Sub victry for Nick Diaz

mallrat8

I like Nick a lot. If I could pick one guy to have him re-joining the UFC' date=' it would be Nick Diaz.[/quote']

funny like a month or 2 ago, everybody hated the diaz's because of the strikeforce thing...ive said it before and ill say it again...you cant MESS wit my NORCAL HOMMIES

I like Nick a lot. If I could pick one guy to have him re-joining the UFC' date=' it would be Nick Diaz.[/quote']

There is no better thing to say in reguards to Nick diaz. I 100% agree. He has gotten so good, at 20, 21 he was doing well, but lost to karo, sanchez all by dec. cause he was on his back. but thats when judges were much worse. but he always was a little weaker, now he is a phenominal boxer,nobody wants to mess with him on the ground. Thats all Dana.Nick doesnt like to promote organizations he knows they dont give a **** about him.So he doesnt blow Dana or care about the UFC.And his antics bother people. They say hes a bad guy. He was one of the nicest most humble guys ive met in Martial arts. One of his students was in the kumite classic or some juitz tournament. He was friendly, I told him I was a fan, I asked questions about his nasty jab hook, he invited us to go to his school. He's only percieved bad when he should be. When he has an opponent. I have to hate my opponents till the fights over. He shows respect after every time. He and Mayhem are the 2 I really want to have on the roster. Sheilds appears to be already in the process. But its a travesty Nick and Mayhem arent in the UFC they are better than so many average guys they let hang around in the UFC that aren't on their level.These TUF guys linger way beyond their experation date and there are other great fighters they dont aquire.The list is too big to name.

Does anyone know why nick got kicked out of the UFC in the first place? i mean the kids a stud..always impressive to watch, personally i think he's better then his brother in skill level but his brother is in the ufc and he isnt lol...

He didn't get kicked out of the UFC, he chose to leave so he could take a fight in Pride. I can't say that I blame him for taking the fight either, because he got an opportunity to fight the Pride Champion, Takanori Gomi while he was still in his prime. While it wasn't a title fight, it was the biggest opportunity that Nick Diaz had to showcase himself on an international stage. He would have been a fool to pass up that fight.

While he ended up winning that fight, he never got the credit he deserved because he was found with THC in his system at the mandatory post-fight drug test. While it can be argued what benefit marijuana can offer from an athletic standpoint, anyone who saw the fight knows Gomi was just outclassed that day.

I have numerous friends who stand by their statement that Nick Diaz wouldn't even be top 10 in the UFC, and it just gets more and more ridiculous. This win gives Nick his tenth win in twelve bouts, with a loss to K.J. Noons (by doctor stoppage due to a cut above his eye) and a no contest to Takanori Gomi being his only blemishes since his loss to Sean Sherk at UFC 59. Incidently, before that fight with K.J. Noons, Nick came out and said the only way he would lose the fight was from a cut above his eye. A cut he sustained in training that didn't fully heal before his fight took place. Regardless, Nick Diaz will be back in the UFC at some point, he's too good of a WW to ignore. Just like everyone wants to see Fedor and Jake Shields, pretty soon they'll be asking for Nick Diaz.

I stayed up all night to watch Dream 14. It was a good victory for Nick for sure. Sakurai kind of rolled right into that armbar and couldn't go nowhere because of the new cage they're using in Japan. You could tell Nick has been working on his wrestling though.

While he ended up winning that fight' date=' he never got the credit he deserved because he was found with THC in his system at the mandatory post-fight drug test. While it can be argued what benefit marijuana can offer from an athletic standpoint, anyone who saw the fight knows Gomi was just outclassed that day.

[/quote']

That fight with Gomi is one of those fights I never get tired of watching. I think it was only the second successful gogo plata in Pride history. That's some high level BJJ to pull that off.

He also has one of the most dangerous guards in MMA.

No he does not. He has a good guard, but not one of the most dangerous. The Nogs, Fedor, Maia, Zaga, etc. have some of the most dangerous guards in MMA.

With a strong wrestler on top of him with a solid BJJ base, he is a GNP duck. The Diaz brothers have been famous for being ridiculous, and being out played by wrestlers because of their weak wrestling.

A guy like Fitch is Nick Diaz's worst nightmare. A guy like GSP would blast them for hours with no fear of being swept or tapped.

No he does not. He has a good guard' date=' but not one of the most dangerous. [b']The Nogs, Fedor, Maia, Zaga[/b], etc. have some of the most dangerous guards in MMA.

With a strong wrestler on top of him with a solid BJJ base, he is a GNP duck. The Diaz brothers have been famous for being ridiculous, and being out played by wrestlers because of their weak wrestling.

A guy like Fitch is Nick Diaz's worst nightmare. A guy like GSP would blast them for hours with no fear of being swept or tapped.

Has any of those guys pulled off a gogo plata from the bottom? Didn't think so...

Nogs are both highly overrated, Fedor has the most dangerous everything, Maia is boring as hell don't care, Zaga who?

Oh yeah Nick just subbed a crazy good grappler named Sakurai last night with an armbar from the bottom.

Has any of those guys pulled off a gogo plata from the bottom? Didn't think so...

Nogs are both highly overrated' date=' Fedor has the most dangerous everything, Maia is boring as hell don't care, Zaga who?

Oh yeah Nick just subbed a crazy good grappler named Sakurai last night with an armbar from the bottom.[/quote']

Pulling off a gogo does not mean anything. Brad Imes pulled off two in a row. Does that make him a sick grappler? No. It does mean his guard has some decent strengths to it, but it does not mean it is a godly guard.

Nogs overrated on the ground? You have no idea what you are talking about in this statement. They are some of the BEST BJJ PRACTITIONERS IN ALL OF MMA BY FAR! Anyone who knows anything about MMA or BJJ could tell you this.

Fedor has a good offensive and defensive guard. Thus, extremely dangerous guard..

Maia being boring or not means nothing. His guard is exceptional. Zaga is Gonzaga. He also has a great guard. His nick name is Zaga, which is short for Gonzaga.

Sakurai is a better striker than grappler. He is an okay grappler, but he is obviously not even similar to the level of guys I just named. Not even funny to compare them.

Anybody else see the Dream fights eaaarrrrly this morning?

Diaz won via armbar for another impressive win. Theres no stopping this guy.

And it was nice to see a Gracie live up to his name again.

thanks for spoiling it retard.. i avoided Outside UFC section and u post this?

Archived