Pride fans who think they're knowlegable get owned again, this time by Rashad

SCOver2

I'm talking about the elitist guys that think just because they watched Pride even though most of us did, that they're somehow more knowledgeable for supporting guys that the game has passed like Rampage, the Nogs, Fedor, Wandy ect.

It's funny when a guy who came from Tuf like Rashad who they all hate with a passion smashes their beloved hero's.

Newsflash: Just because you're biased towards old nostalgic favorites who the game has passed, doe not make you more knowledgeable about MMA. Infact, it makes you short sighted, biased and unable to be objective when it comes to picking the best fighters.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm talking about the elitist guys that think just because they watched Pride even though most of us did' date=' that they're somehow more knowledgeable for supporting guys that the game has passed like Rampage, the Nogs, Fedor, Wandy ect.

It's funny when a guy who came from Tuf like Rashad who they all hate with a passion smashes their beloved hero's.

Newsflash: Just because you're biased towards old nostalgic favorites who the game has passed, doe not make you more knowledgeable about MMA. Infact, it makes you short sighted, biased and unable to be objective when it comes to picking the best fighters.[/quote']

I watched Pride but I thought Rashad was going to win.

I think yoiu have some inseciurity issues, probably related to your masculinity.

I'm talking about the elitist guys that think just because they watched Pride even though most of us did' date=' that they're somehow more knowledgeable for supporting guys that the game has passed like Rampage, the Nogs, Fedor, Wandy ect.

Newsflash: Just because you're biased towards old nostalgic favorites who the game has passed, doe not make you more knowledgeable about MMA. Infact, it makes you short sighted, biased and unable to be objective when it comes to picking the best fighters.[/quote']

Sorry dude can't use this thread yet wait for Shogun vs Rashad.

I watched Pride but I thought Rashad was going to win.

I think yoiu have some inseciurity issues' date=' probably related to your masculinity.[/quote']Why would I be insecure when so many guys like you constantly demonstrate they have mancrushes on me?

Rashad won by dancing around like circus monkey.......pitiful performance to me
What exactly did Rampage do?

Pretty much nothing other than a 5 second segment where he capitalized on a Rashad slip.

It was funny seeing Rashad beat Rampage to the punch every time and even rock him with a beauty punch.

lol Rampage... so slow.

See that's what makes you "short sighted, biased and unable to be objective when it comes to picking the best fighters" it's because you're blind to the fact that most Rampage fans knew it would be Rashad's Wrestling vs Rampages KO power.

The story of the fight wasn't anything Rashad did, it was Rampage being too cautious to put away a rocked Rashad. Understand that the outcome of the fight was Rampage's doing, not Rashads, no one figured Rashad was gonna turn it into a striking match.

If you still don't get it, the perceived rules of the outcome were either Rampage neutralizes Rashads wrestling and manages to KO him at some point OR Rashad wins. Rampage almost had the first scenario but for whatever reason he never finished. I cheered for Rampage solely on his character, knowing full well Rashad had far more options to win the fight and use wrestling as he did in the fight.

Game has passed Fedor?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAH

HAHAHA

HA. Give it a rest man, your hatred is almost turning into reverse nut huggery.

Game has passed Fedor?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAH

HAHAHA

HA. Give it a rest man' date=' your hatred is almost turning into reverse nut huggery.[/quote']

14t92eh.jpg

What would a good HW from modern MMA do to him?

Rashad won by skill and outclassing Quittin. You just don't understand MMA and should go watch Dora.

I just googled "Dora" and all that came up was this Mexican looking girl with a mushroom cut .. if that's what you're referring to, are you 12?

Hey' date=' do you mind putting your seething man love for Fedor on hold for a second and finding the Gif of him blasting Rogers into next week?

Yeah thats what I thought.[/quote']The fact that Rogers could do that at all to Fedor, who hasn't fought real competition in years goes to show where his game at.

Rogers is a complete bum.

The fact that Rogers could do that at all to Fedor' date=' who hasn't fought real competition in years goes to show where his game at.

Rogers is a complete bum.[/quote']

Nice, way to dodge my request. You don't think Mir is competition for your man crush, correct? Because I'm pretty sure that I can post a Gif of him blasting your boy in the face with a knee and almost putting his lights out. You're amateur hour, donkey.

