The Ed Soares Effect and Lay&Pray were in full effect tonight ...

AjBiG

Although I wanted Lil' Nog to win, that was such a horrible .. horrible decision. Brilz dominates the majority of the fight, and unfortunately gets shunned by the judges. This is what I like to call, the Ed Soares Effect. It seems as though judges love Ed Soares and every fighter he represents. Note to fanboys: please do not riddle this thread with how much you would love to be Lyoto Machida's jock, or Anderson Silva's trademark yellow/black spandex. The fact of the matter is, anyone who doesn't feel like finishing fights should go train at Black House, because you're virtually guaranteed the decision.

Secondly, on the issue of lay and pray. Now, I am an enormous fan of GSP. Yes he may have done his share of holding his opponent down and working the ground/clinch game BUT there is one enormous difference. When all you do is talk crap before a fight. Tell everyone that you're going to make your opponent QUIT, that he's just a child, that you bought him a Snuggie for when you "knock him out", do not hold him up against the cage. Rashad talked way too much, for how little he did. He threw ONE, yes one punch during that fight, AND it was in the first minute. He had Rampage rocked and didn't even bother to follow up. It was a pitiful performance.

Yes, I was one of the people that truly believed Rampage would knock out Rashad and it probably should have happened. I do feel as though SOME of the blame should be laid upon Rampage, but very little. If you watched the fight, he was always stepping forward while Rashad decided to pull his best Anderson Silva impersonation and dance around his opponent. Rashad did the very least that was necessary to get the victory and for that, he is just another sad sad excuse for a fighter. The guy is a pretty boy wrestler who will just get demolished when he's forced to actually FIGHT.

Have fun with Shogun, Rashad ... I know I'll have fun watching it.

Although I wanted Lil' Nog to win' date=' that was such a horrible .. horrible decision. Brilz dominates the majority of the fight, and unfortunately gets shunned by the judges. This is what I like to call, the Ed Soares Effect. It seems as though judges love Ed Soares and every fighter he represents. Note to fanboys: please do not riddle this thread with how much you would love to be Lyoto Machida's jock, or Anderson Silva's trademark yellow/black spandex. The fact of the matter is, anyone who doesn't feel like finishing fights should go train at Black House, because you're virtually guaranteed the decision.

Secondly, on the issue of lay and pray. Now, I am an enormous fan of GSP. Yes he may have done his share of holding his opponent down and working the ground/clinch game BUT there is one enormous difference. When all you do is talk crap before a fight. Tell everyone that you're going to make your opponent QUIT, that he's just a child, that you bought him a Snuggie for when you "knock him out", do not hold him up against the cage. Rashad talked way too much, for how little he did. He threw ONE, yes one punch during that fight, AND it was in the first minute. He had Rampage rocked and didn't even bother to follow up. It was a pitiful performance.

Yes, I was one of the people that truly believed Rampage would knock out Rashad and it probably should have happened. I do feel as though SOME of the blame should be laid upon Rampage, but very little. If you watched the fight, he was always stepping forward while Rashad decided to pull his best Anderson Silva impersonation and dance around his opponent. Rashad did the very least that was necessary to get the victory and for that, he is just another sad sad excuse for a fighter. The guy is a pretty boy wrestler who will just get demolished when he's forced to actually FIGHT.

Have fun with Shogun, Rashad ... I know I'll have fun watching it.[/quote']

+1 i cant wait for Rashad to get KTFO by Shogun.

Yes' date=' I was one of the people that truly believed Rampage would knock out Rashad and it probably should have happened. .[/quote']

Face it, you are a fuqing moron and move on. Or be like your hero rampage and keep making excuse your entire pathetic life.

Although I wanted Lil' Nog to win' date=' that was such a horrible .. horrible decision. Brilz dominates the majority of the fight, and unfortunately gets shunned by the judges. This is what I like to call, the Ed Soares Effect. It seems as though judges love Ed Soares and every fighter he represents. Note to fanboys: please do not riddle this thread with how much you would love to be Lyoto Machida's jock, or Anderson Silva's trademark yellow/black spandex. The fact of the matter is, anyone who doesn't feel like finishing fights should go train at Black House, because you're virtually guaranteed the decision.

Have fun with Shogun, Rashad ... I know I'll have fun watching it.[/quote']

I completely agree +1

Face it' date=' you are a fuqing moron and move on. Or be like your hero rampage and keep making excuse your entire pathetic life.[/quote']

Too tough man. Pick out a random quotation and then chirp over the internet? You probably did the Rashad Evans dance right after, eh? Pathetic. Add a little intelligence to the conversation you moron.

Brilz won round 2 only' date=' the third round was mad close. I had Nog winning that fight, i think its a fair decision!![/quote']

Brilz absolutely DOMINATED that first round. I had it 29-28 Brilz, but I suppose you saw it the same way 2 of the judges did.

I admit it 1 and 3 was suuuuper close but Brilz only dominated round 2 imo. Much respect to Brilz tho I was surprised!!

Yeah, the only thing that Brilz lost in this fight was a win on his record. He gained fans, respect and a lot of notoriety by the other fighters.

And @Brent555 .. I actually don't remember that conversation but I don't take much of the conversations on here too seriously so I usually quickly forget things.

Yeah' date=' the only thing that Brilz lost in this fight was a win on his record. He gained fans, respect and a lot of notoriety by the other fighters.

And @Brent555 .. I actually don't remember that conversation but I don't take much of the conversations on here too seriously so I usually quickly forget things.[/quote']

Most definitely. He gained more than Nog from that fight!!

Face it' date=' you are a fuqing moron and move on. Or be like your hero rampage and keep making excuse your entire pathetic life.[/quote']

rampage didnt make very much excuses buddy. play it back and ull see. only thing he said is that he shouldnt of done the movie

Secondly, on the issue of lay and pray. Now, I am an enormous fan of GSP. Yes he may have done his share of holding his opponent down and working the ground/clinch game BUT there is one enormous difference. When all you do is talk crap before a fight. [b']Tell everyone that you're going to make your opponent QUIT*[/b], that he's just a child, that you bought him a Snuggie for when you "knock him out", do not hold him up against the cage. Rashad talked way too much, for how little he did. He threw ONE, yes one punch during that fight, AND it was in the first minute. He had Rampage rocked and didn't even bother to follow up. It was a pitiful performance.

Have fun with Shogun, Rashad ... I know I'll have fun watching it.

Buddy, I don't know if you know this, but the "quitter" thing was a strategy to get Rampage pissed off really badly, and it worked... The snuggie thing was too. I do agree that Jason Brilz probably got robbed, but it was pretty close.

Archived