Hey Dana... Meet Anderson Silva

VapinNilla

He's good. He's real good. Matter of fact, he's the greatest fighter in the world, and more likely than not, we're going to look back at his career and say he was the greatest fighter in history.

He punches, he kicks, he has incredible take-down defense, and he's absolutely volatile on the ground in the time that we've seen him.

So what's the problem?

He's too good.

You're "embarrassed" by his performances? Why? He destroys people and mocks them mid-fight. He finished 9 of his last 11 fights according to UFC.com. Until the end of 2008, no one had made it out of the 2nd round with him. You want him to finish fights? Quit putting him against the likes of Thales Leites, who spent the fight lying down hoping that Anderson was stupid enough to lay down on top or him. Or Damian Maia who is a ground fighter and with a shot to take the belt, was too scared to force the action or leave it all in the cage.*

Anderson Silva is not in the UFC because it pays him the most (although that is probably a nice perk). He's here because you have staked your reputation on signing the best fighters in the world. He's here because he knows that to be the best, you have to beat the best. He's here because YOU have the power to find fighters to push him, and to challenge him. You know who has failed here? YOU. You have failed to find him a good challenge. You have failed to live up to the reputation that claims that you find fighters their best opponents. You failed to live up to the standard that you yourself precedented by making every fight a good one because both fighters have a chance. Well, not anymore. Because you dont have an answer for Silva. He's just THAT good.

You know who seemed to have a good chance to take Silva down? Henderson, but Silva capitalized the first opportunity he got and finished the fight. You know had the mental drive to beat Silva? Henderson. I'm not saying that your decision to let Henderson go was right or wrong. I do not know what he asked of you to stay, but I think a rematch would have counted for a lot on both ends. A rematch would have gotten you a fight worth watching. A fight that would have challenged Silva. And a fight that would have lowered Henderson's monetary request.

Bottom line though is that YOU, Dana White, and the UFC have never seen anything like Anderson Silva before. And at the moment, you don't know what to do with it. But I'll tell you what I would do, for as little as that may matter. You keep him around. He's going down in history. You find him better fights while he's still young enough. And you milk it. He's here to perform against the best. He's not scared. And he's begging you. Showing you that you have not even come CLOSE to the challenges he requires. Rise to the occasion Dana. Get it right. Save your reputation that you can get the best fighters in the world to fight for you. Because Silva's the best. And you are failing him... And you are failing your fans.

a.silva is the best...i disagree with a hendo rematch, especially since the shields match....and also even tho a.silva is so great he should imo destroy the guys who dont have a chance with him in the first seconds of a fight not dance around because "their not good competition" a.silva is tainting his career as much as dana not letting him move up a weight class....

wow, how nonsensical, and over thought, -_- .. i am going to guess and im 100% right you arent in any kind of sport be it mma or even chess..lol because if you were you'd understand playing into your strenght, leites was a huge bore for falling down over and over, but the guy was playing his technique, i blame silva for not pushing the action.

and the ufc has seen guys like silva before, he was royce gracie. and eventually just like how people figured out how to beat him, silva will meet his antagonist as well. :P

He's good. He's real good. Matter of fact' date=' he's the greatest fighter in the world, and more likely than not, we're going to look back at his career and say he was the greatest fighter in history.

He punches, he kicks, he has incredible take-down defense, and he's absolutely volatile on the ground in the time that we've seen him.

So what's the problem?

He's too good.

You're "embarrassed" by his performances? Why? He destroys people and mocks them mid-fight. He finished 9 of his last 11 fights according to UFC.com. Until the end of 2008, no one had made it out of the 2nd round with him. You want him to finish fights? Quit putting him against the likes of Thales Leites, who spent the fight lying down hoping that Anderson was stupid enough to lay down on top or him. Or Damian Maia who is a ground fighter and with a shot to take the belt, was too scared to force the action or leave it all in the cage.*

Anderson Silva is not in the UFC because it pays him the most (although that is probably a nice perk). He's here because you have staked your reputation on signing the best fighters in the world. He's here because he knows that to be the best, you have to beat the best. He's here because YOU have the power to find fighters to push him, and to challenge him. You know who has failed here? YOU. You have failed to find him a good challenge. You have failed to live up to the reputation that claims that you find fighters their best opponents. You failed to live up to the standard that you yourself precedented by making every fight a good one because both fighters have a chance. Well, not anymore. Because you dont have an answer for Silva. He's just THAT good.

