Goodbye MMA...you're too much of a joke for my liking.

Bonobo

• 2 weeks later...
I think someone should be able to overturn the decision. It was obvious who won that fight and it wasn't the one who had his hand raised. At least give the man a rematch. He wasn't even prepared for that fight and won 2 of 3 rounds.

he doesn't want a rematch

Nog vs Brils was the straw that broke the camels back.

The UFC is MMA and the UFC is pro wrestling.

You never were a true MMA fan. Brils just proved anyone can be a worthy opponent for even the best in the world. Yeah Nog had everything to lose, but if he was as good, as people made him out to be, he would've easily disposed of Brils. But now look, Brils is actually a name now, and Nog still got the win.. If the Judging is the issue to you, that's not MMA's fault, it's the commissions. But it sounds like you're pissed off Nog was put in position to lose to a no-name like Brils.

I'm still waiting for Lil Nog to speak out and say he had a severe staph infection leading up to this fight, and blame that on his performance.

Oh please dont go mr random guy on the forums please dont go... .......

ok whatever go on get out of here you dont need a big announcement no one cares that ur leaving anyways

deffinately a close fight, sometimes when a fighter that you expect to lose puts up a good fight you start to watch through rose coloured glasses and only see his punches and counters. the first time i said brilz, having rewatched a few times i can see how nog won but still think it was so close and hard to call, another time it could have gone the other way.

well you have to admit the ufc's recent cards have been utter crap

hopefully crocop will be at least one good fight at 115' date='if he performs

nevermind,the best mma fighter of all time is fighting soon

gotta be looking forward to seeing fedor[/quote']

What's been so bad about the recent cards? They've all been pretty damn good, IMO.

How can you sit there, call yourself an MMA fan, and then not be excited about Liddell vs Franklin? Or Kampmann vs Thiago? Or Condit vs MacDonald? Or Rothwell vs Yvel?

There are FIVE (5) solid fights here. What's your deal?

What's been so bad about the recent cards? They've all been pretty damn good' date=' IMO.

How can you sit there, call yourself an MMA fan, and then not be excited about Liddell vs Franklin? Or Kampmann vs Thiago? Or Condit vs MacDonald? Or Rothwell vs Yvel?

There are FIVE (5) solid fights here. What's your deal?[/quote']

yea what bad cards???

lets go back 5 cards

ufc 110 was awesome

ufc 111 was stacked

ufc 112 other than the dance at the end it was good card

ufc 113 was good card w/ a definite answer on whos the better fighter between machida/shogun

ufc 114 was a stacked card that rashad proved he was the better well rounded fighter

ufc 115 is stacked also

i agree with you sexxpac the op must not have been following mma for very long

yea what bad cards???

lets go back 5 cards

ufc 110 was awesome

ufc 111 was stacked

ufc 112 other than the dance at the end it was good card

ufc 113 was good card w/ a definite answer on whos the better fighter between machida/shogun

ufc 114 was a stacked card that rashad proved he was the better well rounded fighter

ufc 115 is stacked also

i agree with you sexxpac the op must not have been following mma for very long

It pains me to see that written.

I think Lyoto takes the rubber match ;)

Did you watch the fight. It was far closer than people think and judges will sometimes get the calls wrong like Machida vs Shogun 1, Evans vs Bisping, Bisping vs Hamill or Buentello vs Struve it does not mean the UFC is like the bloody pro wrestling. It is MMA

Did you watch the fight. It was far closer than people think and judges will sometimes get the calls wrong like Machida vs Shogun 1' date=' Evans vs Bisping, Bisping vs Hamill or Buentello vs Struve it does not mean the UFC is like the bloody pro wrestling. It is MMA[/quote']

I had it like this..

Nog, Machida, Evans, Hamill, Struve.

FWIW, I think Franklin should have got the nod over Hendo.

What's been so bad about the recent cards? They've all been pretty damn good' date=' IMO.

I would not call UFC 115 a great card with solid fights........compared with the last 20 UFC's but that has to be taken into account. One card that is not jam packed with title fights of #1 contenders matches and people start to complain. Yeah most of the fighters on the card are not relevant in their weight class where the title is concerned but it still has 9 or 10 MMA FIGHTS on it so yeah it is still worthy of our time the fighters have put in a lot of time and effort and after the fights are done most will be hurt or injured and still we have youngsters complain about standards

I would not call UFC 115 a great card with solid fights........compared with the last 20 UFC's but that has to be taken into account. One card that is not jam packed with title fights of #1 contenders matches and people start to complain. Yeah most of the fighters on the card are not relevant in their weight class where the title is concerned but it still has 9 or 10 MMA FIGHTS on it so yeah it is still worthy of our time the fighters have put in a lot of time and effort and after the fights are done most will be hurt or injured and still we have youngsters complain about standards

I don't look at 'relevancy' of the fighters.

I just look at who's fighting.

Judging by who's fighting, this is going to be a damn good card.

