is this what the world has come to?

shakey79

I love how they only got 2 years and the woman is pregnant again!

Laziness!!!! It's just not for America anymore, we are spreading it to every country we can baby!

the worst part is that they neglected a child to play an online game about bringing up children, and now the mother is pregnant again, so between neglecting a child and caring for one online they managed to find time to make another one, this child should be took away from her at birth!!!!

Addiction is addiction. the sooner people realize this, the better society can be at combating the problem. I was addicted to World of Warcraft for a couple of years, and I can tell you, it has all the same qualities as a drug or alcohol addiction. Most often times video game addiction and drug or alcohol addiction feed into one another.

What needs to be doen, is the fact that these companies that create these online games need to be regulated. As of now, most popular MMO type games have a department of psychiatrists who help the developers come up with ideas to keep the figurative "carrot on the stick" and keep people playing. As far as I'm concerned they should be held responsible for situations liket he one in this story. Not just the parents.

Enabling is enabling, and by them having a structure like this, they are literally handing a crackhead more crack, and expecting everything to be fine.

how is this 'old news' as they were only convicted yesterday?

I meant the story in general based on the thread title. I read the article after about the conviction. Though the case itself has been all over the net for months. I'm just surprised people are hearing about the case itself for the first time so late.

Addiction is addiction. the sooner people realize this' date=' the better society can be at combating the problem. I was addicted to World of Warcraft for a couple of years, and I can tell you, it has all the same qualities as a drug or alcohol addiction. Most often times video game addiction and drug or alcohol addiction feed into one another.

What needs to be doen, is the fact that these companies that create these online games need to be regulated. As of now, most popular MMO type games have a department of psychiatrists who help the developers come up with ideas to keep the figurative "carrot on the stick" and keep people playing. As far as I'm concerned they should be held responsible for situations liket he one in this story. Not just the parents.

Enabling is enabling, and by them having a structure like this, they are literally handing a crackhead more crack, and expecting everything to be fine.[/quote']

Absolutely not, my gaming experience shouldn't be limited because of irresponsible adults.

Why not? there are limitations and regulations on just about everything nowadays' date=' due to irresponsible participants.[/quote']

I make sure to stay a responsible adult so my freedoms aren't taken away. Let's find ways to help the individual person in trouble, not limit a whole community.

I make sure to stay a responsible adult so my freedoms aren't taken away. Let's find ways to help the individual person in trouble' date=' not limit a whole community.[/quote']

Until people are smacked in the face with this type of thing, individual intervention is impossible. There has already been 1 person in this thread that refuses to accept that addiction is addiction. They are linked, like it or not.

Ahh,

But if these two beauties had ignored the child to death by not pulling their noses out of books, would the issue of literature addiction be raised? While I can see Kevbo's points about the seductive internet, we are in danger of over rationalizing things; we should be less understanding of people getting addicted to television/tamagochis/facebook, and more critical of people not taking care of their business. Oh, and get the forthcoming child adopted, tie her tubes and vasectomise him.

This disgusted me when I first heard about it. Both parents should be shot in the back of the head.

I believe video game addiction is real but I personally don't care about it. If people are stupid and weak willed enough to lose their life to a video game they aren't worth the effort. I play WoW. At one point I played WoW a ****ton. Know why? My life sucked and it was all I had to do with myself. I took steps to fix my life and now I only really play when I have absolutely nothing to do. I don't see a point in supporting people who are incapable of supporting themselves. Every time I hear about someone starving to death because they couldn't get out of the computer chair my soul smiles. One less useless individual.

Archived