You know who seemed to have a good chance to take Silva down? Henderson, but Silva capitalized the first opportunity he got and finished the fight. You know had the mental drive to beat Silva? Henderson. I'm not saying that your decision to let Henderson go was right or wrong. I do not know what he asked of you to stay, but I think a rematch would have counted for a lot on both ends. A rematch would have gotten you a fight worth watching. A fight that would have challenged Silva. And a fight that would have lowered Henderson's monetary request.

Bottom line though is that YOU, Dana White, and the UFC have never seen anything like Anderson Silva before. And at the moment, you don't know what to do with it. But I'll tell you what I would do, for as little as that may matter. You keep him around. He's going down in history. You find him better fights while he's still young enough. And you milk it. He's here to perform against the best. He's not scared. And he's begging you. Showing you that you have not even come CLOSE to the challenges he requires. Rise to the occasion Dana. Get it right. Save your reputation that you can get the best fighters in the world to fight for you. Because Silva's the best. And you are failing him... And you are failing your fans.[/quote']

If Silva fought closer to his natural weight he'd have plenty of good competition. He knows he can dominate MW, and that there are many guys at LHW who would crush him.

The only reason Anderson acted the way he did against Maia, and even Forrest, is that he is trying to mimic his idol, Roy Jones Jr. It's all an act........

If Silva fought closer to his natural weight he'd have plenty of good competition. He knows he can dominate MW' date=' and that there are many guys at LHW who would crush him.[/quote']

Hence why he is trying to move up.

i am going to guess and im 100% right you arent in any kind of sport be it mma or even chess..lol because if you were you'd understand playing into your strenght' date=' leites was a huge bore for falling down over and over, but the guy was playing his technique, i blame silva for not pushing the action.[/quote']

You're 100% wrong in theory, logic and in your guess. When the clock is ticking down and your team is ahead in the NBA, you push the action? No, you milk every second of the shot clock you can. You dont attack, because you dont have to. You defend. No one defends better than Silva. And you're right, Leites was playing his strength, and he was by no means a match for Silva, one of the greatest take-down defense fighters that the world has ever seen. He laid on the ground hoping rather than pushing a fight that he knew he was behind in. He needed to attack to win. He HAD to score points or he lost, and choosing to lay on your back is NOT a way to score points, and because of that, he lost, as he deservingly should have. If you are behind, and you dont fight to make up ground, then you are not fighting to win. And on the personal note, I play hockey.

You win race after race and then that gives you the right to make fun of everybody else in the game.

No' date=' but it gives you the right to do what you need to do to find competition... REAL competition because your boss refuses to get you any. He's showing YOU, and hes showing ME that he's bored, that he needs something else because we are the driving force behind Dana White. Because WE write his paychecks. Silva needs US to make sure Dana gets him good fights.

a.silva is the best...i disagree with a hendo rematch, especially since the shields match....and also even tho a.silva is so great he should imo destroy the guys who dont have a chance with him in the first seconds of a fight not dance around because "their not good competition" a.silva is tainting his career as much as dana not letting him move up a weight class....

And I agree and disagree with you. I'm not saying that a Henderson rematch is a great matchup... I just think that it was the best Dana had to offer, and he let it slip away. And on another note, I dont think Anderson Silva is dancing necessary to disrespect the fighters directly, but rather to say to Dana, "Look at what you are putting in front of me rather than allowing me to move up a weight class or finding me better competition. Look at what you are subjecting these fighters to by pitting them against me in a cage." Now, I'm not saying that it is a classy thing to do. But I DO think that he is trying to send a message to Dana in a more public way because Dana has not heard his pleas when asked directly.

