ON the matter of attendance

UFCCagerattler

Seems to me about half the stadium was empty for UFC 114.

I know we had an over/under poll on the PPVs, Seriously. Does anyone think they did a good PPV on the same night as the LAkers eliminated the Suns to make the finals, the NHL finals started with a kick **** 6-5 opener, and Hallday threw a NO NO for the Phils?

If they did 250K pays I will be blown away.

Of course the UFC gaurds their pay numbers like the nuclear launch codes so we'll never know, but the whole MMA thing is starting to wind down.

Crappy event after crappy event.

UFC 114, which took place Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and aired live on pay-per-view, attracted a reported soldout crowd of 15,081 fans who witnessed Evans' unanimous-decision victory over Jackson.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the attendance figure and $3.895 million live gate following the show.

Nevada State Athletic Commission officials will release official figures later this week.

UFC officials announced this past Wednesday that the event was an official sellout. Its success owed much to a fierce trash-talking campaign between the headliners.

Seems to me about half the stadium was empty for UFC 114.

I know we had an over/under poll on the PPVs' date=' Seriously. Does anyone think they did a good PPV on the same night as the LAkers eliminated the Suns to make the finals, the NHL finals started with a kick **** 6-5 opener, and Hallday threw a NO NO for the Phils?

If they did 250K pays I will be blown away.

Of course the UFC gaurds their pay numbers like the nuclear launch codes so we'll never know, but the whole MMA thing is starting to wind down.

Crappy event after crappy event.[/quote']

They sold 20 million pay per views buys.................not :P

A sell out?

The last time we looked into that the UFC had given away as many tickets as they sold.\

I'm tlling you that arena was not full. NOt even close. There were whole sections of seating with nobody in them.

I was AT the fights. Just got back from Vegas 3 hours ago.

The arena WAS sold out. For the first half of the card as is typical some seats were empty...but by main event?...the room was FULL.

It was pretty nuts.

Cheers

-DR

Archived