4. Cain Velasquez

5. Junior Dos Santos

6. Alistair Overeem

7. Frank Mir

8. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

9. Fabricio Werdum

10. Brett Rogers

(according to MMAweekly)

Ok, a few things, number 1, this is NOT a bash on fedor page. Just a general couple of questions.

1, why is brock lesnar ranked number 2 only nearly every single top10 list? Is it because he is the champion of the ufc?

Reasoning: Overreem is the champ of SF, and admittedly, SF HW division isn't as stacked, but I feel like the champ of argueably the 2nd best organization in the business should be higher than number 6.

Now, you can't really say that he is so low because he hasn't fought for awhile, cause neither has Fedor(and I will leave it at that). You can't argue that it is because he doesn't exactly have a perfect record, since brock has 80% W/L ration, with Overeem having 73% W/L ratio. (over nearly x10 the amount of fights in multiple divisions).

So why so low?

2. I know that velasquez and dos santos are in title contention in the UFC. But does that actually make them top 10 in the world?

It seems like for a FEW fighters in the top 10 spot, they are judged based on their W/L record, and others on the amount of hype they have currently.

Anyone that could shed some light on how the ranking system is actually produced would be appreciated. Cause atm, I only really see a way of getting people to notice those that the promotions will be using to sell PPVs.

Cheers

1. Fedor (Not for much longer)

2. Carwin (12-0, destroyed Mir much faster than Brock did, 1-0 against Mir, Brock is 1-1)

3. Brock (UFC Champ)

4. Junior Dos Santos (11-1, Destroyed his opponents better than Velasquez)

5. Cain Velasquez (8-0, KO'd Nog)

6. Allistir Overeem (SF Champ, Destroyed Rodgers much faster than Fedor)

7. Frank Mir

8. *** Nog

Meh?

I think it will be common agreement that Fedor will lose the CURRENT best HW spot after UFC 116

mir is 13-5

herring is 28-14

randy is 18-10

So yea, quite a few people have beaten those guys.

Also, brock is 1-1 with Mir. I don't care that he was winning the fight up to teh sub, he still lost.

But yea, lets get off whether brock is good or not. My issue is with the ranking system, not brock.

mir is 13-5

herring is 28-14

randy is 18-10

So yea' date=' quite a few people have beaten those guys.

Also, brock is 1-1 with Mir. I don't care that he was winning the fight up to teh sub, he still lost.

But yea, lets get off whether brock is good or not. My issue is with the ranking system, not brock.[/quote']

Fedor is 1-1 with Kohsaka. I think Mir is better than him.

1. Fedor (Not for much longer)

2. Carwin (12-0' date=' destroyed Mir much faster than Brock did, 1-0 against Mir, Brock is 1-1)

3. Brock (UFC Champ)

4. Junior Dos Santos (11-1, Destroyed his opponents better than Velasquez)

5. Cain Velasquez (8-0, KO'd Nog)

6. Allistir Overeem (SF Champ, Destroyed Rodgers much faster than Fedor)

7. Frank Mir

8. *** Nog

Meh?

I think it will be common agreement that Fedor will lose the CURRENT best HW spot after UFC 116[/quote']

Why velasquez and dos santos above Mir though? Mir has beaten Nog too... So... If you are placing Cain that high on that one win

I agree with Carwin as number 2 though.

mir is 13-5

herring is 28-14

randy is 18-10

So yea' date=' quite a few people have beaten those guys.

But yea, lets get off whether brock is good or not. My issue is with the ranking system, not brock.[/quote']

My post.

Why velasquez and dos santos above Mir though? Mir has beaten Nog too... So... If you are placing Cain that high on that one win

Guess because Cain is undefeated....

