Memorial Day is monday....Who all here has slaved for their country?

Irish_Carbomb

Lets here it guys and gals...Who's been in, and if so where were you, what job you did, and also share any fun or interesting stories you might have.

I was in the U.S Navy from 00-08... I spent the first part of it doing Base Security at Kings Bay Naval Base in Kingsland, GA.

Then I went to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba where I spent a year guarding POW's in Camp Delta.

I remained in Cuba after leaving Camp Delta and went to work doing Harbor Defence for the base where I remained for the rest of my enlistment.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do what i can lol but hats off to you for serving IRL though ive been thinking about doing it after I graduate

I had a blast while doing it....However if there is one thing in this world thats not for everybody its the military.....My advice is to give it some serious thought and know what you want to do when you go in....And DO NOT....I repeat DO NOT let the recruiter tell you what you have to do or how fast you have to go in.

Who are the real slaves, the hard working blue collar men grinding each and every day keeping the american industry in tact? Or some guys standing around with guns in someone elses country?

In this new world, money is power, strength of arms isnt. Maybe America should pay off its debts instead of having the luxury of the most pointless army right now? Have those hundreds of thousands troops working in the states trying to pull them out of atheir trade deficit.

America spends more money on their military than the next 16 nations combined. And yet Detroit is right up there with some of the most dangerous places to live in the world. States educational system is falling apart, their cash cow was auto industry, and Germany and Japan have finally past them(since theyre not devestated from a WW its hard for States to get the edge).

I had a blast while doing it....However if there is one thing in this world thats not for everybody its the military.....My advice is to give it some serious thought and know what you want to do when you go in....And DO NOT....I repeat DO NOT let the recruiter tell you what you have to do or how fast you have to go in.

I kinda want to do marines but idk

Who are the real slaves' date=' the hard working blue collar men grinding each and every day keeping the american industry in tact? Or some guys standing around with guns in someone elses country?

In this new world, money is power, strength of arms isnt. Maybe America should pay off its debts instead of having the luxury of the most pointless army right now? Have those hundreds of thousands troops working in the states trying to pull them out of atheir trade deficit.

America spends more money on their military than the next 16 nations combined. And yet Detroit is right up there with some of the most dangerous places to live in the world. States educational system is falling apart, their cash cow was auto industry, and Germany and Japan have finally past them(since theyre not devestated from a WW its hard for States to get the edge).[/quote']

We spend so much money on our military because just about every country in the world depends on our military when something goes bad for them.........My advice is if you see some of these so called "pointless" service members....You should smile and thank them for doing something that you are way to much of a ***** to ever do.....But I guess in your head the auto industry or education is going to save us from an attack by a foreign country. Right?

what attack? where? Whos attacking?

North Korea has broken every UN law about nuclear weapons, have tested out rockets to send their bombs over large distances, they just sunk a south korean ship killing over hundred people.

Wheres america?

American military, Hired guns for political agendas.

These so called terrorists have killed maybe 10,000 people over the past decade. Compare that to the innocent people american military kills with their bombings.

Compare that to poverty in Africa

Compare that to health issues this world is facing

Yet let america spend trillions on starting wars with people who all they want is American business out of their country stealing their way of living. America wants democracy in your country, so they can bribe officials easier than they could sadam hussien who dont budge.

The idea that the states are a peace keeper is laughable. there is a great lecture i watched a while back, let me see if i can find it.

North Korea has broken every UN law about nuclear weapons' date=' have tested out rockets to send their bombs over large distances, they just sunk a south korean ship killing over hundred people.

Wheres america?

These so called terrorists have killed maybe 10,000 people over the past decade. Compare that to the innocent people american military kills with their bombings.

Yet let america spend trillions on starting wars with people who all they want is American business out of their country stealing their way of living. America wants democracy in your country, so they can bribe officials easier than they could sadam hussien who dont budge.

The idea that the states are a peace keeper is laughable. there is a great lecture i watched a while back, let me see if i can find it.[/quote']

In case you didnt notice we are stepping in on North Korea after they sunk that ship of South Korea's....and we dont step in unless we are asked.....However I see that you are from Canada so im done talking to you about anything to do with the military, because your country let the *****es from ours hide out up there after they decided they didn't want to be in the military anymore.

We spend so much money on our military because just about every country in the world depends on our military when something goes bad for them.........My advice is if you see some of these so called "pointless" service members....You should smile and thank them for doing something that you are way to much of a ***** to ever do.....But I guess in your head the auto industry or education is going to save us from an attack by a foreign country. Right?