Why is it that people talk trash day in and day out and no one cares, even when more often than not, those guys lose. But Anderson Silva gets crucified because he destroys opponents and talks trash IN THE RING where they have a chance to do something about it. Isn't it more classy to "let your fighting do the talking"? Isnt that what he's doing?

He's good. He's real good. Matter of fact' date=' he's the greatest fighter in the world, and more likely than not, we're going to look back at his career and say he was the greatest fighter in history.

So what's the problem?

He's too good.

Bottom line though is that YOU, Dana White, and the UFC have never seen anything like Anderson Silva before. And at the moment, you don't know what to do with it. But I'll tell you what I would do, for as little as that may matter. You keep him around. He's going down in history. You find him better fights while he's still young enough. And you milk it. He's here to perform against the best. He's not scared. And he's begging you. Showing you that you have not even come CLOSE to the challenges he requires. Rise to the occasion Dana. Get it right. Save your reputation that you can get the best fighters in the world to fight for you. Because Silva's the best. And you are failing him... And you are failing your fans.[/quote']

Best post i have ever read regarding Anderson Silva! Agreed 100% good post man!

If Silva fought closer to his natural weight he'd have plenty of good competition. He knows he can dominate MW' date=' and that there are many guys at LHW who would crush him.

The only reason Anderson acted the way he did against Maia, and even Forrest, is that he is trying to mimic his idol, Roy Jones Jr. It's all an act........[/quote']

maybe he should be into acting then ;)

Anderson is still behind Fedor in greatness

Anderson is still behind Fedor in greatness

Fedor is the only person worth arguing against Silva, so I will not deny that you make a valid point for argument, however, I still have doubts about Emelianenko against the likes of someone as large as Lesnar. He just doesnt seem as "untouchable" as Anderson Silva.

so basically your saying ' date=' your in a fight with a boxing k.o champion, you have no experience in boxing, your going to trade punches and get demolished??? yeah.. i thought so.. -_- .. your point is not making it across.[/quote']

Exactly if Leites and Maia wanted to take the fight to the ground TAKE Anderson down don't lay on your back and hope he is dumb enough to try and push the fight on the ground. Just like they didn't want to push where Anderson is strong Anderson does not want to go to the ground with BJJ experts of the likes of Maia and Leites. Anderson is like GSP but with striking.

so basically your saying ' date=' your in a fight with a boxing k.o champion, you have no experience in boxing, your going to trade punches and get demolished??? yeah.. i thought so.. -_- .. your point is not making it across.[/quote']

So you're saying that you're in a fight and losing and your going to lay down on your back and that's your winning strategy? I'm sorry, but you're not even worth arguing with until you start to make sense. This is a fight. Not a napping contest. If you get up and TRY, then you can hope he makes a mistake. If you lay on your back, the fights already over. The only point you make is that he's good on the ground... Well, get better at making sure your opponent is on the ground with you... You're only solidifying my argument that Leites NEVER HAD A CHANCE.

Thanks for stopping by, the big boys would like to speak now.

YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!

For Christ's sakes Anderson told everyone why he danced around Maia... because as the champion, with the records he holds in the UFC and the overall career that he has had, he felt he was not respected for that, and consequently, that he was disrespected by Demian. He stated he did not want to finish the fight, he wanted to punish Maia and make him feel vulnerable in every position the fight went to. He felt disrespected, not bored. He wasn't even supposed to fight Demian.

We all know that this sport is not about respect for each other, but when someone hands you a chance at the title because someone had to pull out, you better be grateful and respectful for that opportunity, especially against a guy like Silva.

A Silva is set to face Sonnen and then Belfort and then he can move to 205, so Dana has given him an ultimatum, and I think a fair one: clean out your division completely and I'll give you the chance to hold two consecutive simultaneous titles.

