Sign in to follow this  
lilfel

Thanks 4 making Shoguns 1st title defense an easy 1 Rashad.

Plz, you mean to tell me that for Shoguns 1st title defense, he would only have to worry about 1 element in mma, pfft, too easy. Mauricio eats wrestlers 4 breakfast and if u dont think he does, u will be a believer after he finishes Rashad. What u guys dont kno is how good his ground game is. When he was in pride, his opponents were worried about his ground game, now in the ufc, there scared of his stand up and have no idea how good his ground game is. This is awesome, Rua finishes the 5 round huger wit a either a 2nd or 3rd round KO or Sub. Not to mention Rashad cant take shots to the face or excuse me A shot to the face. Rua will find a home 4 Evans chin weather it is a fist, elbow, knee and or shin. Suga gets wrecked against Shogun period. What a joke lmao.

I know all the Pride fanboys are going to **** bricks over this' date=' but...... I believe Shogun's first title defence will be his only title defence![/quote']

You think Rashad is going to use 1 overrated element in mma and beat a well rounded dangerous finisher in Shogun lol.

Yup, easy fight for shogun...Rashad is embarrassing...to talk so much **** and then try to scrape a point victory...Greg Jackson is ruining MMA with his knowledge of point winning.

LOL

Rashad is probably the most dangerous opponent in the division for Shogun. Maybe some of you guys are actually more dangerous than Rashad, as you are holding Shoguns nutts so tight he might tap.

Shogun's TDD is avarage/semi-good at best and he has most problems with Wrestlers. He will win, but if he doesn't catch Rashad early in the round it will be a long night.

LOL

Rashad is probably the most dangerous opponent in the division for Shogun. Maybe some of you guys are actually more dangerous than Rashad' date=' as you are holding Shoguns nutts so tight he might tap.

Shogun's TDD is avarage/semi-good at best and he has most problems with Wrestlers. He will win, but if he doesn't catch Rashad early in the round it will be a long night.[/quote']

i don't even like shogun, and i still hope he beats rashad.

and even if evans does win, machida'll just make him do the stanky leg again.

Yep....I do

Your crazy, Shoguns gona be looking to finish the fight and evans is gona look to win an unimpressive decision. Hes gona try to hold a guy 4 5 rounds, not happening.

Your crazy' date=' Shoguns gona be looking to finish the fight and evans is gona look to win an unimpressive decision. Hes gona try to hold a guy 4 5 rounds, not happening.[/quote']

I believe it will

i don't even like shogun' date=' and i still hope he beats rashad.

and even if evans does win, machida'll just make him do the stanky leg again.[/quote']

I hope Shogun wins too, but some people here think Rashad will be a easy fight for Shogun... LOL

Rashad can KO Shogun like he almost did against Rampage.

Shogun will KO his glass chin, but don't be suprised if we see a whole lot of lay and prey "action".

Though i do think Shogun will win by KO or TKO, Rashad is a bad match up for him. Like I thought with the Rampage fight, if Shogun doesn't finish, Rashad by decision. I'm 99% sure Shogun will win though. Rashad gets hit once before he goes down since the Machida fight. I wasn't impressed last night. He can give a hit but can't take one.

LOL

Rashad is probably the most dangerous opponent in the division for Shogun. Maybe some of you guys are actually more dangerous than Rashad' date=' as you are holding Shoguns nutts so tight he might tap.

Shogun's TDD is avarage/semi-good at best and he has most problems with Wrestlers. He will win, but if he doesn't catch Rashad early in the round it will be a long night.[/quote']

Dangerous? Hardly, a wrestler trying to win on points and playing the game all the way to a weak decision victory is anything but dangerous. Ruas takedown defense may be his weakness but not his ground game.

I hope Shogun wins too' date=' but some people here think Rashad will be a easy fight for Shogun... LOL

Rashad can KO Shogun like he almost did against Rampage.

Shogun will KO his glass chin, but don't be suprised if we see a whole lot of lay and prey "action".[/quote']

oh, i won't be surprised at all, infact, i guarentee that rashad's gonna go for the takedown early and often.

