Sign in to follow this  
mrslant

Rampage Fans: Are you Scared of Rashad's Training Camp?

OK number 1 rampage here.....im almost too scared to watch teh fight 'cause i dont think i can stomach rampage losing to rashad. (yes call me a fanboy).

anyways, after watching ufc primetime, is anyone else scared of rashad's camp? i feel like the difference of science, method and technique are 10x better for rashad's camp...

i know a lot of you will say dont worry all that fitness and conditioning wont help rashad's chin but seriously....as much as i hate to say it, rashad looks GSP-esque....

im just hoping for a 1st rd ko for rampage, ala rampage vs silva 3.

Yep. Probably am more concerned with Rashad's camp than Rashad himself.LOL

By the way, I was watching the Rampage vs. Jardine fight rerun earlier and Rampage was fast enough to catch up with Jardine running around the cage. Maybe Rampage will be fast enough to stay with Rashad's prancing.

I have to agree he looks a lot like GSP in his training methods. All I saw was Rampage training his hands and Rashad training takedowns. Makes me a little nervous that this fight will be just like Rashad vs Thiago Silva.

i am concerned. i want to see rampage pulverize rashad, but i fear that's just not going to happen.

i'm no expert, but i think training at wolfslair was a bad decision. i'm think he should have gone up to AKA perhaps? seems to be lots of wrestlers out there. but again, i'm no expert and certainly not as knowledgeable on the camps.

i hope rampage still remembers all his wrestling.

When was the last time you saw Rampage taken down and kept there?

Did you see it with Henderson, who is a better wrestler than Evans? No because as Rampage has said himself, he had a wrestling base from college, and anyways he doesn't like to use his wrestling for anything other than defence.

He likes to keep the fans entertained, and that's exactly what we're going to see tomorrow.

Rashads camp does look good but Rampage is a warrior he knows what hes doing. Hes going into this fight 100% prepared

Even if rashad takes him down a few times hes not going to be able to hold Rampage down we all know that.

I have to agree he looks a lot like GSP in his training methods. All I saw was Rampage training his hands and Rashad training takedowns. Makes me a little nervous that this fight will be just like Rashad vs Thiago Silva.

rampage is a way better wrestler than thiago silva is i think it would be alot harder to take rampage down

Yes, Rashad's camp looks to be a big weapon but imho it's Rashad's only advantage. It's like Rampage said Rashad is not a fighter like Rampage is. I still don't think just the camp can make that much difference especially after seeing what Rashad did with T. Silva. He may take Rampage down but I don't see him taking him down at will like he did T. Silva. If Rampage hurts him like T. Silva did Rampage has more of a killer instinct than T. Silva demonstrated against Rashad.

OK number 1 rampage here.....im almost too scared to watch teh fight 'cause i dont think i can stomach rampage losing to rashad. (yes call me a fanboy).

anyways' date=' after watching ufc primetime, is anyone else scared of rashad's camp? i feel like the difference of science, method and technique are 10x better for rashad's camp...

i know a lot of you will say dont worry all that fitness and conditioning wont help rashad's chin but seriously....as much as i hate to say it, rashad looks GSP-esque....

im just hoping for a 1st rd ko for rampage, ala rampage vs silva 3.[/quote']

I dont know why ur worried, it looks like 1 guy is actually training 4 a fight and the other looks like he wants to attempt to do every track event possible.

Yes' date=' Rashad's camp looks to be a big weapon but imho it's Rashad's only advantage. It's like Rampage said Rashad is not a fighter like Rampage is. I still don't think just the camp can make that much difference especially after seeing what Rashad did with T. Silva. He may take Rampage down but I don't see him taking him down at will like he did T. Silva. If Rampage hurts him like T. Silva did Rampage has more of a killer instinct than T. Silva demonstrated against Rashad.[/quote']

Pretty much I don't see him being able to hold Rampage down.

