Americans

slapped_meat

A question to you from the usa (well anywhere but the prog i saw was about the usa) I was watching tv and it was on about life in the states and stuff, it then went on to say that around 60% of americans had never been to the beach. Would you say that's about right? I can see how because the usa is so bloody huge and if you live in the middle somewhere and aren't too well off then it must be a challenge to get there. Just feels strange cos you can drive from south england to northern scotland in about 10hrs here...coast to coast.

Just wondering...who here has never been to the beach? (my nearest is about 7 miles away)

Houston' date=' tx-been more than i can remember. Sorry op-i know you said who hasn't lol[/quote']

lol no worries, all it was being asked for is that i was watching this documentary about the best drives in the world...the USA was on it and they were driving round somewhere and the road stretched for effin miles, they said about 60% of residents have never made it to the coast. The drive amazed me....one roadside sign had something like 960miles to the next town, cant remember the name. Over here in the UK i live in the east and in 960miles of driving west i'd be floating in the sea, well into the sea lol. They reckon this road in australia would span from south england to northern scotland...the 2 furthest points in Britain...it puts into perspective how small the UK actually is. I just thought it was a shame if all those people had never made it to the coast, surely they should make seeing the ocean a basic human right or something lol.

Tons of us Americans havnt been to the beach mainly the hicks if you ask me. I live in California and I have been to most states and there is really only a few I really like going to. This is on topic because they are all broke and wait for their wellfare checks but they spend it on fried chicken and cigarettes too quick to plan a vacation. Unless airlines and hotels accept food vouchers most Americans will continue to not see the beach.

Tons of us Americans havnt been to the beach mainly the hicks if you ask me. I live in California and I have been to most states and there is really only a few I really like going to. This is on topic because they are all broke and wait for their wellfare checks but they spend it on fried chicken and cigarettes too quick to plan a vacation. Unless airlines and hotels accept food vouchers most Americans will continue to not see the beach.

So if I said it was mainly blacks who wait for their welfare check to spend it on crack and and colt 45 you would throw a fit right?.....Just wanted you to know that you sound like a ****ing idiot, But im sure your mother will have to tell you that since she's typing everything you say, because im positive you're to ****ing stupid to know how to read or write.

Have a good day!

So if I said it was mainly blacks who wait for their welfare check to spend it on crack and and colt 45 you would throw a fit right?.....Just wanted you to know that you sound like a ****ing idiot' date=' But im sure your mother will have to tell you that since she's typing everything you say, because im positive you're to ****ing stupid to know how to read or write.

Have a good day![/quote']

UHHHH of course I would throw a fit? Is that a serious question? I dont want tax dollars being spent on Crack? I dont know if I should be insulted by being called stupid by obviously someone who doesnt use common sense or not be insulted because he really just doesnt know what hes talking about. I am saying in my experiences when I went to Southern states the people there if they had jobs they werent very good ones and couldnt afford to drive/fly to a beach.

After re reading your post I dont know if your assuming I am black but I am actually not I am 100% white so I am making sure your not trying to insult me by reffering to black people.

UHHHH of course I would throw a fit? Is that a serious question? I dont want tax dollars being spent on Crack? I dont know if I should be insulted by being called stupid by obviously someone who doesnt use common sense or not be insulted because he really just doesnt know what hes talking about. I am saying in my experiences when I went to Southern states the people there if they had jobs they werent very good ones and couldnt afford to drive/fly to a beach.

After re reading your post I dont know if your assuming I am black but I am actually not I am 100% white so I am making sure your not trying to insult me by reffering to black people.

No im saying you're ****ing stupid for stereotyping people...My post was meant to stereotype a group to show you how ****ing stupid you sound...You know what nevermind, your useless.

No im saying you're ****ing stupid for stereotyping people...My post was meant to stereotype a group to show you how ****ing stupid you sound...You know what nevermind' date=' your useless.[/quote']

Hicks

?noun

1.an unsophisticated, boorish, and provincial person; rube.

