If Chuck and Randy fought today...

Brabo

Now we all know that Chuck is 2-1 against the ageless wonder that is Randy Couture.

But recently, Chuck has been depicted as "over the hill" while Randy is still going strong.

So assuming they fought today, who would win?

The problem I see is that Randy seems to struggle with taking body shots these days' date=' and while Chuck's chin is questionable these days, I bet he can still deliver a hell of a shot to the body.[/quote']

I know your referencing Couture VS Vera, and the big body kick that dropped Couture, but I implore you, lket Brandon Vera kick anyone in the division that way and see who will still be standing. Randy never would have been able to take that body kick any better than he did. And when was the last time you've witnessed Chuck Liddell punch or kick anyone in the body in a UFC fight.

I much rather of seen Chuck vs Randy' date=' instead of Tito/Chuck or Franklin vs Liddell

And Randy would win these days, dont forget during the two losses to chuck, Couture was going thru a divorce and moved from portland to las vegas, setting up a gym. He was strung everywhere during those last two fights, Randy would win[/quote']

Very good point raised.

well since chuck is getting ready for franklin, he must be in some sort of shape and got back some HUMPHHH. so i pick liddell because he owned couture ther than the first fight and i think Chuck will do good even after his return. maybe we will see chuck liddell vs rampage 2. now that would be sick.

well since chuck is getting ready for franklin' date=' he must be in some sort of shape and got back some HUMPHHH. so i pick liddell because he owned couture ther than the first fight and i think Chuck will do good even after his return. maybe we will see chuck liddell vs rampage 2. now that would be sick.[/quote']

We did have Liddell vs. Rampage 2.

30114743.gif

Hard to say. Chuck admits he needed to take a long break and let his body heal and he says he's healthier then he has been in years. If he's right then I think he would work Randy the same way he did before......

But if he's overestimating the recovery and underestimating the effects of age and multiple KO's then I think Couture wins via dirty boxing.

I was a huge Liddell fan for a long time but i think he's done and Couture takes it. We'll see during the Franklin fight.

Archived