Top Contenders for Shogun's belt??

JaredB

Honestly I don't think it's crazy to put Jon Jones in this list. I haven't seen one person even look like he had a chance to beat Jones. I mean Vera and Hamill got destroyed. Ive never seen either of them lose in that type of fashion b4. Also Jones is really young and Dana aint going to let go of him. He will be champion one day.

This list could change depending on the outcome of tonight's fights.

1.Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

2.Rampage Jackson

3.Lyoto Machida

4.Thiago Silva

5.Rashad Evans

Honestly I don't think it's crazy to put Jon Jones in this list. I haven't seen one person even look like he had a chance to beat Jones. I mean Vera and Hamill got destroyed. Ive never seen either of them lose in that type of fashion b4. Also Jones is really young and Dana aint going to let go of him. He will be champion one day.

When he beats one of the guys on that list... Sure, I'll give him the nod then.

When he beats one of the guys on that list... Sure' date=' I'll give him the nod then.[/quote']

Im just saying that Dana is taking his time with this guy and you can tell. He didn't take his time with Brock Lesner or Cain Veslaquez

1. Anderson Silva

2. Rampage (if he beats Rashad)

3. Jon Jones (call me crazy)

4. Rogerio Nogueira

5. Rashad or Machida (down the road)

I agree with this list but not in this order, Anderson would be #1 and Minotouro #2, Machida #3, Rashad #4 and Quinton #5.

1. Rashad vs. Rampage winner

2. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

3. Randy Couture

4. Lyoto Machida

5. Rashad vs. Rampage loser

I'd like to see Lil Nog vs. Randy for the next shot after the Rashad/Rampage winner. Rashad/Rampage loser faces Machida. Winner of that gets Nogueira/Couture loser. Winner of that one fights Rashad/Rampage vs. Shogun loser for a title shot.

This could all change depending on Anderson Silva. I could see Dana/Joe Silva deciding to do A. Silva vs. Rogerio for a title shot or even A. Silva vs. a wild card like Jon Jones to earn a shot. I really like both of those matchups. Either one would be fun to watch.

2.Rampage Jackson

3.Lyoto Machida

4.Thiago Silva

5.Rashad Evans

Thiago Silva needs to win again before he is on a top ANYTHING list...and you forgot about Anderson Silva.

I would put Jones AND Couture on that list before T. Silva; styles make fights, and a wrestler would have a much better shot than a lesser striker

it doesnt matter who you guys think are the top contenders. the winner of tonights fight with fight for the belt

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Everyone knows that.

This is a thread about the probable top contenderS, plural, meaning both who is likely to get a shot and who'd be likely to actually win.

1. rashad/rampage winner

2. Rogerio- if he gets a notable win in the ufc

3. jon jones- a lot of hype. Could be a good matchup for him against shogun. I see him getting cut up in the clinch or subbed on the ground though.

4. couture- would like to see him fight T. Silva. He would win that fight dominating thiago with his wrestling

5. lyoto machida- knocked out in 1 round against shogun. needs to get right back into the pack and win some big fights. possibly rashad/rampage loser or anderson silva if they both man up.

1. rashad/rampage winner

2. Rogerio- if he gets a notable win in the ufc

3. jon jones- a lot of hype. Could be a good matchup for him against shogun. I see him getting cut up in the clinch or subbed on the ground though.

4. couture- would like to see him fight T. Silva. He would win that fight dominating thiago with his wrestling

5. lyoto machida- knocked out in 1 round against shogun. needs to get right back into the pack and win some big fights. possibly rashad/rampage loser or anderson silva if they both man up.

He knocked the shyt out of shogun in Pride but lost by decision , Id say that puts Nog right up there to fight him regardless of what the fck he does in the UFC

A. SIlva

Rogerio

Rampage

Machida

Rashad

In that order.

I wonder what ever happened to the Mousasi hype train... 2 months ago he would of been up the top of this list but since King Mo made him look average no one wants to talk about him anymore... curious.

2.Rampage Jackson

3.Lyoto Machida

4.Thiago Silva

5.Rashad Evans

I'm not saying it would be the same result if they fought this time, but I do find it quite strange that the three top contenders are people he has already beaten.

Shogun better get ready to loose this title Anderson Silva is definitely the best contender no doubt.

Ummm I'm strongly going to disagree. Anderson is deceptive in that yes his striking is great but he rarely if ever fights other great strikers. He fights other strikers who have great power but not great skill. Shogun has great power in his hands, and the skills to match plus he has the ability to get hit and recover quickly. And he swept lil nog on the ground when their fight went there so I have no doubt he has a stronger ground game then Anderson Silva. Put that in with his exceptional standup and factor in how everyone else steps into the octagon already beaten by Anderson Silva via mental block. And Shogun would not show him that same godly respect and fear that other fighters show Silva. Those things in mind shogun beats Silva.

Rampage now would be a better challenge.

This is how I would set up the LHW Division:

Winner of Rampage/Rashad next LHW shot (duh)

Loser of Rampage/Rashad Fights Nog. IF Nog wins he gets a title shot

Meanwhile Bader Fights Jones

Anderson Silva fights Thiago Silva (with all the other fights happening this is the only fight I can see that wouldn't be a complete joke because blackhouse guys wont fight eachother) If anderson wins he gets a title shot.

Loser of the Nog Fight, Fights Machida if thats lil Nog Machida fights the winner of Bader/Jones. If Bader or Jones wins they Fight Thiago Silva

Bader/jones vs. Thiago Silva -> if Bader/Jones wins then they get a title shot.

Out of all the contenders right now I think Rogerio would make the best fight. The first fight is still the greatest fight in mma imo and would love to see them go at it again.

I'd still like to see Shogun Vs Rampage again but I don't see Rampage posing too many problems for Shogun.

Anderson Vs Shogun is my dream fight. Shogun was able to land those devastating kicks and hands on one of the most elusive fighters. Can he do the same to Silva? Man I'd love to find out.

Archived