Y'all need to quit lookin so deeply into this and listen to the people you're trying to analyze. They lay it all out for you on a platter in interviews and as fans you all think that there is some greater deeper meaning behind all of it.I think UFC fans are the ones who are bored, Not Silva.

So you're saying that you're in a fight and losing and your going to lay down on your back and that's your winning strategy? I'm sorry' date=' but you're not even worth arguing with until you start to make sense. This is a fight. Not a napping contest. If you get up and TRY, then you can hope he makes a mistake. If you lay on your back, the fights already over. The only point you make is that he's good on the ground... Well, get better at making sure your opponent is on the ground with you... You're only solidifying my argument that Leites NEVER HAD A CHANCE.

Thanks for stopping by, the big boys would like to speak now.[/quote']

Man you own at making sense i agree with every post you make.

Anderson is a great fighter but in is last fight at MW he gas out and didnt try to finish is fight who is sad .

What the F*^% are you sayin dude? what fight were you watching? We're arguing about Anderson mocking his opponent, not gassing out. I've NEVER seen Anderson gas, at least not in the UFC.

P.S. what the hell does "didn't try to finish is fight who is sad." ? That's not even grammatically correct dumba$$

YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!

For Christ's sakes Anderson told everyone why he danced around Maia... because as the champion' date=' with the records he holds in the UFC and the overall career that he has had, he felt he was not respected for that, and consequently, that he was disrespected by Demian. [/quote']

While I don't entirely disagree with what all you said, I think you are taking a much bigger issue and over-simplifying it because of one statement after one fight. I think that he does take the respect issue very seriously, as many people considered Silva one of the most humble fighters in the UFC until late.

However, Dana has condemned Silva for his performances, and has gone as far as to say he will fire him if he does the same in his next fight.... Does that sound like a fair chance after winning your last 11 fights (ALL of your fights in the UFC)? Sounds like he should already own the right to move up.

This thread is weak. First saying that Anderson has the best takedown defence, I would like to remind everone about Mr. Lutter. Got him down got the mount and then gassed like a *****, But the point is he postured and landed. That is why Chael has a great shot, Beacuse Anderson's weak spot is the ground game. What needs to happen is get a more well rounded fighter (i know people will disagree) But if Bisping was in there, he has enough stand up and great GnP that he would be the style to beat Anderson (I'm not saying Bisping will beat AS, just saying that his style is what is needed). Anderson has shown he is great on his feet but he lost the first to Dan, when the fight went to the ground. Wrestling is the style to beat him and I hope, not saying it's going to happen, that Sonnen gives him a wake up call. Doesn't even have to win, but just expose that hole. And I love how people are like, Dana put him against Mia. Well Vitor was out with an injury and Sonnen ( the next in line) was out too, so thats like Crosby taking a penelty shot against a third string goalie from the minors with no chance to look at game film. No **** Mia didn't belong, But right when he pushed the pace in the last round Anderson didn't know what to do. He is used to having time and picking he shots. Mia ran in and hit him a few and gave Anderson fans a scare. Anderson is not this god people think he is, and Dana is doing the right thing by controling him and not letting him run free.

Anyone can lose, Anderson has competition left in the MW division, and with Chael's wrestling and heart, plus Vitor's speed and striking, Anderson won't be able to dance like a clown in these upcoming fights. And a true fighter, Like Fedor and GSP, fight where the fight goes. It's not this, the guy is on his back and I can finish, but... I have a weaker ground game then him so I'll help him up instead. You're angry at a guy for saying you have no BJJ skills and you want to shut him up, then why not jump on the opportunity when the guy falls on his back. Jump on him, GnP him and then show him that BJJ he's been hiding for his fighting carreer. Anderson isn't a rounded fighter, He is a clown... Couldn't even figure out how to choke out Lutter when he had a deep triangle, Good BJJ skills my ****. He has no ground game therefore will never be considered the best all around fighter.

VapinNilla... Maybe you should get off this forum, It's for real men who know about MMA

Hence why he is trying to move up.

