Red Dead Redemption or UFC 2010?.. Or both?

2below

I'm going to buy a game today after work and I'm not sure which one I want more. I have read reviews for both and it seems to be that Red Dead is the superior game by far. I definitely want to buy both of these games and I might actually just do that; however, I'm leaning toward just buying 1 today.

Can anyone offer some insight and give your opinion on which game you would buy? I love westerns and I know Red Dead is going to be absolutely sickening; whereas, the things I've heard about UFC 2010 have worried me thus far.

Red Dead Redemption is a very sweet game, the online free roam is epic. It can be frusterating at times in public free roam if your trying to complete challenges and somone rides up and kills you. Competitive online takes some time to get used to but its still very fun. The story itself is worth the buy id say, its alot more than just GTA with horses. I havent played the UFC 10 game yet so I cant say first hand, but ive heard alot of ups and downs. The downs being the change in controls and the easy submissions as well as the CAF Career. I had to pick, and I chose RDR, and im happy with it. Hope that helps.

i'm going to repost this as to what i said in another thread

On Red Dead: "i played this for about 30minutes at my cousins. it was PS3, which i have Xbox, however i got used to the controls pretty quickly. ran up on this guy online at a camp in some mountains, and opened fire. we were just bucking mad shots at eachother across range for about 2minutes, but he was definitely eating all my bullets, i wasn';t getting hit due to superior aim & movement. he ran, got on a horse and ran even more. I felt satisfied as i scared away an online player in free roam 1 minute into picking up the controller for a system i don't use lol

loved the wild animal attacks. went hunting, got some kills, got killed by some cougars & bears. a pack of wolves attacked my donkey. i started random fights, got a bounty on my head and killed everyone that came to collect

was a pretty damn fun game, might buy that & say **** Undisputed2010 with all these complaints im hearing."

not a huge sample, i've only played Ps3 Red Dead for 30minutes & Xbox Live UFC demo a bunch of times, so i can't properly choose, but i'm considering getting both aswell

It depends what you're looking for. Red Dead Redemption has a lot of new things that you may not have seen in previous 3rd person shooters. From what I've read and heard from friends who purchased the game, it is very original and has plenty of action to keep you engrossed in the game.

As far as UFC 2010 goes, I'm not one to be bashing the game, especially on the UFC Forums... but as far as I'm concerned, THQ and the UFC dropped the ball. Sure, the game looks awesome, and there are quite a few new positions and moves that will make you say wow. However, the biggest problem that I remember from UFC 2009 was the horrible online play. The setup was ridiculous, with "game no longer available" appearing more time then a viable host. The lag in game was just as bad, at times making the game unplayable. Fast forward to UFC 2010, and the setup is the exact same with a different graphic user interface. Really, I don't see how they could have ignored all the complaints to reproduce the same ridiculous online play for their users. Unless they release a patch or something along those lines, don't expect to get the online play out of UFC 2010 that you would get out of Red Dead Redemption.

Just my two cents.

let me just make it simple for you bro. ufc undisputed sucked since 2009 and 2010 isnt any different. red dead is a game you can play nonstop and you still have plenty more to do...which means you will not get bored after the first day as you will with undisputed. red dead is fawkin awesome buy it. i got bored of gta4 pretty quick i dont know why for some reason it wasnt like the old ones...but red dead my friend is buckin sick!!

I'm going to buy a game today after work and I'm not sure which one I want more. I have read reviews for both and it seems to be that Red Dead is the superior game by far. I definitely want to buy both of these games and I might actually just do that; however' date=' I'm leaning toward just buying 1 today.

Can anyone offer some insight and give your opinion on which game you would buy? I love westerns and I know Red Dead is going to be absolutely sickening; whereas, the things I've heard about UFC 2010 have worried me thus far.[/quote']

i got them both the day they came out

Red dead redemption is fun it gets kinda repetitive but you can play online so thats a plus

UFC2010 is fun to but the online is wicked laggy

Was not a big fan of the UFC demo nor RDR. I'm selling my RDR on ebay if you want to bid on it. I thought it was mediocre. GTA4 in the west. Same clunky, unresponsive combat, same unoriginal revenge story R* has used in every game since GTA Vice city. Go buy ME2 instead.

This is an update on my problem.

I ended up caving in and buying both while I was out. I originally went for UFC only but when I saw Red Dead on the shelf I had to grab it as well. I am so glad I grabbed RDR while I was there because so far I am not impressed with UFC 2010. It feels like the same game just with a beefed up roster. The career mode is nothing to marvel over and the online is too laggy. Red Dead Redemption, repetitive at times, definitely eclipses UFC. I haven't even gotten to RDR's online multiplayer yet either, and I guess that its supposed to be phenomenal.

RDR FTW

This is an update on my problem.

I ended up caving in and buying both while I was out. I originally went for UFC only but when I saw Red Dead on the shelf I had to grab it as well. I am so glad I grabbed RDR while I was there because so far I am not impressed with UFC 2010. It feels like the same game just with a beefed up roster. The career mode is nothing to marvel over and the online is too laggy. Red Dead Redemption' date=' repetitive at times, definitely eclipses UFC. I haven't even gotten to RDR's online multiplayer yet either, and I guess that its supposed to be phenomenal.

RDR FTW[/quote']

yup i have both have bearly played ufc. i think rdr is the best game ive ever played

Archived