Who is the Greatest Of All-Time?

Exodus9mm

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a poll on who you think is the greatest MMA fighter of all-time. Make your selection and write a blurb about why you think so....if you choose 'OTHER'' date=' let us know who you think.

Cheers[/quote']

Fedor by a landslide. No one has the fire he has, the heart he has, and the success he has.

Until someone proves otherwise (If Fraidor let's them) It's Fedor, but he's losing credibiliy every week that goes by that he isn't putting his rep against the current best fighters. I don't care about what he did, either retire or fight the best of the best to keep your status. When you stop testing yourself against the best of the best then you stop proving you are the top of the heap.

Fraidor is a couple of month away from losing that top spot in my eyes.

Here's a poll on who you think is the greatest MMA fighter of all-time. Make your selection and write a blurb about why you think so....if you choose 'OTHER'' date=' let us know who you think.

Cheers[/quote']

Фёдор Владимирович Емельяненко .. ( no blurb needed )

fedor-contest.jpg

Until someone proves otherwise (If Fraidor let's them) It's Fedor' date=' but he's losing credibiliy every week that goes by that he isn't putting his rep against the [b']current best fighters[/b]. I don't care about what he did, either retire or [B]fight the best of the best to keep your status. When you stop testing yourself against the best of the best then you stop proving you are the top of the heap.[/b]

Fraidor is a couple of month away from losing that top spot in my eyes.

fedor is a great fighter and was a the best back in the day off all time implies hes fighting the best right now and winning and he isnt doing either

fedor is a great fighter and was a the best back in the day off all time implies hes fighting the best right now and winning and he isnt doing either

tell us who is ?

Win Demian Maia Decision (Unanimous) UFC 112 - Invincible 4/10/2010 5 5:00

Win Forrest Griffin KO (Punch) UFC 101 - Declaration 8/8/2009 1 3:23

Win Thales Leites Decision (Unanimous) UFC 97 - Redemption 4/18/2009 5 5:00

Win Patrick Cote TKO (Knee Injury) UFC 90 - Silva vs. Cote 10/25/2008 3 0:39

Win James Irvin KO (Punches) UFC - Fight Night 14 7/19/2008 1 1:01

Lay off the crack dude.....what do you mean he isn't winning? Guy hasn't lost.

Werdum is as credible an opponent in the world of MMA, as any of the UFC top HW's.

tell us who is ?

Anderson is fighting the best that Middleweight has.....However Fedor isnt fighting the best that HW has because he's not in the same company....If you really think Strikeforce has better competition at HW than the UFC does you're mistaken.

Lay off the crack dude.....what do you mean he isn't winning? Guy hasn't lost.

Werdum is as credible an opponent in the world of MMA' date=' as any of the UFC top HW's.[/quote']

verdum is at the very bottom of top ten hws and i meant he isnt winning against top guys..like top 5...and yea he has lost once...i know its controversial coz of how he lost but fact is his record has one loss

tell us who is ?

andrson is trying to fight the best...he wants to move up to be challenged but dana wont let him....thats better than choosing to fight at a smaller promotion so its highly unlikely you will be challenged at all (chough)fedor(cough)

i like how rogers lost twice now and all of a sudden hes not credible?? when before he was the up and coming next big thing.. cough bandwagon jumpers cough..

i think though yeah fedor isnt in the ufc, its hard to tell just how top level hes fighting, but you cant knock 32-1.. -_- plus if you've seen any of his matches against tough fighters, its not fluke wins.

but i had to go with my boy BASS.. who knows how great he could have been if not for that damn knee.. :(

Anderson is fighting the best that Middleweight has.....However Fedor isnt fighting the best that HW has because he's not in the same company....If you really think Strikeforce has better competition at HW than the UFC does you're mistaken.

velasquez & dos santos are seriously unproven, lesnar & carwin have ridiculously shallow records >

end of story for the UFC

Werdum

Overeem

Silva

Barnett

Got to be Fedor. He, unlike greats like

Nogueira

W.Silva

Cro Cop

Sakuraba

Chuck Liddell

Royce Gracie

Matt Hughes

MMA has moved on, leaving all of them behind. But not Fedor. He is the only one to be classes as one of the best of all time, and still one of the best today.

velasquez & cain are seriously unproven' date=' lesnar & carwin have ridiculously shallow records >

end of story for the UFC

Werdum

Overeem

Silva

Barnett[/quote']

I love how you forgot to put JDS in there....And did you really say Cain Velasquez twice?......****ing Fedor fans always trying to twist words around lol

Werdum, Overeem and Barnett are as credible as any 3 man combo you can come up with in the UFC. In my opinion, moreso.