Yes' date=' Rashad's camp looks to be a big weapon but imho it's Rashad's only advantage. It's like Rampage said Rashad is not a fighter like Rampage is. I still don't think just the camp can make that much difference especially after seeing what Rashad did with T. Silva. He may take Rampage down but I don't see him taking him down at will like he did T. Silva. If Rampage hurts him like T. Silva did Rampage has more of a killer instinct than T. Silva demonstrated against Rashad.[/quote']

yeah right what are these Rashad fan talking about...Rampage dose not like Rampage...people dont call him rampage! this men is really mad at Rashad. Rashad on the other hand know's this, thats why Rashad is playing the Mind game's and trying to break him but its not working.. Rampage is going to KIll Him remember " He Die" ...! Rampage has been in the Game for a long time now and the only person to broke rampage in 1/2 and kick his **** out the right was..who Shogun Rua....this is a big fight and Rashad know this b/c this is the 1.000.000 doller fight and he is set for life and rich now...rampage has been rich and go money in the bank. Rampage dont care about the money he going to make a point and he wants his belt back....but watch the next big fight Rampage VS Shogun Rua...watch mark my words

Yes' date=' Rashad's camp looks to be a big weapon but imho it's Rashad's only advantage. [b']It's like Rampage said Rashad is not a fighter like Rampage is.[/b] I still don't think just the camp can make that much difference especially after seeing what Rashad did with T. Silva. He may take Rampage down but I don't see him taking him down at will like he did T. Silva. If Rampage hurts him like T. Silva did Rampage has more of a killer instinct than T. Silva demonstrated against Rashad.

gsp is more of an athlete than he is a fighter along with brock lesnar yet they are both champions in the ufc. this being said i still have no idea who is going to pull out the victory tomorrow.

I just hope the LVPD have their TAZERS fully charged for Jackson's inevitable mental breakdown after he loses this fight :)

Yeah, I agree.. Rashad by KO!

gsp is more of an athlete than he is a fighter along with brock lesnar yet they are both champions in the ufc. this being said i still have no idea who is going to pull out the victory tomorrow.

I agree totally but the thing is GSP and Lesnar rely on lack of opponent's ability to defend their take downs. I don't see Rashad taking Rampage down more than once twice maybe if at all where as GSP and Lesnar will do so repeatedly whenever however they want! Like Rampage said, people forget his old fights where he's defended the take downs by far superior wrestlers.

Honnestly I can't help myself but thinking that the lack of training may very well be the reason why no brit or UK guys hold the title. I had the same impression when I watched the primetime for GSP vs Hardy. They would show GSP with his intense and polyvalent training then show Hardy trade some punches with the pads.. Every episode I was like omg man.. can't be serious. You'd see GSP training and it was all serious, hardcore and well thought. Hardy was training like a backyard punk.

Now we see Rampage going at wolf's lair and what do we see.? a very, very poor training camp compared to what Rashad is doing. Honnestly, say what you want about Rashad's chin. I do believe that his chin is far from being what Rampage's chin is, but you can't say conditionning doesn't help. GSP's athleticism is a huge asset to him and it will be the same for Rashad. He will be at 100% efficiency from the beginning til the end.

Keith Jardin had the same camp and got beat. Nate had the same camp and got beat, the Jackson camp is not having a good year. Anyhow Rashad does have a better camp but it's not as much of a deal breaker as many think. The one thing stuck in my mind from primetime is how Rashad keep saying how the sparing in his camp is soo tough it's gonna make the fight itself feel like a cake walk. Well the difference is guys and Jardin and Nate / GSP aren't in there to hurt him, Rampage IS. I think Rashad is scared and placing too much on his camp rather than trying to rise to a new level AT the fight.

I'm more worried about rampages camp tbh.

'Page was asked a good question on MMALive, about how he decided to go to england to train when he knew he was fighting a man who is primarily a wrestler. He said(as he has numerous times) "I got a wrestling background, I don't need to worry about that".

I think he does. Having a background in it is great and all, but uhh... You lose your ability and skills if you don't constantly train them. Even if he CAN stuff the takedown, will his clinch/wrestling be good enough to stop rashad from just wearing him down ala cpt. america style?

'Page is/was a great wrestler. In Highschool. And yea, he has defended a lot of takedowns. But todays MMA(IE the GsP era) wrestlers and tactics are drastically different than what he may of been used too. GSP has proven that atheleticism and wrestling can defeat nearly anyone on their own. I think this fight will demonstrate if that tactic can work at a larger weight class.

Case in point; He can talk about all the training he has received from wrestlers in his latest camp, and all his "experience" with it, but you can be DAMNED sure that the question of whether he really can "wrastle"(as he puts it) will be answered about 30 seconds into the fight.

Pudgy?

You are aware 'Page was well over 250 like 3 months ago:P

what does Rashad's body fat have to do with Rampage? and Rashad is a soft LHW...

I was insinuating that you are bias'd towards your 2nd favorite fighter.

Also, what bodyfat are you refering to mate? Only thing I can think of is the excess water weight that a lot of fighters build up to over-hydrate their muscles the week prior, to help with the dehydration that they will face when cutting.