You're 100% wrong in theory' date=' logic and in your guess. When the clock is ticking down and your team is ahead in the NBA, you push the action? No, you milk every second of the shot clock you can. You dont attack, because you dont have to. You defend. No one defends better than Silva. And you're right, Leites was playing his strength, and he was by no means a match for [b']Silva, one of the greatest take-down defense fighters that the world has ever seen[/b]. He laid on the ground hoping rather than pushing a fight that he knew he was behind in. He needed to attack to win. He HAD to score points or he lost, and choosing to lay on your back is NOT a way to score points, and because of that, he lost, as he deservingly should have. If you are behind, and you dont fight to make up ground, then you are not fighting to win. And on the personal note, I play hockey.

No, but it gives you the right to do what you need to do to find competition... REAL competition because your boss refuses to get you any. He's showing YOU, and hes showing ME that he's bored, that he needs something else because we are the driving force behind Dana White. Because WE write his paychecks. Silva needs US to make sure Dana gets him good fights.

And I agree and disagree with you. I'm not saying that a Henderson rematch is a great matchup... I just think that it was the best Dana had to offer, and he let it slip away. And on another note, I dont think Anderson Silva is dancing necessary to disrespect the fighters directly, but rather to say to Dana, "Look at what you are putting in front of me rather than allowing me to move up a weight class or finding me better competition. Look at what you are subjecting these fighters to by pitting them against me in a cage." Now, I'm not saying that it is a classy thing to do. But I DO think that he is trying to send a message to Dana in a more public way because Dana has not heard his pleas when asked directly.

Why is it that people talk trash day in and day out and no one cares, even when more often than not, those guys lose. But Anderson Silva gets crucified because he destroys opponents and talks trash IN THE RING where they have a chance to do something about it. Isn't it more classy to "let your fighting do the talking"? Isnt that what he's doing?

I would have to disagree with that statement. Anderson does not have the greatest TDD in any way. Lutter took him down FFS! Then mounted him but couldnt finish. Just because his opponents have less than average TD's, or dont use them at all, doesnt mean he is one of the greatest TDD fighters the world has ever seen. I do agree that Anderson is one of the p4p best however.

So you're saying that you're in a fight and losing and your going to lay down on your back and that's your winning strategy? I'm sorry' date=' but you're not even worth arguing with until you start to make sense. This is a fight. Not a napping contest. If you get up and TRY, then you can hope he makes a mistake. If you lay on your back, the fights already over. The only point you make is that he's good on the ground... Well, get better at making sure your opponent is on the ground with you... You're only solidifying my argument that Leites NEVER HAD A CHANCE.

Thanks for stopping by, the big boys would like to speak now.[/quote']

i never said leites stood a chance, and your missing the whole point of silva lacking aggressiveness, last time i checked he wasnt ahead in shist in the leites match when leites began using his giving birth methods.

maybe you should cut off that supply of silva's planters nuts, and see from both sides.. thank you come again

YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!

For Christ's sakes Anderson told everyone why he danced around Maia... because as the champion' date=' with the records he holds in the UFC and the overall career that he has had, he felt he was not respected for that, and consequently, that he was disrespected by Demian. He stated he did not want to finish the fight, he wanted to punish Maia and make him feel vulnerable in every position the fight went to. He felt disrespected, not bored. He wasn't even supposed to fight Demian.

We all know that this sport is not about respect for each other, but when someone hands you a chance at the title because someone had to pull out, you better be grateful and respectful for that opportunity, especially against a guy like Silva.

A Silva is set to face Sonnen and then Belfort and then he can move to 205, so Dana has given him an ultimatum, and I think a fair one: clean out your division completely and I'll give you the chance to hold two consecutive simultaneous titles.