Thanks 4 making Shoguns 1st title defense an easy 1 Rashad.

You are aware that Shogun annihilated Rampage right? And that was back when Rampage was in his prime before the daydreams of Hollywood stardom consumed his life.

I'm sure he would have rather faced this washed-up has-been version of Jackson then a fighter who just beat him don't you think?

Plz' date=' you mean to tell me that for Shoguns 1st title defense, he would only have to worry about 1 element in mma, pfft, too easy. Mauricio eats wrestlers 4 breakfast and if u dont think he does, u will be a believer after he finishes Rashad. What u guys dont kno is how good his ground game is. When he was in pride, his opponents were worried about his ground game, now in the ufc, there scared of his stand up and have no idea how good his ground game is. This is awesome, Rua finishes the 5 round huger wit a either a 2nd or 3rd round KO or Sub. Not to mention Rashad cant take shots to the face or excuse me A shot to the face. Rua will find a home 4 Evans chin weather it is a fist, elbow, knee and or shin. Suga gets wrecked against Shogun period. What a joke lmao.[/quote']

This is the same tone we had for Rampage V Rashad. See how that one worked out? lol Here's the thing, I think. Rashad has a pretty good game with his wrestling, stick and move, low stance, explosive quick movement style. However I believe he may control the fight as he did with Rampage. Rua has crisp powerful striking and a wide range of tools up or down and probably will catch Rashad inside 5 rounds. It's apparent that it doesn't take much to put Rashad on the floor. He proved last night he can recover pretty quickly tho. I don't see Rashad winning by KO, although not impossible, he's got some power, but I wouldn't put money on that.

This fight isn't for a while, but I see Rua TKO 3rd

Dangerous? Hardly' date=' a wrestler trying to win on points and playing the game all the way to a weak decision victory is anything but dangerous. Ruas takedown defense may be his weakness but not his ground game.[/quote']

Dangerous Opponent = The One who has the better chance of winning. Dangerous doesn't mean the guy KOs every human in the arena. Shogun's BJJ is pretty good, probably one of the best in the division.... BUT its not like Rashad will come unprepared, he did the smae thing against Silva and Silva has a good BJJ. Rashad will work on defending sweeps, which is what Shogun probably does best, and try to pin him against the cage Couture Style.

Shogun will win ? Sure, but its far from an easy fight... If Rashad only had a decent chin I would be doubt of who would win...

Shogun has sick BJJ, the man can fight off his back just fine.

I figured Evans could outgrapple Rampage.. But Shogun is pretty quick on his feet, has insane cardio, and doesn't get tossed around.

Plz' date=' you mean to tell me that for Shoguns 1st title defense, he would only have to worry about 1 element in mma, pfft, too easy. Mauricio eats wrestlers 4 breakfast and if u dont think he does, u will be a believer after he finishes Rashad. What u guys dont kno is how good his ground game is. When he was in pride, his opponents were worried about his ground game, now in the ufc, there scared of his stand up and have no idea how good his ground game is. This is awesome, Rua finishes the 5 round huger wit a either a 2nd or 3rd round KO or Sub. Not to mention Rashad cant take shots to the face or excuse me A shot to the face. Rua will find a home 4 Evans chin weather it is a fist, elbow, knee and or shin. Suga gets wrecked against Shogun period. What a joke lmao.[/quote']

You must of missed the Coleman fight bud.

You are aware that Shogun annihilated Rampage right? And that was back when Rampage was in his prime before the daydreams of Hollywood stardom consumed his life.

I'm sure he would have rather faced this washed-up has-been version of Jackson then a fighter who just beat him don't you think?

No I think Rampage would had been a tougher opponent believe it or not because he is dangerous and can take shots. Rashad? plz Shogun finishes him easy.

Do you know how fast Rashad is? Rua will not be able to kick Rashad the way he did Machida. Rashad by decision. He will force Shogun into a grappling/wrestling match and drain Rua's strength. By the fourth round, I guarantee Rua will gas, which will open up a possible tko by Rashad in the 5th.