Relevancy doesn't mean a damn thing.. and FWIW, Franklin or Liddell are only two solid wins away from a title shot.

I don't look at 'relevancy' of the fighters.

I just look at who's fighting.

Judging by who's fighting' date=' this is going to be a damn good card.

Relevancy doesn't mean a damn thing.. and FWIW, Franklin or Liddell are only two solid wins away from a title shot.[/quote']

No you got me wrong I think it WILL be a good card just not compared to some we have had recently but I cannot agree with the two wins from a title shot thing I think both have far too many people in their way and would have to beat fighters who are now beyond them. Think of Rich Franklin vs Lyoto Machida or Thiago Silva. Rua has already knocked Liddell out and so has the #1 contender Rashad and for that matter so did the #1 contenders last opponent Rampage

quite easily-im not exited about seeing washed up fighter A vs washed up fighter B.

after that fight you will see what i mean,deffo

No you got me wrong I think it WILL be a good card just not compared to some we have had recently but I cannot agree with the two wins from a title shot thing I think both have far too many people in their way and would have to beat fighters who are now beyond them. Think of Rich Franklin vs Lyoto Machida or Thiago Silva. Rua has already knocked Liddell out and so has the #1 contender Rashad and for that matter so did the #1 contenders last opponent Rampage

I get that.. but you also have to realize, that the UFC will want to fast-track one of these guys to a title shot.

If Liddell beats Franklin, especially by KO, then he'll likely get a top guy next fight. If he can knock off Griffin, Rogerio, or Machida, then he'll for sure get a shot at whoever is champ at the time.

The same pretty much goes for Franklin. If he beats Liddell, I can see them wanting to match him up with Lyoto. We know how much the UFC loves rematches. If Franklin could beat Lyoto, he'd probably get a shot. Besides, I think Franklin vs Rua is a pretty good fight.

You're probably the type of 'fan' who thinks everybody is washed up if they lose once.

your way off sweetheart

could be something to do with chuck being WAY past it,even dana white said he never wants to see chuck fight again---that was untill he realized how much money he could make by letting him fight again!!

I have to agree that the Main Event for 115 is hardly the most exciting fight of late.

I always look forward to any card, regardless of who is on it, because anything can happen in MMA.

FFS I tuned in to WEC 48, having never seen WEC before (its not that I'm not a 'true' MMA fan, just that I have a busy life and have only ever been able to make time for UFC) and I was treated to arguably the best fight I have ever seen.

But Franklin vs Lidell is a match between two fighters who are well past their prime. It will still be an ok fight to watch, but this fight is no test of who is the better overall fighter, because neither of them are on the form they used to be.

The other fights on the card are much more exciting.

Really looking forward to seeing Kampmann fight Thiago. I like both of these guys a lot, but I think Thiago is going to emerge victorious.

Also, is Cro Cop vs Barry on this card? That is one of the best matches I have heard in a long time.....This will decide where Cro Cop fits in the UFC. I sincerely hope Barry wins.

So yeah, the card is good, but the main event is a little lacklustre, though still worth seeing.

Everyone knows that the judging is an issue with MMA!

There was a write up on it in this months Fighters Only and even Joe Rogan has spoken to the head of the commissioning board to insist judges have monitors to try and irradicate the problem.

The other issue is that MMA judges may not necessarily have any training in martial arts. Alot of judges come form a boxing background, which is why there's so many mess ups, and so many calls for judges trained in MMA. (Applying for this is easier than you think!!)

If your gonna throw your rattle out of the pram everytime theres a bad call due to judging thats your call.

In my opinion if a fight has gone the distance, and theres a decision made, and its close enough to cause soo much contoversy on this forum, such as lil Nog and Brilz, then it mustve been a hell of a fight!

Which it was and I enjoyed watching every round!!

I disagree with the judges decision big time, but Im not gonna P*ss my pants and never watch MMA again.

I think that fight was too close to be angry about the decision. Honestly I thought it could go either way. I was leaning towards the judges, but giving it to Lil Nog wasn't outrageous IMO. Anyways things are already changing. Former professional fighters will be judging UFC 115.

I think it's lame that you think that the decision made a difference at that point. Dana knows who won the fight therefore either Brilz gets the rematch or just moves up in the mind of the UFC. The UFC doesn't have formal rankings like college football where if you lose you go down no matter what. There will always be a couple of things that happen such as Jon Jones' DQ or that crappy decision. The good thing about the UFC is that if it's not a championship match the fans can somewhat convince Dana or Dana just knows who really won the fight.

LOL @ the dummies who think Liddell and Franklin are "WAYYYY past their prime", but are still excited to see Cro Cop.

Liddell and Franklin have only lost to champions.. the best-of-the-best (except for Jardine and Horn).

You guys b*tch about seeing Rashad "lay-and-pray" on Rampage, but then you talk sh*t about seeing two guys who are gonna stand and bang.

Fukken impossible group of spoiled little brats you all are.

Archived