Y'all need to quit lookin so deeply into this and listen to the people you're trying to analyze. They lay it all out for you on a platter in interviews and as fans you all think that there is some greater deeper meaning behind all of it.I think UFC fans are the ones who are bored, Not Silva.[/quote']

His idea of disrespect was Maia saying that he felt he had the advantage against Silva's ground game. If he wanted to teach Maia a lesson so bad he should have submitted him then. Anderson is a jerk and extremely arrogant. Not to mention, his idea of teaching Maia a lesson was running away and losing the last 2 rounds and taking punches to the head (because whatever you fanboys say, he gassed out).

VapinNilla... Maybe you should get off this forum' date=' It's for real men who know about MMA[/quote']

"One of" does not constitute my vote for THE GREATEST.

Second of all, you are completely disrespecting Silva's ground game. No, he does not always have the advantage on the ground, but you are missing my point. My point is that his ground game is probably the most underrated in the UFC. To say that he is anything short of "Very Good" on the ground is to be ignorant. Lutter is FANTASTIC, so the fact that you present ONE fight to back up your statement against arguably the best ground fighter he's faced voids your entire argument.

i never said leites stood a chance' date=' and your missing the whole point of silva lacking aggressiveness, last time i checked he wasnt ahead in shist in the leites match when leites began using his giving birth methods.

maybe you should cut off that supply of silva's planters nuts, and see from both sides.. thank you come again[/quote']

Lol. This fool over here.

I would have to disagree with that statement. Anderson does not have the greatest TDD in any way. Lutter took him down FFS! Then mounted him but couldnt finish. Just because his opponents have less than average TD's' date=' or dont use them at all, doesnt mean he is one of the greatest TDD fighters the world has ever seen. I do agree that Anderson is one of the p4p best however.[/quote']

Lutter was considered one of the best ground fighters in the weight class at that time... So i dont get your analogy.

His idea of disrespect was Maia saying that he felt he had the advantage against Silva's ground game. If he wanted to teach Maia a lesson so bad he should have submitted him then. Anderson is a jerk and extremely arrogant. Not to mention' date=' his idea of teaching Maia a lesson was running away and losing the last 2 rounds and taking punches to the head (because whatever you fanboys say, he gassed out).[/quote']

+1

"One of" does not constitute my vote for THE GREATEST.

Second of all' date=' you are completely disrespecting Silva's ground game. No, he does not always have the advantage on the ground, but you are missing my point. My point is that his ground game is probably the most underrated in the UFC. To say that he is anything short of "Very Good" on the ground is to be ignorant. Lutter is FANTASTIC, so the fact that you present ONE fight to back up your statement against arguably the best ground fighter he's faced voids your entire argument.[/quote']

1 Lutter is not Fantastic, If he were, then he would still be in the UFC. Remember the arm bar he went for on Franklin who got out of it... If he was that good and had an arm like that, then Rich shouldn't have benn able to get out of it like he did. And what I was saying (i'll simplify it for you) Is if he has such a great ground game like you claim, he would not be affraid of running in for the opportunity of top position. The thing is, his ground game isn't that great and he's knows it. Sure say you can be in there with the best of them, but if you talk the talk you should walk the walk... Anderson likes to talk about his ground game, but it's funny that we don't see it... Was that clear enough for you or should I make a pop up book so it's closer to your IQ level.

1 Lutter is not Fantastic' date=' If he were, then he would still be in the UFC. Remember the arm bar he went for on Franklin who got out of it... If he was that good and had an arm like that, then Rich shouldn't have benn able to get out of it like he did. And what I was saying (i'll simplify it for you) Is if he has such a great ground game like you claim, he would not be affraid of running in for the opportunity of top position. The thing is, his ground game isn't that great and he's knows it. Sure say you can be in there with the best of them, but if you talk the talk you should walk the walk... Anderson likes to talk about his ground game, but it's funny that we don't see it... Was that clear enough for you or should I make a pop up book so it's closer to your IQ level.[/quote']

Pop-up books are nice... They illustrate exactly what Anderson has done when he's been on the ground in the UFC. Say what you will, but he's been to the ground, you even claim yourself that his TDD is not that great, which i disagree. So if he cant defend the take down, then he must be on the ground a lot, which brings me to my next point... He does well while he's down there, because he's still undefeated in the UFC.

