by a guy through the cage in one fight in brazil that results in a riot

No athletic commission and no real order for mma in brazil. Hell Renzo got stabbed by a guy through the cage in one fight in brazil that results in a riot

^This - Brazilians are f.cking nuts, especially when they're passionate about the sport.

There's no questioning that they produce the best fighters on the planet, but it still doesn't justify putting others at risk just to host an event there

great point, i agree with you 99.9% - How about Shogun v Silva as the headliner, hell id travel from Scotland to see that one!

brazil is the 8th largest economy in the World.

The city of S?o Paulo have the 2nd biggest helicopter fleet (private) in the world. Only NY beats SP.

Im sorry but a lot of you are real uneducated about Brazil its not like you guys think yeah there are killings and riots. But i can same the same thing about U.S i can get killed my a american kid because he was bullied his whole life in school. Come on and you guys have riots and a lot of killings.

Also, the crime argument is just as ridicolous. You guys must think that every street in Brazil is some kind of warzone with regular shootouts and kidnappings. Of course they're not gonna hold an event in the ****ing favelas, mate... Most urban areas are relatively safe for people to live in and sports events can be held no problem: they are holding the 2014 soccer world cup and the 2016 olympics there, do you seriously think they wouldn't be able to host an UFC event?

The city of S?o Paulo have the 2nd biggest helicopter fleet (private) in the world. Only NY beats SP.

Im sorry but a lot of you are real uneducated about Brazil its not like you guys think yeah there are killings and riots. But i can same the same thing about U.S i can get killed my a american kid because he was bullied his whole life in school. Come on and you guys have riots and a lot of killings.

Read this:

It's about the forementioned Sao Paulo:

The criminal threat for S?o Paulo is rated critical by the U.S. Department of State. Despite reported decreases in crime levels in the State of S?o Paulo, crime is still oppressive and widespread. Much of S?o Paulo’s crimes and violence can be attributed to mobile street gangs and organized crime groups. S?o Paulo continues to be notorious for the brazenness of certain high profile crimes and violent crimes such as murder, rape, and kidnappings. Armed assaults and burglaries continue to be a part of normal everyday life. Every S?o Paulo neighborhood is susceptible to high crime rates. Reports of armed robberies continue to occur regularly in the generally affluent residential sections of Jardins Morumbi and Santo Amaro, where a number of government and business leaders and a majority of the U.S. Consulate employees reside.

The major crimes that tend to dominate the environment in S?o Paulo and are still a serious concern to consulate employees and Americans in Brazil are "express" kidnappings, carjacking, virtual kidnapping and home invasion. Express kidnappings occur when criminals force their victims to extract their daily cash limit from an ATM machine, virtual kidnappings are a telephone scam designed to get potential victims to pay a ransom even though no one close to them has been kidnapped and home invasions involve large groups of heavily armed criminals who take over either houses or apartment complexes and rob the owners or all the occupants. Home/complex invasions usually are well planned and involve the use of a person on the inside or a scam (such as impersonating police, mail carriers, or potential homeowners) to gain easy access. Levels of gratuitous violence are on the increase and the majority of criminals use lethal weapons in the course of carrying out their activities.

The rest of the article can be found at

https://www.osac.gov/Reports/report.cfm?contentID=100410

They're not going to host an event for awhile

You want me to google crime rates in NY, LA and Vegas? Come on yeah we all know there is crime in Brazil. But i dont think the locals would organize an attack on a UFC event man do you how many events there are in Brazil? its just the UFC why do you think the UFC would be targeted?

Just because Sao Paulo has a helicopter fleet doesn't mean it is not dangerous. Sao Paulo is one of the most dangerous cities in the World....a lot more dangerous than NYC.

I'm not Brazilian. But I think they should have an event in Brazil too. It's long overdue.

Brazil is a relatively small country and it's got such a huge presence in MMA. A lot of the top fighters and champs are Brazilian. Would be no UFC w/o Brazil. Etc

But I agree with with the other guys (sort of) in the sense that there must be some practical reason why there hasn't been an event there lately (b/c on principle' date=' it should've already happened). But I don't know what the reason is.[/quote']

ummm i agree they prob will have one eventually but i am not lookin forward to it at all mostly because when thee ufc goes overseas ther are always technical difficulties and something goes wrong

and dissagree that ther would be no ufc w/o brazil lol bro ur ridiculous ther would still be ppl willing to fight any wher not jus brazil

Just because Sao Paulo has a helicopter fleet doesn't mean it is not dangerous. Sao Paulo is one of the most dangerous cities in the World....a lot more dangerous than NYC.

+1

Brazil might have great economy but they also have some of the worse cap between rich and poor. The favela's are worse then any ghetto in the u.s/canada.

Sao Paulo also has the worst airport in the world, considering the amount of crashes they have.

+1

Brazil might have great economy but they also have some of the worse cap between rich and poor. The favela's are worse then any ghetto in the u.s/canada.

