How to get exciting fights

mad182

Manny people on here complain about boring fights and fights not getting finished which i can certantly understand. For the fighters however they fight to get payed as much as possible, they dont fight because it is so much fun or because they want to put on a great show they just earn their living with it. So then if you take GSP for example he earns 400 000

for each championchipfight plus an extra 200 000 if winning so when fighting why should he take any risk of loosing because af an lucky punch or something like that just to finish a fight and please the fans, earning 200 000 less and having the belt stripped of him earning less the next fight as well, he would have to be very stupid to do so. I know there are Fight of the night ko of the night and sub of the night awards but thats just not anough. But if you would pay fighters for actually finishing fights staying with the GSP example only 200 000 for taking the fight but an extra 500 000 for finishing it, im shure fighters would be willing to take much more risk to get the ko or the submission

Generally fights in the UFC are not boring so nothing needs to be done. The onus is on GSP's oponents to make him fight a different fight, they know what they are up against but most of the time they cant do anything about it. Someone someday will have a gameplan for him just like Rua did for Machida even if its just to give him a few scares throughout the fight

Does anyone in this sport actually compete for honor and glory of being number 1? I miss Pride.... It seems alot of fighters are suffering from what i call "Rampage Jackson Syndrom" where you simple do what you do to earn money' date=' no actual pride in the sport.[/quote']

rampage has a family dude. he has a duty as a father to provide them the best lifestyle possible. if someone offers him millions of dollars to go make a movie why should he go and fight for less money and risk injury, when a fight can be easily rescheduled.

I think that not only should finishign a fight give you a bonus to the check, but also the cage should be smaller. Just look at WEC, they have smaller fighters but they're always closer together, and I don't think I've ever seen a bad WEC fight, then again I only started watching them around Brown vs. Faber 2.

I love a slow paced technical battle more-so than I enjoy watching a slugfest. Could be just me...

Im not saying that its the best taktik to straight brawl but i think GSP Cos Fitch and so on could posture up a little more doing damage and not be soooo concerned about loosing position. Silver and Bisping could stop dancing and engage a litttle more. Not every fight has to be Garcia vs. Zombie/ Griffin vs Bonnar style even though i enjoyed those fights very much as well.

Archived