Pop-up books are nice... They illustrate exactly what Anderson has done when he's been on the ground in the UFC. Say what you will' date=' but he's been to the ground, you even claim yourself that his TDD is not that great, which i disagree. So if he cant defend the take down, then he must be on the ground a lot, which brings me to my next point... He does well while he's down there, because he's still undefeated in the UFC.[/quote']

Machida... Thats pretty much all I have to say to your argument... Sht on the ground, but, he was undefeated until recently, where Shogun didn't even beat him on the ground. His TDD is not great... Great TDD is GSP or BJ Penn. Fighters who push the pace and are in close when the guy grabs a hold of them but still keep them from getting taken down. Anderson likes to be chased. He walkes backwards until there is an opening and strikes with the best percision in the sport. But this is hard to take him down when he litterally runs away. Thats why Chael will be a real test. He knows that he won't take down AS if he shoots from across the octagon, so he's playing the dirty boxing game and he's going to put Anderson against the fence and be in close... Thats where we'll see if Anderson has real TDD or not. So far all i've seen is him run away from TD's that are from frustated fighters who are weak in the stand up

I think the issue that Dana has mentioned is that (example Forrest and Maia) often Silva could end the fight quickly and impressively instead of wasting time with showboating. I think most fans would rather see him end it in a no nonsense manner in under a minute than to mess around and eventually put them out of there misery. I think embarrassing your opponent by whoop'n em in short order is awesome but embarrassing them by mocking them for a round or two is not cool.

So what's the problem?

He's too good.

I agreed with everything you said except for the part where you'd push a rematch with Henderson because I'm so sick and tired of hearing about that. Hendo got beat by Shields that's enough for me. Stop jumping all around about the fact the man won 1 round for **** sakes. Will anyone ever admit that this wasn't a close fight? Will anyone admit once and for all that Hendo, like every fighter that preceeded him against Silva in the UFC, did NOT make it through the 2nd round? What's so exceptionnal about him. All he could do is get side control and land a couple of hammer fists. he didn't do anything. He just happened to win a round because he managed to take Silva down ONCE what's the big deal. Many other fighters have taken Silva down and Luter even mounted him.

Jee. can we stop. been saying this 100 times.

What the F*^% are you sayin dude? what fight were you watching? We're arguing about Anderson mocking his opponent' date=' not gassing out. I've NEVER seen Anderson gas, at least not in the UFC.

P.S. what the hell does "didn't try to finish is fight who is sad." ? That's not even grammatically correct dumba$$[/quote']

anderson clearly gassed in the match with maia, after rd 3 he was slower in reacting to punches and notice the swag was lack luster, i guess you just focused on silva the whole time in a loving gaze to notice anything else..

and bob speak's perfect english, quit being ignorant. :P

First off, let me say HUGE Spider fan.Yes he should've finished Maia, but as Thiago Alves, and a couple other fighters have said, you can't go into a title fight and not try to take the belt.If Maia wanted that belt go and take it, if you get ko'd, atleast you tried and got ko'd; but don't keep pulling guard and hope he comes to you.

2nd, Joe Rogan even said Silva took the Lutter fight 11 weeks after surgery on BOTH knees, and said after the fight he could barely walk around.

I just like seeing all these people hate on a champ that can finish a fight if his opponent actually tries to fight him, but love a champ that tries to **** a guy on the ground; and is obviously scared to stand, but then says he believes his stand-up is better...

silva is the best ever. no one will ever pose a threat,dana should give him more respect and maybe others will consider silva as the best also. he needs to stand behind his d*** champion. he is still winning and making ufc alot of money so he should shut up and deal wit it. i think dana is a smart man but bad mouthing the best champ ever is not a good look. you dont see strikeforce promoters talking crap about fedor or anybody over there, and the strike force fighters are not even great just average fighters. holla

Archived