name your backups

joshdfs

Just a little twist on a previous post...

If you were going to an old school "Outsiders"/"West Side Story" style rumble, and got to pick 6 MMA fighters to roll with you as your fellow Greasers/Jets, who would it be?

Let us please refrain from making this a Fedor/Brock ******* licking thread, I vote we leave them both out of the discussion.....And let's keep the fighters CURRENT fighters (apologies to the otherwise #1 pick, El Guapo)

And I got-- JDS, Bones, Wandi, Rampage, The Iceman, and Nick Diaz (he needs a cool nickname, how about "the Stockton Kid"?)

That was a poll to choose between two listed teams' date=' I want you to name your own...[/quote']

Ah, ok, well, I'd have to go with Brock, Carwin, Valasquez, Forrest, Shogun and Big Nog. Those dudes would be a match for the freekn' decepticons, nevermind a scrape with some greasers down an alley!

Some pretty small dudes there though..and Nate Diaz?

He showed at that SF event he is straight up street! Guys like Carwin, Lesnar, wouldn't make it long in a street fight. As soon as they bumrushed for the TD they would get furiously headstomped!

Streetfighting is so much more about juevos and atitude than power or even technicallity.

Just ask Rashad about Juevos and street atittude after he wakes up in a few days....

He showed at that SF event he is straight up street! Guys like Carwin' date=' Lesnar, wouldn't make it long in a street fight. As soon as they bumrushed for the TD they would get furiously headstomped!

Streetfighting is so much more about juevos and atitude than power or even technicallity.

Just ask Rashad about Juevos and street atittude after he wakes up in a few days....[/quote']

+1

He showed at that SF event he is straight up street! Guys like Carwin' date=' Lesnar, wouldn't make it long in a street fight. As soon as they bumrushed for the TD they would get furiously headstomped!

Just ask Rashad about Juevos and street atittude after he wakes up in a few days....[/quote']

LOL..some fair points my friend though I have been involved in numerous streetfights myself and would rather have Carwin and Lesnar with me than most simply due to their furious rage and animal strength that any human would find virtually impossible to stop. I'm sure they wouldn't rush in for take downs in a street fight!

If you had to choose would you rather see a raging, screaming Brock or Carwin running at you intending to tear your throat out with his bare hands or Nate Diaz coming at you like a puppet skeleton? I know who I'd rather tangle with!

Interesting thread! Would it be 7 on 7(including me)? If so, Id take:

Carwin, Machida, Daley, Rampage, Lil Nog, and Liddell.

All strikers that I believe would (be able to) keep the 'brawl' standing. I think that Daley could keep a fight standing against your average street brawler provided he doesnt happen to be a college or olympic wrestler.

If Fedor could be included in this subject, Id replace him with Daley.

LOL..some fair points my friend though I have been involved in numerous streetfights myself and would rather have Carwin and Lesnar with me than most simply due to their furious rage and animal strength that any human would find virtually impossible to stop. I'm sure they wouldn't rush in for take downs in a street fight!

If you had to choose would you rather see a raging' date=' screaming Brock or Carwin running at you intending to tear your throat out with his bare hands or Nate Diaz coming at you like a puppet skeleton? I know who I'd rather tangle with![/quote']

Agreed. Plus Carwin never rushes in for a TD in his fights. But in comparison with any random street brawler even Lesnar has supirior stand up, and Carwin would no question. And I bet they both have way better chins(Carwin has already proved that). Id much rather have one of the above mentioned guys as my back-up in a street fight instead of Kimbo.

Agreed. Plus Carwin never rushes in for a TD in his fights. But in comparison with any random street brawler even Lesnar has supirior stand up' date=' and Carwin would no question. And I bet they both have way better chins(Carwin has already proved that). Id much rather have one of the above mentioned guys as my back-up in a street fight instead of Kimbo.[/quote']

Exactly. Kimbo would gas after windmilling furious hay-makers for 50 seconds then get stomped and the other obvious advantage of Brock and Carwin's stand up is how many of their straight jabs do you think you could handle never mind a hook or an uppercut?! The power would be terrifying to any normal street brawler.

nick diaz' date=' nate diaz, cain velasquez, diego sanchez, roy nelson[/quote']

Nick and Nate Diaz? I know this has already been discussed, but heres my opinion on the 2:

Nick would be fine. He seems to have some power in his hands, but Nate wouldnt. His strength is going to the ground and using his JJ to either TKO guys or submit them. If he was fighting more than one guy, hed be in some serious trouble. He trys to make himself come off as a tough guy, and he is(or else he wouldnt be doing MMA for such a prestigious organization), but hes not street fighter tough, even if he has that image.

Him vs. 3 guys would be: he dominates one, hits the other and thinks hes out, takes the last guy to the ground and has a choke on him and the 2nd guy that he thought he knocked out kicked him 2 times in the head, knocking him out, and leaving a permanant lump on the left side of his forhead.

Wow that sounds exactly the same as my experience in Milwaukee when I had the pleasure of meeting some SGD's.

The key is being able to find a way to fight one at a time using movement, angles, or extremely quick grappling mixed with dirty boxing to push one in the way of the other. I dont think Nate could do that.

Rampage' date=' Thiago Silva, Cro Cop, Rickson Gracie, Arlovski, and Alistair Overeem...They all look like badasses, dont want someone who looks like forrest crampin up my style[/quote']

LOL...nice. Forrest is the type who'd fight to the death for a buddy though I reckon, thats why I'd want him backin me up. Arlovski gets knocked out by a stern glance these days but the rest would all make my B team for sure!

LOL...nice. Forrest is the type who'd fight to the death for a buddy though I reckon' date=' thats why I'd want him backin me up. Arlovski gets knocked out by a stern glance these days but the rest would all make my B team for sure![/quote']

takin shots from the last two ko's he had its understandable, but he took some nasty shots from antonio silva and survived.

Almost 30 posts in and NOT ONE person has had Bas Rutten on their list... for a STREET FIGHT? LoL

Bas Rutten' date=' [b']Matt Hughes, Chael Sonnen[/b], Pat Barry, and Shane Carwin.

You cant lay ontop of someone in a street fight you will just get stomped out

You cant lay ontop of someone in a street fight you will just get stomped out

Fact is most street fights end up on the ground. Better to know how to handle yourself there, so you wont get stomped, as you so aptly put it.

And maybe it's just me, but getting double legged and slammed in a parking lot never feels good. I learned that the hard way.

Just a little twist on a previous post...

If you were going to an old school "Outsiders"/"West Side Story" style rumble' date=' and got to pick 6 MMA fighters to roll with you as your fellow Greasers/Jets, who would it be?

Let us please refrain from making this a Fedor/Brock ******* licking thread, I vote we leave them both out of the discussion.....[b']And let's keep the fighters CURRENT fighters (apologies to the otherwise #1 pick, El Guapo)[/b]

And I got-- JDS, Bones, Wandi, Rampage, The Iceman, and Nick Diaz (he needs a cool nickname, how about "the Stockton Kid"?)

Almost 30 posts in and NOT ONE person has had Bas Rutten on their list... for a STREET FIGHT? LoL

Bas Rutten' date=' Matt Hughes, Chael Sonnen, Pat Barry, and Shane Carwin.[/quote']

We didn't forget, we just read the opening post.

Archived