Gsp brings in freddie roach will he improve???

dropzone

GSP aint bad on his feet but with some superb coaching from Freddie Roach, his wholes may quickly close and we could possibly see the champion throw some shots on his feet with intent to end the fight. GSP vs KOS may be that perfect test for him.

GSP's striking is good, I wouldn't say the best, but he can hang in there, the only reason I see him not standing up during fights is because he doesn't trust his chin, he's been knocked out before and said that won't ever happen again. So bring all the knock out power you want, you won't knock him out while your on your back. So will his striking improve, probably, will we see a big difference in his fights, probably not.

GSP uses excellent striking to set up his takedowns and if you look at the stats he always outstrikes his opponents. Some criticize him for not finishing and even as a huge fan it bothers me as well. He is an incredible athlete and one of the most well rounded and skilled mixed martial artists to ever compete, but I wish he could somehow work on strengthening his killer instinct. I admire him for respecting his opponents and for the high level of class and sportsmanship he brings to MMA but he needs to remember that these guys want his title and they're willing to do whatever it takes to take it from him. I'd like to see GSP leave his opponents regretting that they stepped in the octagon with him.

GSP uses excellent striking to set up his takedowns and if you look at the stats he always outstrikes his opponents. Some criticize him for not finishing and even as a huge fan it bothers me as well. He is an incredible athlete and one of the most well rounded and skilled mixed martial artists to ever compete' date=' but I wish he could somehow work on strengthening his killer instinct. I admire him for respecting his opponents and for the high level of class and sportsmanship he brings to MMA but he needs to remember that these guys want his title and they're willing to do whatever it takes to take it from him. I'd like to see GSP leave his opponents regretting that they stepped in the octagon with him.[/quote']

He's just too nice guy.

His striking is above average, without it he wouldn't be able to get some of the takedowns that he has (noteable against Alves and BJ mostly) some people exaggerate his striking ability a little though. I don't really think Freddie Roach is the best option for his style but maybe he wants to bring something different to the table.

Who wouldnt improve under Freddie

Couldnt agree more.

GSP obviously feels he does need to improve and there aint a better boxing coach than Roach.

Just ask the likes of Tyson,De La Hoya,Paquiao and Julio Cesar Chavez,fairly succesful boxers if you ask me.

I would be the happiest dude in the world if/when GSP ends up leaving K*scheck in a wheelchair,drinking his food through a straw!

Just hope Roaches Parkinsons disease can hold off till the fight!

GSP already has outstanding striking. he may not be the kind of guy to knock guys out with one punch, but he's accurate and he opens you up.

adding Freddie Roach into the equation is going to make GSP even harder to hit cause he'll have even better footwork and he'll be even faster.

Kos is in trouble.

Archived