This^^

im not talking military' date=' im talking politics, wait, your american, i guess i should stop if for your sake?

but here I am, giving a liberal peace view type of politics...on an mma website. Seems like an oxymoron of a discussion.[/quote']

Dont worry pumpkin....We will continue to protect your country wether you appreciate it or not!.....Cause we are America....Thats just how we roll!

I did my 3 compulsory years in Israel and then revserves for the years that I lived there. Was an honor to serve my country.

And to anyone who disrespects American soldiers, shame on you! These folks do whatever it takes so you and me can sit here and ***** about meaningless BS...

Also, politics, Shmolitics... If it wasn't for uncle Sam you'd all be speaking German and walking funny...

im not talking military' date=' im talking politics, wait, your american, i guess i should stop if for your sake?

but here I am, giving a liberal peace view type of politics...on an mma website. Seems like an oxymoron of a discussion.[/quote']

OMG.. You are a Canadian, interjecting your rhetoric in a thread created by an American about an American holiday, asking his fellow servicemen/women about their time in the service.

I too, am Canadian, and you are embarrassing the sh*it outta me. Please stop talking now.

Happy Memorial Day to you Carbomb. :)

I did my 3 compulsory years in Israel and then revserves for the years that I lived there. Was an honor to serve my country.

And to anyone who disrespects American soldiers' date=' shame on you! These folks do whatever it takes so you and me can sit here and ***** about meaningless BS...

Also, politics, Shmolitics... If it wasn't for uncle Sam you'd all be speaking German and walking funny...[/quote']

Well said dude, thanks

OMG.. You are a Canadian' date=' interjecting your rhetoric in a thread created by an American about an American holiday, asking his fellow servicemen/women about their time in the service.

I too, am Canadian, and you are embarrassing the sh*it outta me. Please stop talking now.

Happy Memorial Day to you Carbomb. :)[/quote']

Thanks!

And to anyone who disrespects American soldiers' date=' shame on you! These folks do whatever it takes so you and me can sit here and ***** about meaningless BS...

Also, politics, Shmolitics... If it wasn't for uncle Sam you'd all be speaking German and walking funny...[/quote']

I have a ton of respect for men and women that put their lives on the line for their country. What I have a problem with is the coward politicians, many who havent served themselves, making decisions about whether people live or die, for the profit and benefit of companies and individuals. That being said, Happy Memorial Day.

I have a ton of respect for men and women that put their lives on the line for their country. What I have a problem with is the coward politicians' date=' many who havent served themselves, making decisions about whether people live or die, for the profit and benefit of companies and individuals. That being said, Happy Memorial Day.[/quote']

This is what I can't understand though about some poeple. They would turn their fingers at the soldiers. The Soldiers carry out missions given to them by the politicians. They don't come up with the agendas themselves.

I've seen it here in the states and in other places, where people who disagree with the president/leader criticize the soldiers... These men and women are taking risks no one else is willing to take in order to serve their country (and in US case - the world in many cases) and I see no reason for them taking the heat for a politician agenda.

Who are the real slaves' date=' the hard working blue collar men grinding each and every day keeping the american industry in tact? Or some guys standing around with guns in someone elses country?

America spends more money on their military than the next 16 nations combined. And yet Detroit is right up there with some of the most dangerous places to live in the world. States educational system is falling apart, their cash cow was auto industry, and Germany and Japan have finally past them(since theyre not devestated from a WW its hard for States to get the edge).[/quote']

im from the uk and served my country when you were still sucking momma's ***, but i will say its very easy to diss the millitary when you dont have the guts to stand a post!

good luck with your life which is brought to you under the freedom of what these boys and girls provide!

wow i have new respect for an already respected (by me) mermber of this forum!

you isreali boys have all my respect for what you do in one of the toughest miilitary's in the world!

Very true. i meant no disrespect. I apologize, and id like to say i have full respect for soldiers. But get very frustrated with all the patting on the back everyone gives each other for killing one another.

But by no means do I think that American military is holding off any enemy at my doorstep present day. And I do think the american independence is one of the greatest pieces of history we have, and they were the deciding factor in 2 great wars.

This is what I can't understand though about some poeple. They would turn their fingers at the soldiers. The Soldiers carry out missions given to them by the politicians. They don't come up with the agendas themselves.

