Ralek Gracie breaks the curse.

jnewell333

He defeated Sakuraba by unanimous decision. At one point in the 3rd Sakuraba was able to scrable a sweep and lock in a kimura just as he was taking mount, but the ref stopped the action and repositioned the fighters because Gracie's shorts were coming off, and after the ref stopped Sakuraba' s momentum, Gracie positioned and prevented the sub attempt. Gracie showed an awkward boxing stance as most Cracie's, do but also flashed some major potential with his high kicks and striking. Most promising Gracie I have seen, period.

i saw that fight this morning. saku is one of my favs, but he needs to retire. i hope this loss is the one the help him realize it.

on the plus side...ralek's standup was well improved! he was throwin head kicks and knees like it was cool.

does that pass the torch...? :)

He defeated Sakuraba by unanimous decision. At one point in the 3rd Sakuraba was able to scrable a sweep and lock in a kimura just as he was taking mount' date=' but the ref stopped the action and repositioned the fighters because Gracie's shorts were coming off, and after the ref stopped Sakuraba' s momentum, Gracie positioned and prevented the sub attempt. Gracie showed an awkward boxing stance as most Cracie's, do but also flashed some major potential with his high kicks and striking. Most promising Gracie I have seen, period.[/quote']

Apparently you didnt see Strikeforce huh?

Roger Gracie snapped the curse by subbing Kevin Randleman after a knee to the face of Randleman.

The curse was that Sakuraba had beaten all 4 Gracies he faced, and finally a Gracie beat him. Has nothing to do with Roger and Randleman broski.

On a side note, it wasn't much of a curse, it was just Saku is way better than all those Gracies, including Ralek, but he is of course getting old, and taken some beatings. He should retire if he doesn't want to keep losing.

The curse was that Sakuraba had beaten all 4 Gracies he faced' date=' and finally a Gracie beat him. Has nothing to do with Roger and Randleman broski.

On a side note, it wasn't much of a curse, it was just Saku is way better than all those Gracies, including Ralek, but he is of course getting old, and taken some beatings. He should retire if he doesn't want to keep losing.[/quote']

Royce beat him the second fight.

Yes he tested positive after, but the W still counts.

The curse was that Sakuraba had beaten all 4 Gracies he faced' date=' and finally a Gracie beat him. Has nothing to do with Roger and Randleman broski.

On a side note, it wasn't much of a curse, it was just Saku is way better than all those Gracies, including Ralek, but he is of course getting old, and taken some beatings. He should retire if he doesn't want to keep losing.[/quote']

This. ^^

Yea I still don't understand that. Shouldn't that make that a NC?

Couture should be 18-9 (1 NC) because after the fight Barnett tested positive for steriods.

Not for me to decide' date=' but Royce is on record as beating Sak.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=4141&zoneid=3

"When asked yesterday if the official fight result would be changed to "no decision" if any fighter wins a fight in California and then tests positive for steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs, the California State Athletic Commission's Bill Douglas told MMAWeekly, "Currently, our rules do not support overturning a decision based off the drug test results. However, Armando [Garcia'] and I are meeting with the AG [Attorney General] next month to begin the process of modifying the existing laws to incorporate those rules for the future. Should everything move along like I anticipate, I would expect to see the changes in place by the end of the year."

===============================

Still listed as a win.

I don't care what anyone says' date=' if you win and then are tested positive, you lost. It is not a fair fight by any means when one guy uses steroids.[/quote']

Well, whether you like it or not, really doesn't matter. It is still listed as a win for Royce.

SAKU>Gracies FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least in my heart.

I wish Rickson would have stepped up to fight him. If he had beat Rickson, he would be Legend. lol

I thought Ryan had a shot. But I guess he was injured. That was a weird fight. Changed the rules right before. Or the rounds anyway.

I wish Rickson would have stepped up to fight him. If he had beat Rickson' date=' he would be Legend. lol

I thought Ryan had a shot. But I guess he was injured. That was a weird fight. Changed the rules right before. Or the rounds anyway.[/quote']

Rickson does not count as a Gracie. He was created underground in the Brazilian science and robotics labs. It took years to create him. Then Russia stole the formula and used new technology to create Omega - 200XZ AKA Fedor.

It counted as a W for royce because of the rules that the commission that sanctioned the fight had different rules to most other commissions.

I personally dont credit Royce for that win, but thats just me.

P.S, The Gracies are looking good recently. After Renzo losing to Hughes, and of course Rolles epic fail of a fight, Ralek and Roger have looked very good. And the most important thing to gracies, they finally beat Sakuraba.

Forgot about that, you're right Gracies vs Saku. The NC rule now applies from a steriod test. It didnt back in 2007, I think afterwards they changed the rule cos Diaz vs Gomi was the 1st I believe to change results after a dirty test.

Archived