I was saying these people "hick" people arent going to be going because they are worthless which is kind of the definition. I wasnt stereo typing its an obvious statement just like me being like stupid people(including you) wont go to harvard.

Hicks

?noun

1.an unsophisticated' date=' boorish, and provincial person; rube.

I was saying these people "hick" people arent going to be going because they are worthless which is kind of the definition. I wasnt stereo typing its an obvious statement just like me being like stupid people(including you) wont go to harvard.[/quote']

Oh! Im sorry. Did you go to Harvard?

Oh! Im sorry. Did you go to Harvard?

Thats really what you get out of the statement? Also no I dont I go to SDSU which granted isnt as good but I am sure its better than any "Hick" school you will go to.

It was an analogy D U M B A S S I didnt say only stupid people dont go to Harvard I just said your stupid so I highly doubt you have gone or will go to Harvard or any prestigious school for that matter.

Thats really what you get out of the statement? Also no I dont I go to SDSU which granted isnt as good but I am sure its better than any "Hick" school you will go to.

It was an analogy D U M B A S S I didnt say only stupid people dont go to Harvard I just said your stupid so I highly doubt you have gone or will go to Harvard or any prestigious school for that matter.

You say stupid people wont go to Harvard....So by your own admission you're stupid because you didnt go to Harvard...Plain and simple....Oh and btw slick, I grew up in the country and I loved it...so while "hick" may be an insult to your California hippie ****** loving ****....I take it as a great compliment.

I've never been to a beach.

My case is the opposite: I practically grew up on a beach after I moved to a place surrounded by beaches and I live in a condo that has a beach down the street ... And I hate beaches! But I guess I am on the wrong thread ... My bad!

So you're basically trying to say that people from the south are stupid' date=' right? Hmmm, my salary and degree would like to have a talk with you. :rolleyes:[/quote']

So you can judge someones intelligence by their salary? I can obviously tell your from the south from that statement.

Paris Hilton makes alot of money.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I find it ironic you guys are saying I am reffering to the "south" all I said is hicks which I stated the definition of earlier.

You say stupid people wont go to Harvard....So by your own admission you're stupid because you didnt go to Harvard...Plain and simple....Oh and btw slick' date=' I grew up in the country and I loved it...so while "hick" may be an insult to your California hippie ****** loving ****....I take it as a great compliment.[/quote']

First off of course hick is an insult and you reffering to your self as one only further proves my point on your intelligence level.

Also I am only going to explain this one more time ok? I said stupid people dont go to Harvard I didnt say everyone who doesnt go to Harvard is stupid see the difference? This is like trying to explain Calculus to a mentally challenged Chinese baby.

So you can judge someones intelligence by their salary? I can obviously tell your from the south from that statement.

I find it ironic you guys are saying I am reffering to the "south" all I said is hicks which I stated the definition of earlier.

No, jacka$$. Paris Hilton's father makes a lot of money. He is a brilliant business mind. Generally your salary does display your intelligence, because you have a higher capacity of learning than a burger flipper. I also love that you targeted the part about my salary, and ignored the part about the degree, or maybe even the second one I'm working on currently.

You have made sweeping generalizations about the south in your previous posts. That is why "us people" are refering to your ignorance. Yankee.

No' date=' jacka$$. Paris Hilton's father makes a lot of money. He is a brilliant business mind. Generally your salary does display your intelligence, because you have a higher capacity of learning than a burger flipper. I also love that you targeted the part about my salary, and ignored the part about the degree, or maybe even the second one I'm working on currently.

You have made sweeping generalizations about the south in your previous posts. That is why "us people" are refering to your ignorance. Yankee.[/quote']

Paris Hiltons father does make a lot of money, but Paris herself makes more money than any body you have ever met.

No' date=' jacka$$. Paris Hilton's father makes a lot of money. He is a brilliant business mind. Generally your salary does display your intelligence, because you have a higher capacity of learning than a burger flipper. I also love that you targeted the part about my salary, and ignored the part about the degree, or maybe even the second one I'm working on currently.

