daley case similar to marquardt?

Roads55

with Dana white saying paul daley will never compete in the ufc again, due to a strike after the fight was over this reminded me of when marquardt fought ricardo almeida and punched him in the face after being submitted. just thought this seems a bit hypocritical from dana. (i know that wasnt in the ufc but still.... that shows dana is only concerned about the image of the ufc and not mma as a whole in my opinion)

also there are other fighters in the ufc that imo shouldnt be there due to bad sportsmanship : gilbert yvel for one, anyone think of many others?

ken shamrock when he was argueing with tito..and went for him..on more than one occassion.

phil baroni - when he lost to tanner and punched the ref in the face...twice.

Both carried on competing in dana whites UFC.

ye wasnt tito provoking shamrock tho?do you mean when they were on tuf? or after the fights coz i cant quite remember it, im not saying its ok but, its not quite as bad if tito is egging him on

Gilbert Yvel smashing a ref with a tight left hook is one of the funniest things I've ever seen....and yet it is clearly the biggest display of ****baggery the sport has ever seen.

Am I wrong for laughing when I watch that clip?

as long as you feel sorry for the ref nah thats fine to laugh at ^^ i did a bit after

ye wasnt tito provoking shamrock tho?do you mean when they were on tuf? or after the fights coz i cant quite remember it' date=' im not saying its ok but, its not quite as bad if tito is egging him on[/quote']

there was one on tuf but again after tito beat belfort..in the ring when chuck and shamorock both went in. Ken went for tito and clipped him on the nose but got dragged away but staff. According to dana tho it doesnt matter if you're provoked, you should be professional. What surprises me is the fact baroni never got cut...infact after losing and smacking the ref twice in the face...he got a rematch lol.

babalu is another one when he held on to the choke after the ref had called it' date=' but im sure i've seen other ppl do that before in the ufc ( cant remember who) and fight again.[/quote']

yeah i think he got cut...but that may have been at the meeting with dana after where babalu gave his reason for doing it as..'the guy needed to learn respect' lol

Gilbert Yvel smashing a ref with a tight left hook is one of the funniest things I've ever seen....and yet it is clearly the biggest display of ****baggery the sport has ever seen.

Am I wrong for laughing when I watch that clip?

I've just watched it for the first time. I was wrong, Daley is clearly the Prince of Dooshbaggery, all hail King Gilbert.

with Dana white saying paul daley will never compete in the ufc again' date=' due to a strike after the fight was over this reminded me of when marquardt fought ricardo almeida and punched him in the face after being submitted. just thought this seems a bit hypocritical from dana. (i know that wasnt in the ufc but still.... that shows dana is only concerned about the image of the ufc and not mma as a whole in my opinion)

also there are other fighters in the ufc that imo shouldnt be there due to bad sportsmanship : gilbert yvel for one, anyone think of many others?[/quote']

Marquardt said he was out of it and thought that Ricardo just lost the hold. He got a kick in the face from Renzo for it.. oh wait, should we not allow Renzo to fight in the UFC either?

with Dana white saying paul daley will never compete in the ufc again' date=' due to a strike after the fight was over this reminded me of when marquardt fought ricardo almeida and punched him in the face after being submitted. just thought this seems a bit hypocritical from dana. (i know that wasnt in the ufc but still.... that shows dana is only concerned about the image of the ufc and not mma as a whole in my opinion)

also there are other fighters in the ufc that imo shouldnt be there due to bad sportsmanship : gilbert yvel for one, anyone think of many others?[/quote']

it wasnt just that he punched kos in the face after the fight it was also because of his response when dana asked him about it........ im happy they cut daley he deserves it dude knew wat he had goin for him hes a grown man he knows wtf hes duin

it wasnt just that he punched kos in the face after the fight it was also because of his response when dana asked him about it........ im happy they cut daley he deserves it dude knew wat he had goin for him hes a grown man he knows wtf hes duin

yes i completely agree he should of been cut, but there have been other cases where no such action has been taken. if others havent been cut then im not sure if daley should be. also imo a factor that led to it was the strikeforce brawl the other month and dana didnt think SF were strict enough with there punishment.

Archived