Dennis Hopper dead at 74

UFCCagerattler

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-hopper-20100530' date='0,5552141.story

The Baby Boom loses another icon.[/quote']

During the last five years of his "abusing," he said, "I was doing half a gallon of rum with a fifth of rum on the side, 28 beers and 3 grams of cocaine a day ? and that wasn't getting high, that was just to keep going, man.

R.I.P, Mr. Hopper.

During the last five years of his "abusing' date='" he said, "I was doing half a gallon of rum with a fifth of rum on the side, 28 beers and 3 grams of cocaine a day ? and that wasn't getting high, that was just to keep going, man.

R.I.P, Mr. Hopper.[/quote']

Watch the documentary Hearts of Darkness about the making of Apocalypse Now....he's fuuu*uuuucked up...but he was a very good actor and director. And to think there was a thread yesterday about how bad pot is.....hahaha, Dennis did a lot worse in his time and was very VERY successful.

Watch the documentary Hearts of Darkness about the making of Apocalypse Now....he's fuuu*uuuucked up...but he was a very good actor and director. And to think there was a thread yesterday about how bad pot is.....hahaha' date=' Dennis did a lot worse in his time and was very VERY successful.[/quote']

The man is a legend....To say that people cant do whatever they want with their own body and still be successful is the definition of closed minded stupidity.

His performance in films such as Blue Velvet, Easy Rider and Apocalypse now can help us to forget the debacle that was Super Mario Bros. But for me, the scene he shot with Christopher Walken in True Romance was testament to the understated acting ability he possessed, bravado and menace replaced by dignity and pride.

RIP.

His performance in films such as Blue Velvet' date=' Easy Rider and Apocalypse now can help us to forget the debacle that was Super Mario Bros. But for me, the scene he shot with Christopher Walken in True Romance was testament to the understated acting ability he possessed, bravado and menace replaced by dignity and pride.

RIP.[/quote']

Damn, True Romance, YES!!

His performance in films such as Blue Velvet' date=' Easy Rider and Apocalypse now can help us to forget the debacle that was Super Mario Bros. But for me, the scene he shot with Christopher Walken in True Romance was testament to the understated acting ability he possessed, bravado and menace replaced by dignity and pride.

RIP.[/quote']

Couldn't have said it better myself. That scene was pure goodness!

RIP.[/quote']

the scene with Walken in true romance is one of the greatest scenes in movie history.

Two legends producing the kind of intensity that Pacino and Di Niro could only dream about in Heat.

Ya, I thought that was overhyped and not in the same league as the true romance scene. There are great scenes out there but nothing of the same variety. maybe godfather two when pacino gives the nod for his brother to go when they're hugging, but for a different reason.

Ya' date=' I thought that was overhyped and not in the same league as the true romance scene. There are great scenes out there but nothing of the same variety. maybe godfather two when pacino gives the nod for his brother to go when they're hugging, but for a different reason.[/quote']

The thing for me in the Hopper/Walker scene is the restraint. Both are very good at obvious, aggresive menace, so the volume of that particular scene has a real disarming tone to it.

The thing for me in the Hopper/Walker scene is the restraint. Both are very good at obvious' date=' aggresive menace, so the volume of that particular scene has a real disarming tone to it.[/quote']

Yup, they have such great chemistry too. Walken is just so good. His deer hunter scenes with de niro, back when de niro could act too, where brilliant as well. I would say that Daniel Day Lewis and Liam Neeson in gangs of New York was an under rated scene as well, when he kills him and the reaction afterward.

lol I think you are right.

Sad to hear about Dennis though' date=' I especially loved him in Waterworld.[/quote']

"If you'll notice the arterial nature of the blood coming from the hole in my head, you can assume that we're all having a real lousy day."

-Dennis Hopper in "Waterworld."

His one-liners made that movie.

Hell' date=' Walken even managed to get about the only laughs in Balls Of Fury![/quote']

He has moments in everything he's in. Even that movie with Stiffler and the Rock, where they ar ein the jungle. He tells a tooth fairy story to some foreigner that can' understand him and I still laugh my ace off every time I see it, and that movie is pretty bad otherwise.

Archived