Nog vs Brilz Round 1 Minute by Minute

Trodrigues

This was not made by me, lunacyfrog posted this on sherdog forums, all credits go to him.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/nog-v-brilz-round-1-minute-minute-you-decide-who-won-1221992/

In case you didn't get a chance to see the fight and want to know what all the controversy is about, here's the minute by minute breakdown of EVERYTHING that happened.

Minute 1

Nog lands 1 leg kick.

Brilz tries two leg kicks but misses.

Nothing else happens.

Minute 2

Nog lands what Rogan calls a "big knee." Brilz stumbles away. Crowd reacts.

Nog lands a very nice leg kick that turns Brilz' body sideways.

Brilz shoots for a takedown and Nog defends. Goldie: "Brilz not even close."

Nog lands a knee to the stomach.

Nog tries another kick, and this time Brilz catches it and scores a takedown.

Brilz lands a pretty good forearm from inside the guard, followed by a few pitter-patter shots.

Nog sets up a triangle. Brilz defends before it is close to being locked on.

Minute 3

Nog goes for a halfguard sweep. Brilz stops throwing strikes in order to defend it.

Brilz defends successfully and takes the back with no hooks from turtle position.

Brilz throws a few punches from this position, but the camera angle makes it impossible to see how effective they are or if they land.

Nog moves back to half guard.

Brilz lands a pretty good forearm.

Nog sets up another half guard sweep.

Brilz hammer fists Nog's arm/head.

Minute 4

Nog reverses with the sweep and takes Brilz' back standing up.

Nog drives Brilz to the mat and Brilz ends up in turtle position.

Nog punches Brilz' arm/head from that position.

Brilz escapes back to his feet and loads up on a right hand that doesn't land flush.

Brilz lands a kick to Nog's ankle.

Minute 5

Nog throws two punches that graze Brilz.

Brilz goes for a takedown and is stuffed.

Brilz flurries but misses.

Nog ends the round with 2 clean punches that land.

I've watched the fight a couple of times and I still believe Nog won that fight. The first round was close but I thought Nog took it with the knees and kicks.

For all the takedowns Brilz scored, Nog countered them with sweeps.

I gave the first round to Nog, just.

Second round to Brilz.

And the third to Nog.

I think the fact that it wasn't a top performance from Nog and that Brilz was still in it, fans tend to side with the underdog.

I've watched the fight a couple of times and I still believe Nog won that fight. The first round was close but I thought Nog took it with the knees and kicks.

For all the takedowns Brilz scored' date=' Nog countered them with sweeps.

I gave the first round to Nog, just.

Second round to Brilz.

And the third to Nog.

I think the fact that it wasn't a top performance from Nog and that Brilz was still in it, fans tend to side with the underdog.[/quote']

I was rooting for Nog during the live fight, I kept trying to hype what he did more than the announcers and I still gave it to Brilz 29-28. Watching it over now, I gave it 29-28 Nog but wow still really close in the first.

I was rooting for Nog during the live fight' date=' I kept trying to hype what he did more than the announcers and I still gave it to Brilz 29-28. Watching it over now, I gave it 29-28 Nog but wow still really close in the first.[/quote']

With decisions this close I certainly wouldn't have been surprised if it was scored a draw.

I was rooting for Nog during the live fight' date=' I kept trying to hype what he did more than the announcers and I still gave it to Brilz 29-28. Watching it over now, I gave it 29-28 Nog but wow still really close in the first.[/quote']

so what are you saying? rooting for nog but you thought brilz won then watched it again pulled for brilz and thought nog won? what are you talking about?lol

so what are you saying? rooting for nog but you thought brilz won then watched it again pulled for brilz and thought nog won? what are you talking about?lol

lmao, no. I just re-watched the first round and I thought Nog won it. That's it :P

Archived