KO of the year? Is that supposed to be a joke?

Rogers wasn't even out. That KO wasn't even top 10

KO of the 2009 Hendo/Bisping

henderson.gif

Feel good KO of the Forever. A good pick-me-up for whenever life has got you down.

KO of the year? Is that supposed to be a joke?

Rogers wasn't even out. That KO wasn't even top 10

KO of the 2009 Hendo/Bisping

henderson.gif

Do you realize what you just did, donkey? You invalidated your entire purpose of this thread, becasue that KO happened to be a Pride fighter KOing a UFC posterboy. Not only that, but that Pride fighter is now in Strikeforce. You're really not very good at this, donkey. Get back in the field and plow some corn.

great post!!!!!!! you're right on.

funny thing is its guys like Evans, Machida, Lesnar that I hear in the mix with Pride vs UFC conversations, when they were not in the UFC during prides hay day.

Evans was just getting started dragging cans to UD when Silva was on his streak.

rampage killed liddell

nog beat couture

hendo beat franklin

w. silva cant beat anyone except the UFCs punching bag in Jardine haha.

and shogun has positioned himself to reign over LHW for a long time.

Sorry but thats two fights Evans should have been finished in. As far as i can tell his gameplan is about as fail-proof as oil companies' tankers/wells.

Thats two fights where he has tired the superior striker out to the point of them not being able to muster a decent finish attempt and getting the W.

See what I did there?

Dude, I dunno what the hell you were watching but, that fight sucked hairy donkey balls. Both fighters looked like ****. If Rashad thinks he even has a chance against Rua, he's ****ing dreaming. That's twice in a row he almost got KO'd in the 3rd round and the fight before that he did get KO'd.

I think Greg Jackson is giving handjobs to his guys before their fights. Because they all seem so pumped during training and then go out and perform like they just woke up from a nap.

What exactly did Rampage do?

Pretty much nothing other than a 5 second segment where he capitalized on a Rashad slip.

It was funny seeing Rashad beat Rampage to the punch every time and even rock him with a beauty punch.

lol Rampage... so slow.

Do you realize what you just did' date=' donkey? You invalidated your entire purpose of this thread, becasue that KO happened to be a Pride fighter KOing a UFC posterboy. Not only that, but that Pride fighter is now in Strikeforce. You're really not very good at this, donkey. Get back in the field and plow some corn.[/quote']Great and where is Hendo now?

Go Pride.

lol

^ Where is RIch now? Go UFC!

Where is Hendo now? Uhm, Goldberg said it himself tonight. "A future hall of famer". Where are you, keyboard warrior? Still in your mother's basement acting like you have a purpose. Go SCO.

So where were you after 113, SCO? After Pride destroyed the UFC in a first round KTFO?

Dude' date=' I dunno what the hell you were watching but, that fight sucked hairy donkey balls. Both fighters looked like ****. If Rashad thinks he even has a chance against Rua, he's ****ing dreaming. That's twice in a row he almost got KO'd in the 3rd round and the fight before that he did get KO'd.

I think Greg Jackson is giving handjobs to his guys before their fights. Because they all seem so pumped during training and then go out and perform like they just woke up from a nap.[/quote']lol Rashad is going to beat Shogun and you guys are going to off yourselves.

Shogun doesn't have an answer for his wrestling.

lol Rashad is going to beat Shogun and you guys are going to off yourselves.

Insane Knee bars, amazing sweeps, great ability to scramble, deadly muay thai clinch, better speed than evans, kicks(which evans has no answer for), KO power, good chin, BJJ miles ahead of evans?

But i guess hes no match for Evans black belt in hugging.

...that KO happened to be a Pride fighter KOing a UFC posterboy. Not only that' date=' but that Pride fighter is now in Strikeforce.[/quote']

Yeah. I see your point, but at the same time you have to admit that that PRIDE fighter got dominated by a smaller Strikeforce fighter that will likely be a poster boy for the UFC.

Not trying to start any arguments (I usually just watch the fireworks here) but just throwing that out there.