You have made sweeping generalizations about the south in your previous posts. That is why "us people" are are refering to your ignorance. Yankee.[/quote']

There is obviously "Hicks" in all states I simply said why most Americans dont go the beach I was giving reasons why they dont go to the beach and I was making a joke if you will on the people on wellfare by stating airlines dont accept food stamps.

Of course I will not acknowledge your "degree" arguement because its a silly Elementary school arguement one example of intelligence doesnt mean the hole general population isnt a "hick". We can play that game all night long I can be like well! Someone in China's Ghetto's taught him self Calculus so they must be over flowing with intelligence over there see isnt it silly?

There is obviously "Hicks" in all states I simply said why most Americans dont go the beach I was giving reasons why they dont go to the beach and I was making a joke if you will on the people on wellfare by stating airlines dont accept food stamps.

Of course I will not acknowledge your "degree" arguement because its a silly Elementary school arguement one example of intelligence doesnt mean the hole general population isnt a "hick". We can play that game all night long I can be like well! Someone in China's Ghetto's taught him self Calculus so they must be over flowing with intelligence over there see isnt it silly?

There are just as many people in the northern parts of the US on welfare, so your point is moot. You made a sweeping generalization about a specific group of people. That being "southerners," but you honestly think you haven't done anything wrong. If it was a joke, it was a tasteless one.

That is probably true. i wish I could have a billionaire father' date=' and then get rich off of being in a sex tape and being stupid. :P[/quote']

Well, it worked for her. Now every time someone brings up her sex tape, which i'm sure half of the teenage population has seen and fantasized over, she can just laugh at them and drive away in one of her many Lambos. You can't blame her.

There are just as many people in the northern parts of the US on welfare' date=' so your point is moot. You made a sweeping generalization about a specific group of people. That being "southerners," but you honestly think you haven't done anything wrong. If it was a joke, it was a tasteless one.[/quote']

No it wasnt a joke the only part that was a joke was the part where I said buy airlines with food stamps. Lets just say not many other groups of people are known for marrying their sibilings.

You have made sweeping generalizations about the south in your previous posts. That is why "us people" are refering to your ignorance. Yankee.[/quote']

How many retards does it take to learn how to spell "referring?"

I guess it depends if it has to be salt water beach or just a fresh water lake beach.

I'm from the middle of the U.S.A... South Dakota to be exact. The first house I grew up in was right across the street from the public beach. I have also swam in the ocean and got stung by a jellyfish. Good times.

I guess it depends if it has to be salt water beach or just a fresh water lake beach.

I'm from the middle of the U.S.A... South Dakota to be exact. The first house I grew up in was right across the street from the public beach. I have also swam in the ocean and got stung by a jellyfish. Good times.

Did you pour pee on the sting? I had to piss on my brothers back when we went swimming in Chorpis Christi as kids. He went underwater and came up to the surface with a jelly fish basically sitting squarely in the middle of his back. I'm not quite sure if it actually worked, but I thought it was pretty entertaining to piss on his back.

been to florida many times' date=' atlantic and gulf of mexico, been deep sea fishing off the atlantic..I am from Atlanta[/quote']

I am from Atlanta as well. I have been to many different beaches.

From Southern Fla to Va. Beach. And most points between.

Also been to the beach in Puerto Rico and a couple Virgin Islands.

I go to the beach almost daily. I live in Michigan, right on lake michigan, so yeah, I go there quite a bit.

As far as 60% who haven't seen it...doesn't surprise me. And for the moron who said it was hicks...you do realize that there are 49 other states other than california right? Most of them have no coast...if you looked at a map you would know that.

In my opinion, its mostly city people who probably haven't been to a beach. US is huge, 3000 + miles from coast to coast. Most of the city slickers haven't spent more than a day outside of the concrete jungle. Thats my thought. The "hicks" mostly have been to a beach of some sort, since they do enjoy outdoor activities like fishing...and in order to fish you have to have water...

the stupidity of people absolutely amazes me sometimes.

But to the OP, yes, I go to the beach often.

Archived