Martial arts combat

tkdgod

Ok who do you think would win in each fight?

Im a third degree black belt in taekwondo and was just curious to see what others think i do a little cross training in BJJ

Taekwondo vs. BJJ

Im gonna say that if you can keep them on their feet and eliminate all ground game taekwondo would win this battle but if it goes to the ground BJJ would dominate in that area.

Karate vs. BJJ

Ninjitsu vs. BJJ or Taekwondo

Im a third degree black belt in taekwondo and was just curious to see what others think i do a little cross training in BJJ

Taekwondo vs. BJJ

Im gonna say that if you can keep them on their feet and eliminate all ground game taekwondo would win this battle but if it goes to the ground BJJ would dominate in that area.

Karate vs. BJJ

OMG REALLY:rolleyes:. My answer for your question would be BJJ BJJ and BJJ. I might be bit biased cuz I've done BJJ for a some time now.

OMG REALLY:rolleyes:. My answer for your question would be BJJ BJJ and BJJ. I might be bit biased cuz I've done BJJ for a some time now.

Ok but what is your supporting argument for saying BJJ Im not disagreeing i would like to know why.

Ok but what is your supporting argument for saying BJJ Im not disagreeing i would like to know why.

I don't know much about taekwondo but I assume that they don't train much takedown defence (correct me if I'm wrong) and that's why I think that BJJ guy could get it to the ground fairly easily and submit him (or just pull a guard and do the magic). Karate I've done and I know that with same amount of training BJJ guy would kill the Karate guy.

I don't know much about taekwondo but I assume that they don't train much takedown defence (correct me if I'm wrong) and that's why I think that BJJ guy could get it to the ground fairly easily and submit him (or just pull a guard and do the magic). Karate I've done and I know that with same amount of training BJJ guy would kill the Karate guy.

You are correct their is very little takedown defense in taekwondo but the basic philosophy is to end the fight before it gets to that point. I agree with you if the fight went to the ground BJJ hands down.

No contest- BJJ.

You ever see the first few UFC's?

No offense, but I've known Tae Kwon Do to be one of the least effective martial arts. I've also known a good number of guys who've studied it get their *sses kicked by guys who don't train anything. It's not realistic or practical enough.

Karate can be good, depending on the school, but BJJ definitely beats it.

I guess it all depends on the skillset of the fighter. All else being equal, KettleBell has it right. The first few "no holds barred" UFCs proved the dominance of the grappling arts (ju-jitsu, wrestling, etc). This continued until guys started cross-training in different disciplines.

There are some fighting systems, such as Krav Maga, that can be brutally effective, but they aren't martial arts. True martial arts give the learner a wide base of knowledge, often including things like meditation, discipline, philosophy, fitness, respect for tradition, etc. These things are every bit as important as learning moves and techniques. Some martial arts like Tai Chi don't even have much of a self-defense component to them, but are focused more on energy, exercise, and movement.

In a true fight, something I never hope to be in, luck is definitely a factor. Even tough guys get beat down from time to time. MMA is a sport, not real life combat. Part of me wonders what would happen if one of the posturing MMA-wannabes watching the PPV at the sports bar thinks he's going to put a beating on someone that hit on his ditzy girlfriend. Let's say he confronts the guy out in the parking lot, starts a fight, and gets the dude into a standing guilliotine. He's proud of how easy it was and how much he's learned since he started training at the local cage fighting academy, not to mention how cool he's going to look to his buddies after choking this punk out.

Then the guy in the choke shoots his hand down the front of the MMA-wannabe's jogging pants, grabs hold of his *********, and pulls with all his might. It doesn't take all that much force to rip the ******* from the body. The next thing you know, Mr. MMA is on the ground in agony with blood seeping from his crotch while the guy he though he was choking out is now soccer kicking him in the face.

Maybe Mr. MMA gets a double-leg takedown on the guy and thinks he's going to execute a little ground and pound. Unfortunately his plans are stopped short when the guy on the bottom reaches up and gouges one of his eyes out. There are a lot of nasty street fighting techniques that would never belong in MMA. In addition, even though BJJ might be effective, what happens when you've got someone in an armbar and his buddy comes and stomps on your head?

Okay, I'm way off topic now. As far as martial arts go, I would say ju-jitsu is arguably more effective than other styles.

I wouldn't be so hasty to rule TKD out. I studied it for a while. Frankly I thought it sucked, it just wasnt for me. Ive found a real home with Ju Jitsu. However, I wouldnt be so quick to disscredit TKD as a martial art or detract from its effectiveness.

To address soime points, "guys trained in TKD get beat up by untrained guys" Anyone can lose a fight / street fight. Just because some people may be poor practicioners of TKD doesnt mean its a poor practice!

I do believe though that the emphasis now in TKD schools is to compete on a sporting and athletic level rather than focusing on TKD as a fighting system (though the TKD Kid will probably hunt me down for such a statement)

If a decent TKD practicioner was able to keep a fight standing and keep their opponent over whelmed with kicks they may be in with a chance however, once A grappeler took hold of his opponent, I would say TKD wouldnt stand a chance.

"My 2 cents Ladies and Gentlemen"

ok valid opinions all may I point out that I think you all are refering to the americanized form of taekwondo traditional korean taekwondo is very brutal and uses ground game and brutal life ending tactics just food for thought.

ok valid opinions all may I point out that I think you all are refering to the americanized form of taekwondo traditional korean taekwondo is very brutal and uses ground game and brutal life ending tactics just food for thought.

I would strongly advise you not to implement life ending tactics in an organized MMA bout.

Taekwondo vs. BJJ

Karate vs. BJJ

EPIC! Fail. This has been proven that BJJ as a pure art DESTROYS TMA's. Go google Gracies in action

i bet if you picture the bjj fighter's head as a wooden board' date=' and he doesn't move at all, you could beat him.[/quote']

LMAO...... I love this well I was asking for educated opinions and knowledgable debate not insults so lets mark one up for another juvenille comment.

Archived