Insane Knee bars' date=' amazing sweeps, great ability to scramble, deadly muay thai clinch, better speed than evans, kicks(which evans has no answer for), KO power, good chin, BJJ miles ahead of evans?

But i guess hes no match for Evans black belt in hugging.[/quote']Wrestling >>>>>>>>>>> all

Get used to it.

Real MMA fans didn't pick Quinton over Evans because they are pride fanboys. They picked Rampage because:

Iron jaw vs glass jaw

Insanely strong vs pretty strong

Excellent technical boxer vs excellent technical boxer

Solid wrestler vs solid wrestler

On paper it looked like a fairly even fight with Rampage coming out with a few notable advantages. I've been calling this fight as a point win for Evans for a while because of the speed advantage I personally felt I observed... But I'll have to admit as well, the jaw differential had me really nervous.

Pride>UFC

but I liked Rashad from the start...

except that all pride fighters are from the old generation of fighters. Those who succeeded when making living through MMA only was hard so not every fighter was entirely dedicated to it. People were less trained, and were a lot less rounded than the new generation.

except also that the vast majority of the fighters that came from pride aren't at the top of the food chain in the UFC, at all.

Just remember, old doesn't mean better. Royce Gracie was great at UFC 1 but even in the prime of his art and shape if he was to show up in today's UFC he would get obliterated.

lol Rashad is going to beat Shogun and you guys are going to off yourselves.

I'm not so sure about that. Machida took Shogun down (iirc) but then got swept... it was then I had to see one of my favorite fighters get "knocked the **** out."

Shogun has some serious skills, but we'll have to see.

except that all pride fighters are from the old generation of fighters. Those who succeeded when making living through MMA only was hard so not every fighter was entirely dedicated to it. People were less trained' date=' and were a lot less rounded than the new generation.

except also that the vast majority of the fighters that came from pride aren't at the top of the food chain in the UFC, at all.

Just remember, old doesn't mean better. Royce Gracie was great at UFC 1 but even in the prime of his art and shape if he was to show up in today's UFC he would get obliterated.[/quote']

If Pride was still around they'd have plenty of new, well rounded fighters themselves. After all, when they were around, they were considered the top dog in MMA. And many of these UFC guys would gladly have signed with Pride over the UFC because of that.

SCO, you still haven't answered where you were after UFC 113. The only Pride fighter young enough to still be in his prime now destroys the "unstoppable UFC champion" who treated Rashad like a kid at a scared straight convention and you're nowhere to be found.

Shall we continue?

If Pride was still around they'd have plenty of new' date=' well rounded fighters themselves. After all, when they were around, they were considered the top dog in MMA. And many of these UFC guys would gladly have signed with Pride over the UFC because of that.

SCO, you still haven't answered where you were after UFC 113.[/quote']

Rubbing one out to his life sized cardboard Lesnar Cut-out, I presume.

If Pride was still around they'd have plenty of new' date=' well rounded fighters themselves. After all, when they were around, they were considered the top dog in MMA. And many of these UFC guys would gladly have signed with Pride over the UFC because of that.[/quote']

They were the top dog. But then the dog got old and it's owner couldn't fill the food bowl when he didn't have any money to go buy it... (as you know they went bankrupt).

We can certainly dream, not disputing that. One way or another one of the companies was going to go under. It happened to be PRIDE...

If Pride was still around they'd have plenty of new' date=' well rounded fighters themselves. After all, when they were around, they were considered the top dog in MMA. And many of these UFC guys would gladly have signed with Pride over the UFC because of that.

SCO, you still haven't answered where you were after UFC 113.[/quote']I guess you guys can cling on to 113 because Shogun is only 3-2 since he came back to the UFC and he'll likely lose again soon. Other than that you pretty much have nothing.

I guess you guys can cling on to 113 because Shogun is only 3-2 since he came back to the UFC and he'll likely lose again soon. Other than that you pretty much have nothing.

And finally back into form, which he was slowly getting each and every fight. Hes going to be unstopable.

Its was a given evans would control that fight with rampage, and rampage would have to stop him, which he nearly did.

Shogun is a whole new beast. He will walk through rashad. Its a bad matchup for him.

Archived