Rua can definately knock him out. If he gets the chance to swing instead of just being pushed up against the cage or lay and prayed on. Which is seriously doubt. Evans is stronger then Rua, controlling him against the cage wont be a challenge for him.

I really hope Rua knocks his head off. But its not going to happen. Evans showed last night that he can time a striker and close and control without taking damage.

Rua's ground game is good, not great. And it doesnt really matter anyway. BJJ only works on wrestlers new to MMA. BJJ requires space and separation to work. A wrestler like rashad just takes you down and hugs as tight as possible. He doesnt try for subs or GnP so theres never any separation for the BJJ to work with.

This is going to be a horrible, boring fight and Evans is going to be a horrible, boring champ after it.

Do you know how fast Rashad is? Rua will not be able to kick Rashad the way he did Machida. Rashad by decision. He will force Shogun into a grappling/wrestling match and drain Rua's strength. By the fourth round' date=' I guarantee Rua will gas, which will open up a possible tko by Rashad in the 5th.[/quote']

Yeah.. No, that's not going to happen.

A conditioned Shogun doesn't gas, sorry.

If Shogun underestimates Rashad half of how some of you are then Rashad will be a 2x LHW Champion.

Shogun wont underestimate him, Im doing that 4 him, I think he learned his lesson vs. Forrest not to do that.

Yup' date=' easy fight for shogun...Rashad is embarrassing...to talk so much **** and then try to scrape a point victory...Greg Jackson is ruining MMA with his knowledge of point winning.[/quote']

We'll get flamed here dude but I don't care, I'm with you. This style of pressing on the fence and 'sapping an opponents will' or whatever c rap they call it, plus the hugging and just leaning on someone is already turning me off some of the bigger names who are adopting it. I love MMA and will always watch but lately, my GOD, some of the fights, usually with the bigger names involved, are absoloute garbage! Couture does it too, GSP just rolls these days, Rashad and Thiago Silva was a great case in point, a potential barnburner turned into a total yawn fest. It may win fights so hey, what can you say, but, it won't wins fans...BORING!

Give me a WEC card anyday!

Shogun wont underestimate him' date=' Im doing that 4 him, I think he learned his lesson vs. Forrest not to do that.[/quote']

i highly doubt he was underestimating him. He came off knee surgery, gave up his back and got caught. Rua is an excellent fighter but struggles with wrestlers, if you think this a walk in the park win for Rua your crazy.

News flash Rampage would have been KO'd in the first round again.

Rashad didn't make it any easier.

Get some MMA knowledge behind you and you'd know Shogun raped Rampage hard without lube back in pride

Rashad is a better opponent than Rampage would be, but I still think Rashad is going down much in the same way as he did with Machida.

At least Rashad has TDs, maybe speed and wrestling. What does Rampage have on Shogun?

Yeah.. No' date=' that's not going to happen.

A conditioned Shogun doesn't gas, sorry.[/quote']

You can start conditioning yourself, but it won't matter. Nobody in MMA has better conditioning than wrestlers. Let me ask you something: Why do you think Randy has been able to fight for so long at such a late age? It is his wrestling and conditioning. Without that, Randy would have retired much much sooner.

Rua can go on the best conditioning program and still will not out-last a great wrestler like Rashad and Couture.

I am really a big fan of Rua but I bealive Rashad will be very difficult matchup for him. Shogun has always had horrible takedown defense. He gets taken down by everybody even by much smallar Japanese fighters. And seeing how Rashad took down Rampage he wount have any problem taking down Shogun. Shogun is dangerous of his back and will probably able to stand back up a lot but Rashad will just go for another takedown. I still think that Shogun will catch Rashad at one point since it will be a five round fight but I am really worried we might see another Mousasi vs King Mo.

Just remember Mousasi is a monster in the standup and very dangerous of his back and it still wasnt enough against a very good wrestler in King Mo.

Rua must work really hard on fighting of his back and his cardio IMO maybe even go for a takedown of his own.

I actually think that Rampage would be an easier fight for Rua tbh.