But its not like there is much space between #5 and #7

Overeem and Mir could even switch, who knows, But I do think that Til Cain is beaten, he is above Mir

Overeem and Mir could even switch' date=' who knows, But I do think that Til Cain is beaten, he is above Mir[/quote']

Touche.

based on who he's fought and what he's done over his career and the fact that he still hasn't been beaten in god knows how long. i think it still has to be fedor. although, once brock shane and the new crop heavy weight contrenders start fighting each other. he'll be over shadowed prety quickly.

as it stands the HW divison in the UFC is about to explode with tallent. some of them might even be beat fedor if they fought him, but their records aren't good enough at the minute to be concidered better.

so i'm gonna say number 1 is fedor. and the next bunch of guys its a toss up which of them diserves to be where on the list. the next year should answer that question though.

Brock

carwin

JDS

valasquez

overeem

mir

Overeem and Mir could even switch' date=' who knows, But I do think that Til Cain is beaten, he is above Mir[/quote']

I think until Cain fights someone else besides Nog, Mir should be ahead. You shouldn't get bonus points for fighting weak fighters.

here's my opinion:

i agree with everything except i think carwin is ahead of lesnar.

lesnar vs mir = 1-1, carwin vs mir = 1-0

*Adv. Carwin*

lesnar def. Herring, carwin defeats gonzaga

IMO gonzaga > herring = *Adv. Carwin*

Lesnar def. Couture, and a no name. Carwin defeats 10 or so no-names

*Adv. Carwin* -> you can't honestly tell me that a win over an older randy is more than defeating 10 various no names in impressive fashion

Lesnar 4-1 (3 win by ko/tko, 1 win by decision)

Carwin 12-0 (various ko/tko and submissions in the first round)

*Adv. Carwin*

overall i think carwin should be ranked higher, the only thing brock might have more of than carwin is hype, but even thats debatable

I think until Cain fights someone else besides Nog' date=' Mir should be ahead. You shouldn't get bonus points for fighting weak fighters.[/quote']

Weak fighters.... ???????

Cain's Last 3 fights:

Ant?nio Rodrigo Nogueira W KO

Ben Rothwell W TKO

Cheick Kongo W Decision (Unanimous)

Mir's:

Shane Carwin L (KO)

Kongo W (Sub)

Lesnar L (TKO)

LOL

How is Mir ahead... really.

Because Mir has been KOd twice in less than a year's time. Fighter's aren't static - a great win two years ago doesn't negate 1 or 2 crushing losses. Also, other factors are likely considered rather than just records. Athleticism, size, expertise in various disciplines, etc. play a role no doubt.

#1 Heavyweight Fighter in the World: Fedor Emelianenko

2. Brock Lesnar

3. Shane Carwin

4. Cain Velasquez

5. Junior Dos Santos

6. Alistair Overeem

7. Frank Mir

8. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

9. Fabricio Werdum

10. Brett Rogers

(according to MMAweekly)

Ok' date=' a few things, number 1, this is NOT a bash on fedor page. Just a general couple of questions.

1, why is brock lesnar ranked number 2 only nearly every single top10 list? Is it because he is the champion of the ufc?

Reasoning: Overreem is the champ of SF, and admittedly, SF HW division isn't as stacked, but I feel like the champ of argueably the 2nd best organization in the business should be higher than number 6.

Now, you can't really say that he is so low because he hasn't fought for awhile, cause neither has Fedor(and I will leave it at that). You can't argue that it is because he doesn't exactly have a perfect record, since brock has 80% W/L ration, with Overeem having 73% W/L ratio. (over nearly x10 the amount of fights in multiple divisions).

So why so low?

2. I know that velasquez and dos santos are in title contention in the UFC. But does that actually make them top 10 in the world?

It seems like for a FEW fighters in the top 10 spot, they are judged based on their W/L record, and others on the amount of hype they have currently.

Anyone that could shed some light on how the ranking system is actually produced would be appreciated. Cause atm, I only really see a way of getting people to notice those that the promotions will be using to sell PPVs.

Cheers[/quote']

Lesnar does not deserve the n1 spot just yet imo. Despite being holder of the most significant title, he was given a shot at it way too early without having earning it. He has a very short record and he is not even undefeated. I dont think his achievements put him above a still in force legend of such magnitude as Fedor.

Cain and Cigano deserve being in the top 10 due to their impressive winning streaks over respectable opponents. Dont understand why anybody would doubt that.

Archived