the loser of rampage vs rashad should fight machida

tigereye

i like the idea of Griffin vs lil Nog when healthy. That could be an entertaining fight. Machida vs Franklin in a rematch that Rich actually wants could be good for Lyoto, if Rich beats Chuck, because it could get him back on track without significantly risking two losses for lyoto and taking him out of contender status right away. Give him a gimme before you throw him the top 5 guys again imo.

Not with Shogun there' date=' but he would beat everyone else...[/quote']

in theory, but he'd have trouble with Jackson too, just because he could do a lot of what Rua does and just walk through damaging strikes and land a bomb. Machida does drop his hands when he back peddles. It could look like the UFC version of Chuck v Rampage, but then again, if he's dilligent and uses his foot work he could embarrass Quinton.

i like the idea of Griffin vs lil Nog when healthy. That could be an entertaining fight. Machida vs Franklin in a rematch that Rich actually wants could be good for Lyoto' date=' if Rich beats Chuck, because it could get him back on track without significantly risking two losses for lyoto and taking him out of contender status right away. Give him a gimme before you throw him the top 5 guys again imo.[/quote']

Please no "gimmes"!! I hate that stuff. this ain't boxing!!!

I think he will beat him at some stage.

Why? Rua just is too much of a tank to lose to Lyoto. He takes damage and it hardly effects him. Machida showed that he can't take Rua's power but Rua can take his. It's rinse and repeat every time they fight, now. Rua is too good on the mat for machida to change the complexion of that fight. every time they go to the mat Rua can just easily get up, or he could actually work his guard and machida would be in massive trouble if he did that, too.

Please no "gimmes"!! I hate that stuff. this ain't boxing!!!

well, it's not a boxing gimme. In boxing it's rare for a top ten talent to fight more than 2 other top ten talents in their career. The rich rematch isn't that level of gimme. It's still a two competitive former champions that have fought before and both improved since.

Why? Rua just is too much of a tank to lose to Lyoto. He takes damage and it hardly effects him. Machida showed that he can't take Rua's power but Rua can take his. It's rinse and repeat every time they fight' date=' now. Rua is too good on the mat for machida to change the complexion of that fight. every time they go to the mat Rua can just easily get up, or he could actually work his guard and machida would be in massive trouble if he did that, too.[/quote']

I think Machida is gonna improve, next time they fight it'll be another stand up war, with Machida winning on points.

Machida didn't look half the fighter he is that night, everyone knows that.

I'm a Shogun fan don't get me wrong, just think to say he'll always beat Machida is wrong.

I think Machida is gonna improve' date=' next time they fight it'll be another stand up war, with Machida winning on points.

I'm a Shogun fan don't get me wrong, just think to say he'll always beat Machida is wrong.[/quote']

Nope, actually if you watch the fight again, Machida did very well.. I watched this one part where he landed a HUGE haymaker directly on Shogun's chin. If that was Rashad or Thiago Silva again, it would have been a Flash KO, no doubt.

I think Machida is gonna improve' date=' next time they fight it'll be another stand up war, with Machida winning on points.

I'm a Shogun fan don't get me wrong, just think to say he'll always beat Machida is wrong.[/quote']

I think Rua is a different sort of fighter than most. he is just naturally gifted in ways that make it difficult to beat him. You need a certain durability to withstand his power, a certain skill level on the ground to avoid being dominated and a lot of technique to overcome his timing and kicking prowess to outpoint him. it's no easy task, and in 5 round fights, it's a nightmare.

I think Rua is a different sort of fighter than most. he is just naturally gifted in ways that make it difficult to beat him. You need a certain durability to withstand his power' date=' a certain skill level on the ground to avoid being dominated and a lot of technique to overcome his timing and kicking prowess to outpoint him. it's no easy task, and in 5 round fights, it's a nightmare.[/quote']

that or Forrest Griffen! lol

Archived