no hype for diego sanchez fight tomorrow?

JUSTSCRAP33

personally i think thats some serious BS...gatekeeper? diego is a beast, he's proven that many times before. I agree he has yet to prove himself against the best of the best but the kid is still a contender, i still rank him top 10 in WW or LW...he's lost to only KOS,fitch and bj..if he fails against hathaway i'll agree with u ok but at the minute he's no gatekeeper..

personally i think thats some serious BS...gatekeeper? diego is a beast' date=' he's proven that many times before. I agree he has yet to prove himself against the best of the best but the kid is still a contender, i still rank him top 10 in WW or LW...he's lost to only KOS,fitch and bj..if he fails against hathaway i'll agree with u ok but at the minute he's no gatekeeper..[/quote']

Agreed. Diego is one of my favorite fighters because he brings it every time, and he's got a bottomless gas tank. He's a top 5 LW, top 10 WW for sure.

Agreed. Diego is one of my favorite fighters because he brings it every time' date=' and he's got a bottomless gas tank. He's a top 5 LW, top 10 WW for sure.[/quote']

I might could see diego being #10 but any higher than that is a big no

edit: atleast for now, we shall see if he changes any views in his up coming fight..

personally i think thats some serious BS...gatekeeper? diego is a beast, he's proven that many times before. I agree he has yet to prove himself against the best of the best but the kid is still a contender, i still rank him top 10 in WW or LW...he's lost to only KOS,fitch and bj..if he fails against hathaway i'll agree with u ok but at the minute he's no gatekeeper..

Clay Guida should be on that list imo

u think clay beat diego in their fight? after that horrific beating clay took in the first and did manage to hold diego to the ground in the second and third...u think that won him the fight? u think holding someone to the mat wins him the fight? im pretty sure diego hit him more off his back then clay did on top...easily diego took that fight..i was disappointed he couldnt finish. Now what id like to see is diego/florian2..

personally i think thats some serious BS...gatekeeper? diego is a beast' date=' he's proven that many times before. I agree he has yet to prove himself against the best of the best but the kid is still a contender, i still rank him top 10 in WW or LW...he's lost to only KOS,fitch and bj..if he fails against hathaway i'll agree with u ok but at the minute he's no gatekeeper..[/quote']

you don't understand what a gatekeeper is. That stop the lesser fighters to make it to a title fight, the guys that do beat him get title shots and he never has a chance at being champ.

Diego now is what Frank Trigg was in 2004

Diego is not as big a contender at WW' date=' healthy or not... I don't know anything about John Hathaway either..[/quote']

JOHN'S a good fighter 12-0 5 ko's 3 sub's 4 decision's! im not sure if this is a bit early for him to fight someone like diego! but after the beating D took from Blow Job it might be just the right time!

Wouldn't this basically make him a gatekeeper then.... Losing one fight doesn't put you into gatekepper status IMO, this comes from not being able to beat top guys, but being able to put on good fights with the up and comers. He is expected to win, yet at the same time, people will question whether he will or not.

why hype a gatekeeper?

personally i think thats some serious BS...gatekeeper? diego is a beast' date=' he's proven that many times before. I agree he has yet to prove himself against the best of the best but the kid is still a contender, i still rank him top 10 in WW or LW...[b']he's lost to only KOS,fitch and bj[/b]..if he fails against hathaway i'll agree with u ok but at the minute he's no gatekeeper..

diego is not a gatekeeper. the guy has only lost to top notch competition. the guy has lots of heart and i expect him to climb back up the ladder to title contention.

i personally think he can beat KOS and fitch...prob not gsp or bj but he can beat most of the top guys at 170...i think a good test if he beats hathaway is see where his strength is at by putting him against a Anthony johnson or a pual daley.Diego is so stubborn to use his wrestling that he will stand with either of those 2... I remember diego said he lacked size while at 170..well i dont see how things changed...i think he should of stayed at 155. i dunno i guess we'll see tomarrow. i think diego has the skill and is a great figher..and i cant see how someone like hathaway who is a UD winner in 2 out of his 3 fights can outskill diego sanchez for 3 rounds..aint going to happen..for sure he cant finish diego..