Sao Paulo also has the worst airport in the world' date=' considering the amount of crashes they have.[/quote']

You know, I forgot all about Renzo getting stabbed LOL

That was a long time ago though. I think that they would be able to make the event safe these days IMO.

The main factor in them not going is the AC

I didn't bring the Helicopter fleet up to say Brazil is safe it was to say its a rich city and that a lot of its residents can afford a UFC ticket.

Some are rich...and some are poor. There are still Favelas in Sao Paulo. Also a lot gang action takes place there. Also in Brazil the more urban of an area the better chance you have of getting jacked. It happens in broad daylight....just about everyday.

I don't even believe leal lives in Brazil by this stupid post

I don't live in Brasil i live in Coconut Creek Florida i was born in Rio Dejaneiro Brasil and moved to the US when i was 9 but i visit my family every summer. And i don't see why this post is stupid its a legit post that shows a good argument. You are just a moron and your right lets not have a UFC event in Brasil because with your attitude you would be the first casualty there. Little_******

I don't live in Brasil i live in Coconut Creek Florida i was born in Rio Dejaneiro Brasil and moved to the US when i was 9 but i visit my family every summer. And i don't see why this post is stupid its a legit post that shows a good argument. You are just a moron and your right lets not have a UFC event in Brasil because with your attitude you would be the first casualty there. Little_******

see terrible job here lol.

I have many brazilian friends and more friends that have been to Brazil and they themselves say that Brazil is riddled with crime and violence among all the other problems with Brazil

UFC= a no go in Brazil.

I think the reason he says that is because it seems like you know jack about Brasil

The truth is you guys know jack about Brasil. If you guys think Brasil Can't Handle the UFC but is able to handle the Olympics and World cup just proves you guys just don't want the UFC there. But i guarantee there will be a event there and when there is you will see that all your fears and worries is nothing at all.

Im in Brazil now about to go to Ipanama beach. You guys have no clue what Brazil really is lol. UFC even is nothing compared to the World cup or Olympics.

The truth is you guys know jack about Brasil. If you guys think Brasil Can't Handle the UFC but is able to handle the Olympics and World cup just proves you guys just don't want the UFC there. But i guarantee there will be a event there and when there is you will see that all your fears and worries is nothing at all.

Im in Brazil now about to go to Ipanama beach. You guys have no clue what Brazil really is lol. UFC even is nothing compared to the World cup or Olympics.

Keep believing that then lol.

I think the reason he says that is because it seems like you know jack about Brasil

Yeah i know jack about Brasil i was born here and lived till i was 9 never saw a crime being committed, I have been coming here since i was 14 every summer for 3 months and im 24 now and have never witnessed a crime. Yeah there is crimes, murder, kidnapping but the way you guys are making it out to be is nothing the UFC should be worried about. I guarantee if theres a UFC in Brasil there wont be a crime committed.

Yeah i know jack about Brasil i was born here and lived till i was 9 never saw a crime being committed' date=' I have been coming here since i was 14 every summer for 3 months and im 24 now and have never witnessed a crime. Yeah there is crimes, murder, kidnapping but the way you guys are making it out to be is nothing the UFC should be worried about. I guarantee if theres a UFC in Brasil there wont be a crime committed.[/quote']

your probably in the rich community. Go to the heart of Brazil and see what it's really about

Yeah i know jack about Brasil i was born here and lived till i was 9 never saw a crime being committed' date=' I have been coming here since i was 14 every summer for 3 months and im 24 now and have never witnessed a crime. Yeah there is crimes, murder, kidnapping but the way you guys are making it out to be is nothing the UFC should be worried about. I guarantee if theres a UFC in Brasil there wont be a crime committed.[/quote']

Haha so if you know a lot about Brasil then stop saying its safe when it isn't.

Haha so if you know a lot about Brasil then stop saying its safe when it isn't.

Its safe enough to have a UFC event and thats my point im done talking to you guys. Until you can explain to me why its safe to have the World cup and Olympics which is 1000x bigger then any UFC event.

But I agree with with the other guys (sort of) in the sense that there must be some practical reason why there hasn't been an event there lately (b/c on principle' date=' it should've already happened). But I don't know what the reason is.[/quote']

Brazil is a relatively small country? Have you ever seen a map you stupid yank? It's a frigging huge place u dumb american.

LMFAO good 1

your probably in the rich community. Go to the heart of Brazil and see what it's really about

Exactly. I want to see him walk the streets of Recife.

There are rich/poor communities in every country..

Of course Brazil is more dangerous then USA,Canada,France, etc, but it doesn't mean you will get robbed everytime you go out.

I'm 16 and I live in Bel?m/Par?, I was born in Rio de Janeiro and moved out when I was 10, and in 10 years in RJ my mom got robbed twice(we didn't live in a rich community, but not poor either), 6 years in bel?m I've been robbed only a cellphone while leaving school, the guy ordered me to give it to him and then he got away on his bike.

The minimum salary here is around $250, an UFC ticket costs $100+, a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford it, but since an UFC in Brazil is rare, rich people would travel to watch it live for sure.

Archived