I've seen it here in the states and in other places' date=' where people who disagree with the president/leader criticize the soldiers... These men and women are taking risks no one else is willing to take in order to serve their country (and in US case - the world in many cases) and I see no reason for them taking the heat for a politician agenda.[/quote']

Couldnt agree more. Its what causes even more frustration, that you have young men who are willing to die for their country. And you have politicians exploiting this to their advantage. And in the end you have these soldiers after being exploited, still praising their government.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who enroles in the military. And my hats off, my complaints, which come off as disrespect, are actualy arguing on your behalf.

Very true. i meant no disrespect. I apologize' date=' and id like to say i have full respect for soldiers. But get very frustrated with all the patting on the back everyone gives each other for killing one another.

But by no means do I think that American military is holding off any enemy at my doorstep present day. And I do think the american independence is one of the greatest pieces of history we have, and they were the deciding factor in 2 great wars.[/quote']

its not about patting anyone on the back for killing anyone! its about having the guts to do what you are not willing to do! you would be suprised what your millitary are keeping from your door! in the UK we have had a terrorist threat for about a hundred years and if it had not been for our millitary the threat would have claimed far more lives than they did!

just because you have not had anymore 9/11's you owe that to your armed forces not to luck!

Im sorry, my ignorance really came out on my sleeves with these posts. I may not be man enough to join the armed forced, but i am man enough to know when im wrong.

Im sorry, and again, I couldnt praise the men and women fighting for everything they know and love any more.

Ill just shut up now with that. And happy memorial day!

Im sorry' date=' my ignorance really came out on my sleeves with these posts. I may not be man enough to join the armed forced, but i am man enough to know when im wrong.

Im sorry, and again, I couldnt praise the men and women fighting for everything they know and love any more.

Ill just shut up now with that. And happy memorial day![/quote']

Thank you sir!

Im sorry' date=' my ignorance really came out on my sleeves with these posts. I may not be man enough to join the armed forced, but i am man enough to know when im wrong.

There is the Canadian spirit!!

Hope all is well out on the west coast! :) :)

its not about patting anyone on the back for killing anyone! its about having the guts to do what you are not willing to do! you would be suprised what your millitary are keeping from your door! in the UK we have had a terrorist threat for about a hundred years and if it had not been for our millitary the threat would have claimed far more lives than they did!

just because you have not had anymore 9/11's you owe that to your armed forces not to luck!

Who knew you could argue something other than GSP lol

i do know what you mean about politicians though i would gladly see them all against a wall or that all the feckers had been in the towers when they fell!

US Navy 1998-2002

2 deployments to the Gulf

Two time shellback

Numerous ribbons: notable one is for assisting aid to the USS Cole

3 time Technician of the month

Accelerated advancement: Because I am that good

2 hookers: one in Singapore and one in Victoria, Cananda

One unauthorized absence: wasn't my fault

Honorable Discharge: My Senior Chief and Leutenant plead for me to re-enlist

12 years US Army active and reserve. For those of us who've lost friends and family members to war these holidays take on so much more significance. I hope everyone stays safe and takes a moment to bow your head and give thanks to those who passed while serving their country.

Dont feel bad dude .....I was having sex with a girl once and called her George.....Thats something to feel bad about!

isnt that called rodeo riding? you shag a girl doggy style calll her a guys name while doing her full pelt from behind and see how long you can stay on!

North Korea has broken every UN law about nuclear weapons' date=' have tested out rockets to send their bombs over large distances, they just sunk a south korean ship killing over hundred people.

Wheres america?

The idea that the states are a peace keeper is laughable. there is a great lecture i watched a while back, let me see if i can find it.[/quote']

Memorial Day is about remembering the People who died serving this Country.

If you do not stand behind them, try standing in front then.

Without out Military you would not even have the ability to sit here on the internet and bash them. You think this Country does not need the Military? Sure thing.,

I lost too many friends while I was serving in Iraq to just sit back and let you talk like this.

US Navy 1998-2002

2 deployments to the Gulf

Two time shellback

Numerous ribbons: notable one is for assisting aid to the USS Cole

3 time Technician of the month

Accelerated advancement: Because I am that good

2 hookers: one in Singapore and one in Victoria' date=' Cananda

One unauthorized absence: wasn't my fault

Honorable Discharge: My Senior Chief and Leutenant plead for me to re-enlist[/quote']

I only had one hooker and it was when I was on leave, so congrats

12 years US Army active and reserve. For those of us who've lost friends and family members to war these holidays take on so much more significance. I hope everyone stays safe and takes a moment to bow your head and give thanks to those who passed while serving their country.

Very well said. Mr. Kaiser

Archived