Next step for Machida

TravisG83

Retirement. The overhyped bum has been exposed as a true b-level fighter.

He'd be hard pressed to beat Keith Jardine - might as well hang em up.

Your a bum everyone gets caught, your posts are so retarded i don't know what you are doing on this forums you obviously no nothing of MMA. Im a Machida and Rua fan i didn't care who won as long as a Brazilian has the belt. Everyone loses.

hes going to have to take one or two fights to get back to a title shot again' date=' and of course depending the outcomes. and from the silence of machida i think hes still taking the loss hard. :P[/quote']

Agreed.. I see Machida as the type that takes his losses very seriously and think he will take his loss not as a defeat, but as something to learn from. Think everyone needs to know they are not invincible and Rua definitely showed him that.

I believe Machida is a great/patient fighter and his return will be slow but very well tuned.

Retirement. The overhyped bum has been exposed as a true b-level fighter.

He'd be hard pressed to beat Keith Jardine - might as well hang em up.

Retirement? Machida brought not only brought a different style of fighting (patience), but was 16-0! I have never seen opponents get so frustrated at the amount of patience Machida has in a fight. Rua is definitely a great fighter who studied Machida's patience and found out how to use it against him as a weakness.. But to say that Machida needs to hang em up is a bit pre-mature..

give the guy a break he lost for the first time and probably feels like **** about it but that doesn't mean he suck's look at his record he's ko rashad evans, thiago silva, stephan bonnar that by the way suck's, and rich franklin, and also beat b.j penn, and the ****. tito ortiz, but pretty much everybody has lost in the mma its his first soo let him whatever he needs to do so he can kick some **** again.

give the guy a break he lost for the first time and probably feels like **** about it but that doesn't mean he suck's look at his record he's ko rashad evans' date=' thiago silva, stephan bonnar that by the way suck's, and rich franklin, and also beat b.j penn, and the ****. tito ortiz, but pretty much everybody has lost in the mma its his first soo let him whatever he needs to do so he can kick some **** again.[/quote']

Well said..

not just that homie, but shogun beat him twice, and reguardless if the belt didnt switch hands the first time, machida as a person, as the guy who fought him twice, knows he lost the first time as well. and psyhcologically that gets to you, knowing the same guy took you out twice.

Thanks eselockster.. Did Machida ever make any comments about the Rua fight? Did a small bit of searching but nothing extensive.. Just curious if Machida had anything to say..

He had an interview on TV in his hometown. You can find it if you just search for something like Machida post Rua fight interview or something aloong those lines. But its in Portugese.

He pretty much says that he was prepared for the fight, but he missed with his one big shot and Rua connected with his, and that he wants to fight his way back to another title shot and hopes that Rua still has the title then.

If he is the type of fighter and champion he is made out to be, he will bounce back from this loss and come back with more fire in his gut than ever.

Next fight is a big one for him. Its to bad Lil Nog and him are both Blackhouse fighters. I would love to see that fight.

If he is the type of fighter and champion he is made out to be' date=' he will bounce back from this loss and come back with more fire in his gut than ever.

Next fight is a big one for him. Its to bad Lil Nog and him are both Blackhouse fighters. I would love to see that fight.[/quote']

they both said they would fight each other...this fight is very possible

Archived