I love how Carwin knocking out 2 guys, 1 not even a top 10....elevates him to elite HW status. I love how Velasquez beating 2 guys, 1 not even a top 10.....elevates him to elite HW status.

LOL, you people are hilarious.

Would they be entertaining fights? Sure they would. Does Fedor have to fight these guys to prove his worth? GTFO.....

Matt Hughes. Most wins in the UFC, 2 x 6 win streak in the UFC, 2 x NCAA Div 1 All American, pro record of 44-7-0, defeated the legend that is Royce Gracie (before you say it, I know Gracie wasn't in his prime but I don't care) greatest ever escape from a triangle, awesome standing rear naked on Trigg.

Nuff said.

Werdum' date=' Overeem and Barnett are as credible as any 3 man combo you can come up with in the UFC. In my opinion, moreso.

I love how Carwin knocking out 2 guys, 1 not even a top 10....elevates him to elite HW status. I love how Velasquez beating 2 guys, 1 not even a top 10.....elevates him to elite HW status.

LOL, you people are hilarious.

Would they be entertaining fights? Sure they would. Does Fedor have to fight these guys to prove his worth? GTFO.....[/quote']

barnett isnt in top ten according to sherdog yet carwin and velasquez are high in that list...

That was an illegal strike. And losing via submission is a whole different ballpark than losing via illegal strike in a tournament format.

I agree with this...But come on Exodus!....A middleweight, a way past their prime Sylvia and Arlovski, and Choi.....Thats 4 of Fedor's last 5 fights....Do you really think he is gonna stay on top forever fighting guys like that?

Fedor has to be Fedor

I aint even a fan but it has to be Fedor

dont care what anybody has to say we will see if anderson is the greatest when he gets a win streak of 27

I would have Voted Big Nog hes my fav but it simply not true

Big Nog is one of the best of all time but not the greatest of all time

Its gotta be Fedor' date=' tough to argue against someone who has never been KO'ed, TKO'ed, submitted or lost a decision in 30+ pro fights.[/quote']

his one loss is officially ruled a tko(doctor stoppage) i know it was an illegal strike but thats what it says officially.....just like how bonnar got headbutted and cut and it got ruled tko

I think they're all good choices and you could probably give arguments for any one of them why they're the best. Me personally, I have to go with Fedor.

Anderson Silva is great and looks like he's godly, but the man has some losses, one in particular is pretty embarassing, and all his losses came before he came to the UFC.. Wanderlei was a god among his time, but has been losing recently and needs to get back into the game. Same for Mirko and Nog, these two need to make adjustments and start destroying people again. But Fedor has been dominant ever since his introduction. He's never been defeated (has a single loss yes, but has never been "defeated") in over thirty fights. He doesn't seem to feel any pain and doesn't show any emotion in the ring/cage. It's mysterious.

Bas Rutten, however, is a badass. I would have loved to see him continue fighting. You could also maybe make a case for Rickson Gracie, as he was one of the greatest during his time until he retired from fighting.

I know Ex is very knowledgeable, but I don't understand why he did not put Randy on the list. Although Randy does not have a flashy record, the manner in which he beats his opponents at such a late stage in an MMA career should be noted and count for something.

I would say he deserves a mention at least...

I know Ex is very knowledgeable' date=' but I don't understand why he did not put Randy on the list. Although Randy does not have a flashy record, the manner in which he beats his opponents at such a late stage in an MMA career should be noted and count for something.

I would say he deserves a mention at least...[/quote']

Randy didn't make the grade. I'd have him in the Top 15, but probably not 10. You could make a case to have him at the 10 spot, but I felt he wasn't quite there.

Archived