Kos couldnt finish diego, Fitch couldnt finish diego..and BJ only finished diego because of a cut...now u think hathaway can...pssh nope!

Diego is not as big a contender at WW' date=' healthy or not... I don't know anything about John Hathaway either..[/quote']

not heard of hathaway? time to open your eyes. the world is not all about mediocre north american fighters. i bet you have heard of brilz, lauzon, riley, jensen. diego should be too experienced for hathaway but don't be surprised if he springs a shock in this 1. he has a solid ground game (not as good a grappler as diego) and could outmuscle him in the end.

This is why i said Diego needs to stay at 155!!! so he dont have that problem or maybe he needs to pull a anthony johnson and drop to 145?? haha naw he is best at 155' date=' and a contender..unless somehow he can gain some serious muscle like never before..[/quote']

i think he might have been better staying at LW i don't ever see him beating BJ but he had a good chance against evryone else in the division, their are a bunch of WW's though he wouldn't stand a chance with.

yeah i do wonder sometimes! never fancied my sister but apparently a lot of the people on here seems like their dads did! has to be the explanation for the amount of stupidity!

LMAO! Little Kang is right, you people must not know what a gatekeeper is. Don't get me wrong Diego is a beast and has beaten good competition, but has lost to the top guys. Therefore, at this point in his career he is a gatekeeper. I really don't understand why people are arguing otherwise.

you sir are an idiot and if I had the power I would ban you just for this stupid post.

haha haters will be haters im going to be laughing when in a year or two he is at the top of the division again. you forget he is still young. i find it funny when people talk ish behind their computer screen. lol

Well i think your right...hathaway is an up and comer and diego isnt which classifys him as a gatekeeper but i highly doubt if diego wins this fight tomarrow will he fight another up and comer...i think i was trying to say he is still top 10 in WW or LW and if he has to be a gatekeeper for one fight so be it..let me ask u this question though...Was KOS a gatekeeper the first time he fought Paulo Thiago? probably but he was still top 10 as a gatekeeper!

It isn't hyped because he isn't fighting a well known fighter, John Hathaway? Diego even said it himself he has no idea who he really is. I think this is a gimmie fight for Diego after that beating BJ put on him he needs his confidence built back up.

i know a reason...everyone likes to be the first one to give an undefeated fighter his first loss..That and diego has to start somewhere, there not going to put him against a serious contender after his last loss to BJ And his last 2 fights at WW were losses..i really think he had no choice

After he beats hathaway the'll put him right back in the mix of contenders and theres alot of potential great fights for diego if he wins...but he has alot 2 prove, i said it before..his strength will play a big roll on wheather he can get to the top...i just dont think he's got it at 170

After he beats hathaway the'll put him right back in the mix of contenders and theres alot of potential great fights for diego if he wins...but he has alot 2 prove' date=' i said it before..his strength will play a big roll on wheather he can get to the top...i just dont think he's got it at 170[/quote']

he wont win against Hathaway.....Fact!

not heard of hathaway? time to open your eyes. the world is not all about mediocre north american fighters. i bet you have heard of brilz' date=' lauzon, riley, jensen. diego should be too experienced for hathaway but don't be surprised if he springs a shock in this 1. he has a solid ground game (not as good a grappler as diego) and could outmuscle him in the end.[/quote']

John is the best fighter coming up out of the UK right now - he's solid on the ground, good stand up and he'll out wrestle and slam anyone in this weight class - Easy!

TKO 2nd round - Win for 'Hitman' Hathaway - He Will remain undefeted!

Gatekeeper? I don't think so. He has much to prove as he's still young. The man's got skill, heart and killer instinct. I agree WW is a bit too tough for him, but he has a great wrestling base, quick transitions, can stand and bang, can sub you, and take you down. He has a lot of skills. BJ fu*ked him up in the first round reallllly bad, and he never recovered. Besides, BJ was on point that night, and no one was going to stop him. If he can't hang with the WW's over the next 3 or 4 fights, once he gets some better guys, then yes, I believe he's a gatekeeper, but I wouldn't label him just yet.

Archived