Did Rampage have to cut to much weight?

Pernell

Is it just me or did Rampage look real dehydrated at the weigh ins? Compared to Rashad who lookedd ripped and fresh. That could be the difference in the fight. On Spike TV show this week they said Rampage went into training camp at 251 and a week before the fight he was at 221.

Is it just me or did Rampage look real dehydrated at the weigh ins? Compared to Rashad who lookedd ripped and fresh. That could be the difference in the fight. On Spike TV show this week they said he went into training camp at 251 and a week before the fight he was at 221.

Oh no...don't start the excuses please, the last thing we need are anymore of those if Rampage loses, then he is going to be running over more children and pregnant ladies with the car he got from TUF

Is it just me or did Rampage look real dehydrated at the weigh ins? Compared to Rashad who lookedd ripped and fresh. That could be the difference in the fight. On Spike TV show this week they said Rampage went into training camp at 251 and a week before the fight he was at 221.

Dude,it will not make an iota of difference.How's he gonna gas when he's going to KO Stanky leg in the first round?Nulified!

Rampage looked perfectly fine to me.

Didnt Machida come in at 203 in his first fight against Rua? I dont think its a problem' date=' they are probably standing on scales behind the curtain before they come through for their official weigh in[/quote']

Being under weight is fine, not making 205 is unprofessional. I didn't say it would hurt him, I said if anyone has weight problems, its not Ramoage.

Being under weight is fine' date=' not making 205 is unprofessional. I didn't say it would hurt him, I said if anyone has weight problems, its not Ramoage.[/quote']

my bad i remembered wrong i though rashad was 205 but yea he was 206.

I think he probably just didnt worry about the +1 because he knew he was okay' date=' probably wasnt even a full lb[/quote']

Could be, he looked okay. But 1 lb of water weight isn't that hard to lose. It also could have been the scale, like you said, it probably wasn't even a full pound.

thats perfectly fine, its only water weight, he lost the 30lbs of fat, thats important. I wrestled and could cut 2lbs per day with ease, so I know he could cut 16 in a week.

every fighter is allowed 1 lb over there limit. if he would have weighed 207 or higher, they wouldve given him an hour ta cut the weight, and come back and try again. As far as Rampage starting out heavier and cutting all the weight.. i'm sure he had a 3 month camp. Which means he could have easily lost all that weight in time. And imo, i dont think it will play a factor. but, you never know. maybe the 14 month layoff, aswell as being heavy and cutting weight, he may gas, or by round 2 if it makes it, his power will dwittle. Rampage didnt KO Henderson, Griffin, or Jardine. Wandy KO'd Jardine in 36 seconds. And by me saying that, i dont think Rampage was in the best shape in those fights. I think If Rampage's weight tires him out, he wont have punching power, and we'll see Rashad pick up the victory.

I think he had to cut from right around 300 pounds... He got pretty fat, and he weighs more anyways.

every fighter is allowed 1 lb over there limit. if he would have weighed 207 or higher' date=' they wouldve given him an hour ta cut the weight, and come back and try again. As far as Rampage starting out heavier and cutting all the weight.. i'm sure he had a 3 month camp. Which means he could have easily lost all that weight in time. And imo, i dont think it will play a factor. but, you never know. maybe the 14 month layoff, aswell as being heavy and cutting weight, he may gas, or by round 2 if it makes it, his power will dwittle. Rampage didnt KO Henderson, Griffin, or Jardine. Wandy KO'd Jardine in 36 seconds. And by me saying that, i dont think Rampage was in the best shape in those fights. I think If Rampage's weight tires him out, he wont have punching power, and we'll see Rashad pick up the victory.[/quote']

+1 on the weight info.

smart fighters always come in 1 lb over. look at ortiz vs shamrock. both 206 every time. not that it did much for shamrock but they certainly know what they are doing when it comes to weigh ins.

I think he lost some muscle mass .

I remember him bigger then this time .

My thoughts exactly. We'll see when he steps in the ring tonight. If he waited until the last minute loose the extra 16 lbs it may affect him. Eihter way I'm picking Rashad to win. If Rampage is weak it will just be over quicker in IMHO.

Archived