Do you know how fast Rashad is? Rua will not be able to kick Rashad the way he did Machida. Rashad by decision. He will force Shogun into a grappling/wrestling match and drain Rua's strength. By the fourth round' date=' I guarantee Rua will gas, which will open up a possible tko by Rashad in the 5th.[/quote']

KungFu, u should cease making predictions, ur clearly horrible at them, ur intuitions about Mir and ur beloved Machida were Epic Fails at best. And I still remember what u thought Wanderlei should have done to beat Bisping, fail.

i highly doubt he was underestimating him. He came off knee surgery' date=' gave up his back and got caught. Rua is an excellent fighter but struggles with wrestlers, if you think this a walk in the park win for Rua your crazy.[/quote']

Shogun vs Gump was clearly the worst Shogun I ever seen fight. He underestimated him by taking the fight in very poor condition thinking he could win the fight.

Shogun vs Gump was clearly the worst Shogun I ever seen fight. He underestimated him by taking the fight in very poor condition thinking he could win the fight.

i thought he looked better against forrest than he did against coleman, that's just me though.

KungFu' date=' u should cease making predictions, ur clearly horrible at them, ur intuitions about Mir and ur beloved Machida were Epic Fails at best. And I still remember what u thought Wanderlei should have done to beat Bisping, fail.[/quote']

What did I say about the Wandy/Bisping fight? Didn't I say Bisping could win the fight if he dances well by sticking and moving? What's wrong with that?

News flash Rampage would have been KO'd in the first round again.

Rashad didn't make it any easier.

Get some MMA knowledge behind you and you'd know Shogun raped Rampage hard without lube back in pride

Im fully aware of what Shogun did to Rampage in pride but do u really think it would be a replay of that today? I dont

For some reason i missed his poor conditions in round 1 and 2, it must of kicked in when Gump all bloodied up, made him tap in the 3rd.

I put my money on Shogun, no doubt (but I would have put it on Rampage too). But Rashad is not an easy fight for anybody.

Im fully aware of what Shogun did to Rampage in pride but do u really think it would be a replay of that today? I dont

Yes. Rampage is a good boxer, but Shogun is a great Muy Thai fghter. Leg and body kicks would throw Rampage off his game imo.

i thought he looked better against forrest than he did against coleman' date=' that's just me though.[/quote']

You should at least rewatch the 1st round of those fights and compare. Rua was very sloppy and slow against gump but against coleman he looked pretty good in that 1st and even half of the 2nd, went downhill 4rm there on tho. He landed some nice shots.

after seeing rampage last night you don't?

What did I say about the Wandy/Bisping fight? Didn't I say Bisping could win the fight if he dances well by sticking and moving? What's wrong with that?

You said 4 Wandy to win that fight, he would have to wrestle Bisping. Yes Im pretty sure u said that, u really thought that Wanderlei would have 2 use wrestling tatics to beat a pillow fisted bisping?

after seeing rampage last night you don't?

No, no way, not in the fashion of the 1st fight, I know its easy to bash guys when they loose but Rashad inflicted no damage what so ever when he was hugging Page to death. I highly doubt Shogun would have been able to get off with his Muay Thai clinch like the 1st fight. Make no mistake about it, I still had Shogun beating Jackson but I think Jackson would had been a tougher fight 4 Shogun due to the amount of damage the guy can take. Rashad has shown that in his last 3 fights that he cant take any at all.

shogun has amazing leg locks, knee bars and sweeps. if rashad is 2 aggressive with his wrestling i belive he will be submitted with ease. look at what happened to randleman back in pride. and if fight is stand up its no contest shogun will win this in the 3rd after being laid on for the first 2 i belive. rashad cardio is pretty bad

shogun has amazing leg locks' date=' knee bars and sweeps. if rashad is 2 aggressive with his wrestling i belive he will be submitted with ease. look at what happened to randleman back in pride. and if fight is stand up its no contest shogun will win this in the 3rd after being laid on for the first 2 i belive. rashad cardio is pretty bad[/quote']

Rashad is no Randelman. He is much better though I agree with you Shogun will get him somehow just not with ease

Hahaha, you sayin Rampage would be any better? He would not be better. Definitely not any better.